BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anthony's is what ruled.me recommends, and what I bought.  (For what it's worth...)  The Blue Diamond brand sounds interesting.  Please let us know what you think of it.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's everyone's favorite almond flour? I've been using Rob's Red Mill just because it's what is available in stores, but I didn't know if there are better ones online.

I have been using Anthony's which I get from Amazon. but last time I was at Costco they had Blue Diamond almond flour so I bought 2 bags there, but have not tried any of it yet.  Costco sells out of it quickly so even though I did not need any I bought them just to have on hand.

Anthony's is what ruled.me recommends, and what I bought.  (For what it's worth...)  The Blue Diamond brand sounds interesting.  Please let us know what you think of it.  
I have used the Blue Diamond almond flour a few times now.  I can't tell any difference from Anthony's, except the BD might be ground a bit finer.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have used the Blue Diamond almond flour a few times now.  I can't tell any difference from Anthony's, except the BD might be ground a bit finer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's everyone's favorite almond flour? I've been using Rob's Red Mill just because it's what is available in stores, but I didn't know if there are better ones online.

I have been using Anthony's which I get from Amazon. but last time I was at Costco they had Blue Diamond almond flour so I bought 2 bags there, but have not tried any of it yet.  Costco sells out of it quickly so even though I did not need any I bought them just to have on hand.

I've been happy with the Now Foods nut flours.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:36:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
One of my LaRue egg processes ...

No flipping required.
Drop 2 eggs on already sizzling sausage crumbles or bacon bits, break whites to flatten them out, then drop a clear lid on, done when tops of eggs turn white.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/AUSTINWFT/LT%20Post/IMG_6193_zpsgybqbgxz.jpg
View Quote

Sprinkle with dillo dust?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No flipping required.

Drop 2 eggs on already sizzling sausage crumbles or bacon bits, break whites to flatten them out, then drop a clear lid on, done when tops of eggs turn white.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/AUSTINWFT/LT%20Post/IMG_6193_zpsgybqbgxz.jpg
View Quote

Yep.  I cooked onions, green peppers, and portobella mushrooms in some olive oil, pulled them out, cooked the meat, added the veggies back in, then cooked the eggs on top, covered.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Just made this today. Came out great, only thing I would suggest is cut up some of the bigger florets.

Bacon Cheese Cauliflower, Baked, Broiled & Keto-perfect!

Nutritional info per serving:
macros: 5g net carbs, 12g protein, 34g fat
ratio: 5% carbs, 13% protein, 82% fat (of 373 calories)
Yields 8 servings

Ingredients:
1 large Cauliflower, broken into florets
2 Tbsp Butter, melted
2 Tbsp Almond flour
6 oz Cream cheese (full fat), softened
6 oz Cheddar cheese (full fat), grated
1/2 cup of Heavy cream (35% fat)
12 strips smoked Bacon
Salt, pepper, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg

1. Break up cauliflower into florets and boil or steam for about 10 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Bake bacon on foil-lined baking sheet for 12-15 minutes at 375°F, remove from pan and set aside.
3. Melt butter in sauce pan over low to medium heat, stir in almond flour, add softened cream cheese and mix until well blended. Add the heavy cream and keep stirring until sauce is smooth.
4. Add salt & pepper to taste, and nutmeg (freshly grated is best), crumbled bacon pieces, and mix in 4 oz (2/3) of the grated cheese (reserve the other half to sprinkle on top of the dish).
5. In a greased casserole dish, add the well drained cauliflower florets. Add the sauce over the cauliflower and mix together. Add the remaining grated cheese over top.
6. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Broil for another 5 minutes.

https://www.facebook.com/ketozone/posts/1302140926497052:0

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I just made it for dinner.  Had to use ham instead of pepperoni as we were all out.  Tasted great.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Another complete failure at baking with almond / coconut flour. Tried to make Ham and Cheese Stromboli, and the dough clumped like nothing else. Couldn't get it anywhere near flat to be able to add the ham and cheese. Guess I'll be eating it individually. Can't seem to get these alternative flours to work right.
In all fairness to your cooking skills, the picture looks like they barely got it to work also.

Catching up on this thread so I'm not sure if anyone has already shared this or not but this is the answer.  

http://www.uplateanyway.com/keto/stromboli/

I've made three of her recipes all with basically the same dough (and I believe they're linked within the post I just linked to)-----Stromboli, breakfast sausage roll ups, and........cheese Danish.  Yep.  It tasted like Danish.  Insane how they come up with these things.

ETA  For ease:  http://www.uplateanyway.com/keto/cheese-danish-low-carb/

http://www.uplateanyway.com/keto/breakfast-sausage-pinwheels-low-carb-gluten-free/
I will have to try the stromboli recipe.  I need to shop for a few things.

I just made it for dinner.  Had to use ham instead of pepperoni as we were all out.  Tasted great.

I'm getting pretty good at making these faux stromboli.  This one has meatballs inside.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No flipping required.

View Quote

I liked that!  Two thumbs up.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Not a recipe, but I tried something new with steak. I put heaping

tablespoon of original rotel on a sliced up steak. It was really good.

It is 4 net carbs per 1/4 cup. So a heaping table spoon should be less

than 2 net carbs. Gives it a little heat and broke the rut of eating

plain streak .
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#10]
  This thread is great!!

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Bump
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#12]
My bulletproof green tea mixture that tastes like
Starbucks green tea latte, something I used to drink often back in the
day.
Steep 2 green tea bags in 10 oz of boiled water for 5 minutes.

Add the following:

1 tsp MCT oil

1 tbsp Kerrygold butter

5 packets Truvia

2 oz of heavy cream

4 drops vanilla extract
Beat with egg beater until frothy and enjoy.  Feel free to use an immersion blender for the beating part. My immersion blender is really old and the "beaker" that came with it is
to small to be useful for coffee or tea, the first time I tried to make
tea with it I splashed it all over the counter.  So looking around the
kitchen I decided to try my hand crank egg beater.  It works like a
champ, and I can even get the tea frothy by varying the depth the beater
blades are in the tea mixture.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Don’t be scared off by oxtail just because you may never have cooked it before. It’s as meaty and rich as short ribs, and just as straightforward to prepare.

I REALLY liked this recipe.  I modified it a bit.  The original left the veggies in the Dutch oven for the entire 3+ hour cook time.  I decided to set them aside after the reduction part of the recipe, prior to the braising.  I haven't tried it yet to compare, but I feel it's a better method.  Also, I substituted a high smoke-point fat (beef tallow) for the olive oil the recipe called for, so I could sear at a higher temperature.

Serves 2-4.  Each large oxtail yields about 4 ounces of meat.

• 1 tsp coarse kosher salt, more as needed

• 1 tsp black pepper

• 1/2 tsp ground allspice

• 2 lbs beef oxtails, patted dry.  (Try to get the proximal (butt) end of the tail.  The pieces are bigger and have more meat per piece.  I fit four in an 8-qt. pot.)

• 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (I used beef tallow.)

• 2 shallots, peeled, trimmed and sliced lengthwise 1/4-inch-thick

• 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch lengths

• 1 (or 2) large portobello mushroom, cut into large slices

• 1 Tbsp tomato paste

• 6 large garlic cloves, finely chopped

• 1/2 bottle (750 milliliters) dry red wine.  (I used a $10 bottle of 2013 Folie a Deux California red wine.  It was pretty tasty!)

• 1 cup chicken stock

• 5 parsley sprigs, plus 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves

• 2 rosemary branches

• 1 bay leaf

• Grated zest of 1 lemon

PREPARATION

1. In a large bowl, combine salt, pepper and allspice. Add oxtail to bowl and rub the mixture all over the meat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.

2. Heat an 8-quart Dutch oven, or a heavy soup pot with a lid, over medium-high heat. Add oil and warm through. Add oxtail pieces in a single layer. Sear, turning occasionally, until the meat is uniformly golden brown all over, including the sides. Transfer meat to a plate.

3. Add shallot to the pan drippings and cook over medium heat until lightly caramelized, about 10 minutes. Add carrots and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and two-thirds of the garlic (save the rest for garnish) and cook 1 minute.

4. Heat oven to 300 degrees (The original recipe called for 325, which I felt was too high.) Pour wine and stock into pot. Bundle parsley sprigs, rosemary branches and bay leaves with kitchen twine and drop into pot. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook over medium heat until liquid has reduced by half, about 15 minutes.  Remove the herbs and vegetables.  Discard the herbs and set the veggies aside in the refrigerator.

5. Return oxtail to pot and bring to a simmer. Cover pot and transfer to oven. Cook, turning oxtails every 30 minutes, until meat is fork tender, 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Put the veggies back in the pot for the last 30 minutes of cook time.

6. Transfer oxtails to a plate. Spoon off fat from surface of pan juices and discard (there will be a lot of it). Toss oxtails with remaining pan gravy. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. In a small bowl, toss together chopped parsley, garlic, lemon zest and a pinch of salt. Scatter mixture over oxtails before serving.

(Credit to the New York Times for the original recipe.)

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Catching up on this thread so I'm not sure if anyone has already shared this or not but this is the answer.  
http://www.uplateanyway.com/keto/stromboli/
I've made three of her recipes all with basically the same dough (and I believe they're linked within the post I just linked to)-----Stromboli, breakfast sausage roll ups, and........cheese Danish.  Yep.  It tasted like Danish.  Insane how they come up with these things.
I will have to try the stromboli recipe.  I need to shop for a few things.

I followed this recipe closely, using the low-fat mozzarella.  It was delicious.  The crust was flaky.  I added a couple of tablespoons of Rao's pizza sauce.

Will definitely make this again - and not just for me.

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag!  Trying to move to KETO.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Tag!  Trying to move to KETO.
View Quote

GOOD!

Link Posted: 1/7/2017 1:44:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Bump. Getting back into the swing of the keto diet.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 2:45:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Awesome thread gents.  I plan to get back to a keto diet soon after going over a year without a real kitchen.  

I have some Indian recipes to try, and will post them up if they turn out well.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Saw something last night on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives the fiancée and I haven't thought of before. Pesto marinated pork chops. Sear both sides then finish in the oven.

Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Awesome thread gents.  I plan to get back to a keto diet soon after going over a year without a real kitchen.  

I have some Indian recipes to try, and will post them up if they turn out well.
View Quote

Please do.  Our recipe list is limited and it would be nice to have additional ideas.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#21]
We're going to give Steak Diane a try tonight with ribeye

Steak Diane | Gordon Ramsay
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 12:04:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Have some crunchy "fried" chicken.

We used a whole bag, 5 oz, of pork skins put through a food processor as breading for our chicken.

Season the food processed pork skins with whatever salt/pepper/other seasonings before coating the chicken.

I made nuggets out of the chicken, and put them in the oven for 20 minutes at 365, there was a little bit of not crunchy area. Next time I'll bump it up to 375 for the same length of time, maybe go 400 for a slightly shorter time.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Kind of my go to recipe for meal prep.

5-6#  boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 large bottle Pace picante sauce (medium heat) Hot does not seem to taste as good.

Layer in crock pot (sauce, chicken, sauce, chicken).
cover with remainder and cook on low for 10hrs.

Remove from liquid after it's cooked and place in large sealable plastic container.
shred using tongs and a twisting motion.

I use this as a base for chicken salad and soft tacos for lunches and snacks.

Chicken salad.
Per meal:

This is snack size, double amounts for meal portions.
3 oz shredded chicken
.5oz (2 slices of cooked chopped bacon)
1.5oz Mayo ( I use Just Mayo brand)
1/4 cup chopped jalapenos
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
season with fresh course ground pepper and Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle

Soft Tacos
2 Mission low carb tortillas 4 net carb
5 oz shredded chicken
2 oz Kraft 4 cheese mexican shredded cheese
1 oz Daisy sour cream
1/4 cup jalapenos
season with Old El Paso taco seasoing or Mrs Dash Southwest Chipotle
View Quote

I tried this one today and will definitely be making it again.  

I didn't measure anything, just dumped some over salad.  I'll do it right when I'm finished moving in

Link Posted: 1/18/2017 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Bird's Eye has a freezer bag of riced cauliflower that is pretty good. We tried buying a head of cauliflower last year to cream that tasted awful.

We are the Bird's Eye riced cauliflower with our pot roast tonight and enjoyed it. They have it plain, a garlic sauce, a cheese, and an herb variety. Haven't tried the others yet.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bird's Eye has a freezer bag of riced cauliflower that is pretty good. We tried buying a head of cauliflower last year to cream that tasted awful.

We are the Bird's Eye riced cauliflower with our pot roast tonight and enjoyed it. They have it plain, a garlic sauce, a cheese, and an herb variety. Haven't tried the others yet.
View Quote
I just looked at that in the store an hour ago.  Seemed like the shitty taste (not a fan of cauliflower) wouldn't be worth adding the carbs and sugar. I was taken in by the "try in place of rice" suggestion on the package. Can't imagine it tasting good. 
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I just looked at that in the store an hour ago.  Seemed like the shitty taste (not a fan of cauliflower) wouldn't be worth adding the carbs and sugar. I was taken in by the "try in place of rice" suggestion on the package. Can't imagine it tasting good. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We usually have plenty of juice in the crockpot when we make a roast that we drown the cauliflower rice and meat in.  I could see how it wouldn't taste good, but the flavor of the cauliflower gets overpowered by the roast and the juice/drippings.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I made these wings last night and they were delicious!  Here's how I did it.

Bought a bag of wing parts and first thawed out the wings I was cooking.  pre-heated oven to 400.  Put wings on a greased pan with coconut oil.  Poured Cayenne pepper sauce over the top side and cooked for 20 minutes.  Took out of oven, flipped, coated second side with pepper sauce and cooked for an additional 20 minutes.  Then heated up a sauce pan of vegetable oil to 320 degrees.  Took out wings and carefully set them in the oil for 2-3 minutes each side.  Then took them out of oil and rubbed them on the juices left in the pan I cooked them in, in the oven.  The meat fell of the bones and the outside had a nice crunchiness to it.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I also made this keto friendly pizza.  Whole thing has around 15 grams of carbs.  Crust was 2 cups chopped cauliflower, one egg, 1 cup fresh sliced parmesan cheese.  cook for 13 minutes at 400 degrees on parchment paper.  I also threw in some "italian seasoning" but that's optional.  IMPORTANT.  on low heat in a pan, dry out the cauliflower before mixing. set on low and stir for maybe 10 minutes.

make your own pizza sauce with 1/4 cup tomato sauce.  1/2 teaspoon of each typical italian season, some salt, pepper and garlic powder.  topped with mozzarella cheese and 0 carb toppings.

baked for an additional 10 minutes.  This was really good.  Had my wife and kids try it and they all agreed it tasted like pizza.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I made these wings last night and they were delicious!  Here's how I did it.

Bought a bag of wing parts and first thawed out the wings I was cooking.  pre-heated oven to 400.  Put wings on a greased pan with coconut oil.  Poured Cayenne pepper sauce over the top side and cooked for 20 minutes.  Took out of oven, flipped, coated second side with pepper sauce and cooked for an additional 20 minutes.  Then heated up a sauce pan of vegetable oil to 320 degrees.  Took out wings and carefully set them in the oil for 2-3 minutes each side.  Then took them out of oil and rubbed them on the juices left in the pan I cooked them in, in the oven.  The meat fell of the bones and the outside had a nice crunchiness to it.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/304989/homemade-wings-136799.JPG
View Quote

When I do wings I just put them in a greased glass pan for an hour or more @400 based on crispiness. About half way I'll flip them into a new pan to get rid of all the juices they are soaking in and help them crisp.

Melt a stick of butter and put in a large bowl.

Add wings and coat with butter.

Dump a bottle of franks red hot in, hopefully submerging the wings.

Fish them out as you eat them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#31]
I wanted to try Fathead Crackers but I do not have a microwave.

Does anyone have alternative directions?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:03:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This stuff is actually pretty damned good.  I just blanche it in salted water then put it in a skillet with some OO and put the spurs to it.  Carmelize/Brown the bits a little bit and your good to go.

My BIG problem now is Damn Gout.  I've had 2 acute attacks in my life (last one some 15 odd years ago).  I'm supposed to take allopurinol everyday but stopped taking it years ago.  Well this type of diet put me into a bad place.  Felt the Ache/Twinge in my big toe twice in the 6 weeks I've been doing the "Whole30" diet (much like Paleo).  Last week I had to slam colchicine for 2 days (Thank God I had it from my Rheuatologist) to make it go away.  I'd say I got to 75% of a full on attack (Very uncomfortable/painful - but I could put a sock and shoe on and walk.  Full on attacks with the swelling and purple blotchy skin make walking or shoe wear impossible for me).  Problem is colchicine absolutely tears yours gut up something fierce.  I got the runs bad and being in the field working makes this a volatile situation.  Running to port-a-potties with a 50% chance of making it there is no way to spend a work day.  My trigger is seafood - especially clams and shrimp but I was unaware that pork is generally high in Purines.  I know processed meats/deli meats are and have been trying to be careful but this wholesale change in my diet is shooting my uric acid levels through the roof.  Chugging lots of water and cherry juice to keep it at bay.  BTW taking allopurinol DURING an attack makes it worse.  Allopurinol is for maintenance.  Colchacine makes it go away but as my regular Dr says is "Barbaric" medicine and he wont prescribe it.  If this Gout thing doesn't stop theres no way I can continue with this.  I'm back to taking allopurinol everyday now so I think I'm OK.  Next blood test will verify
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This stuff is actually pretty damned good.  I just blanche it in salted water then put it in a skillet with some OO and put the spurs to it.  Carmelize/Brown the bits a little bit and your good to go.

My BIG problem now is Damn Gout.  I've had 2 acute attacks in my life (last one some 15 odd years ago).  I'm supposed to take allopurinol everyday but stopped taking it years ago.  Well this type of diet put me into a bad place.  Felt the Ache/Twinge in my big toe twice in the 6 weeks I've been doing the "Whole30" diet (much like Paleo).  Last week I had to slam colchicine for 2 days (Thank God I had it from my Rheuatologist) to make it go away.  I'd say I got to 75% of a full on attack (Very uncomfortable/painful - but I could put a sock and shoe on and walk.  Full on attacks with the swelling and purple blotchy skin make walking or shoe wear impossible for me).  Problem is colchicine absolutely tears yours gut up something fierce.  I got the runs bad and being in the field working makes this a volatile situation.  Running to port-a-potties with a 50% chance of making it there is no way to spend a work day.  My trigger is seafood - especially clams and shrimp but I was unaware that pork is generally high in Purines.  I know processed meats/deli meats are and have been trying to be careful but this wholesale change in my diet is shooting my uric acid levels through the roof.  Chugging lots of water and cherry juice to keep it at bay.  BTW taking allopurinol DURING an attack makes it worse.  Allopurinol is for maintenance.  Colchacine makes it go away but as my regular Dr says is "Barbaric" medicine and he wont prescribe it.  If this Gout thing doesn't stop theres no way I can continue with this.  I'm back to taking allopurinol everyday now so I think I'm OK.  Next blood test will verify
View Quote
Gout guy here. I also noticed increased inflammation when I went low carb. The intranet tells me this is due to sudden weight loss and the changes that occur in your body from it. I have since leveled off weight wise and the toe is fine. I still do drink a shit load of water and eat lots of anti-inflammatory type foods. Also, just a tip from a fellow sufferer, Vitamin D is your best and cheapest anti-inflammatory friend. Consult with your doctor and take the high end of his recommendation.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Bump
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Did some keto nachos tonight.

Green bell peppers cut so you have the sides and place in a glass baking dish. Top with:

Browned ground chuck (we added a taco seasoning packet after we strained the grease out)
Shredded Mexican cheese (as much or as little as you want)

Heat in oven at 350 until cheese is melted.

Top with your choice of sour cream/queso blanco/guacamole.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Green bell peppers cut so you have the sides and place in a glass baking dish. Top with:

Browned ground chuck (we added a taco seasoning packet after we strained the grease out)

View Quote
Need to do this with giant jalapeños
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:33:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Watch out with those taco seasoning packets. Most have corn flour and starch.

Its best to make your own or use Fiesta brand seasonings. Most of them are virtually carb-free.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#39]
The wife is doing an AIP diet for some autoimmune stuff.

Gonna try to scavenge a few things from here. 

AIP is essentially a super restrictive paleo - no dairy,  beans, nightshade, nuts, grains, seeds, soy, veg oils, and probably a few other things too. 
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Made some pizza with Lavash bread today.
This bread has 8 carbs for half a piece, 4 net carbs. I used half a piece to make these pizzas.

I used Barilla Sun Dried Tomato Pesto for the sauce. Red onions, pepperoni, sweet peppers, baby portabellos and kalamata olives. Shredded Mozzarella of course.
Baked at 500 degrees until the cheese was melted. The bread was nice and crispy.
The pesto said 6 carbs per 1/4 cup. I used nowhere near that much. I would guess both pieces of pizza would be around 10-12 carbs.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/29/2017 9:04:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Have we done keto hot cocoa yet? It's getting to that time of year here.

I do roughly equal parts unsweetened cocoa and cream powder. Sometimes I'll put in coconut oil too. You could throw in some stevia or xylitol or whatever. I just like it better unsweetened.

This is the cream powder I use:
Amazon Product
  • 1 full pound of wonderful Hoosier Hill Farm Heavy Cream Powder. Dried sweet cream with 72 percent butterfat. Gives a rich flavor and creamy mouth feel to mixtures without adding water
  • Gives a rich flavor and creamy mouth feel to mixtures without adding moisture. Shelf stable dairy that can be added to products dry or be reconstituted with water or other liquids.
  • Hoosier Hill Farm dried sweet cream with 72 percent butterfat. Contains sweet cream solids. No hormones.

Their butter powder is lower carb, but I'm not a real keto adherent. I just like limiting carbs at times.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Following.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#43]
So, I'm still railing away against carb limits, and coming up with useful cheats.

So, breaded, fried chicken breasts...  yummy...  the "breaded" is an issue...

Take a half breast (that's one side, one breast in guy speak) skinless boneless...

Slice it in half, thickness-wise to make two pieces.  On each piece, prep:

salt, pref with Morton's Lite Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder

OK, prep an egg wash, 1 egg is plenty per half breast, you may need 2 eggs per whole breast.  Not my problem.

Take the chicken breast, slice in half thickness-wise.  Hit with salt, pepper, garlic.  Let rest.

Prep breading:

2 T (per serving, 1/2 breast) Italian seasoned bread crumbs\

1 T  Parmesean cheese

1 T almond flour

Coat chicken with egg, then dip in breading.  Pan fry in oil until instant-read thermometer indicates 160 F.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#44]
I’ve been making breakfast sausages lately.

A couple of pounds of ground pork in a bowl. Toss in a few tbs of curry powder, some cayenne pepper and salt mix up. Breakfast = a handful of that fried in a patty with an egg on top. Takes 5-10 minutes to make.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Just wanted to say hello.  I read this thread back in November of 17, decided I wanted to give this a shot.  I've been going strong , learning as I go ( thankfully my wife is on board with me).  Lost 44 pounds in 4 months, and I wasn't really what I perceived as 'big' but I'm down to 183# and I've never felt better in my life.  I feel like im 25 years old again and my body doesn't ache anymore.  It's amazing.  I just wanted to say thank you to all who added their tidbits to this thread which inspired me to make the change.  Happy Easter everyone!
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#46]
I tried the bagel recipe from the ruled.me website.  Overall, I like it.  Obviously not a traditional bagel.  I put kosher salt and cheddar cheese on my bagels.  
The other thing I found is that most of the recipes on the ruled.me website seem to be a bit off in terms of flour.  Most things turn out a bit wet.  So either they add too much liquid or not add enough flour.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Is there a good green smoothie recipe that is low in carbs? They seem to need fruit to taste good.

Eating fresh dark green leafy stuff has been great for overall inflammation from arthritis but I am prone to diverticulitis flare ups and I thought it would be easier to drink them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:06:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is there a good green smoothie recipe that is low in carbs? They seem to need fruit to taste good.

Eating fresh dark green leafy stuff has been great for overall inflammation from arthritis but I am prone to diverticulitis flare ups and I thought it would be easier to drink them.
View Quote
I cant say its good as I've never tried it.
https://www.ruled.me/cucumber-spinach-smoothie/
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#49]
So I made this:

Keto waffles

The waffles were awesome!  This recipe hits it out of the park.  The raspberry sauce was very good.  The brie was overwhelming.

Nine carbs, about 5 from the waffles and 2-ish each from the sauce and brie.  Skip the brie, it's out of place in this.  Make a raspberry extract based sauce, and you're down to 5 carbs or so for awesome!
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
I eat A LOT of the green giant riced cauliflower. Shit has become a staple for me.

Fried rice, curry, etc. If you fry it to dry it out a bit, it really does the substitute job.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top