Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
what did you cook today? (Page 5 of 83)
Page / 83
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I used a Friendship bread starter to make a reduced sugar peanut butter banana protein bread...An experiment that turned out well. I also made some vanilla ice cream to have later with fresh mixed berries.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:47:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: writerdeluxe2006] [#2]
Last smoke of the year and I'm making up a smoked chicken to bring to a party this evening. Here's the first 2 pics, first pic is with the rub added. Second pic is after an hour and a half on the smoker. Smoker is a Traeger Pellet Grill Smoker.

With the rub and prior to putting into the smoker

1.5 hours into the smoke with smoker at 250
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Minestrone soup and sourdough bread 
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:07:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Seared salmon, sautéed spinach, jasmine rice with caramelized onions. simple meal really, just decided to plate it like some of the stuff I do at work.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Mandarin orange clafoutis.  Forgot to photograph it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Bacon in a cast iron pan, then eggs in the same pan for breakfast.  Added back some bacon grease into the pan and cooked some chicken breasts and pork chops for the week.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#8]
2kg of bread.

Perhaps one the thing I like to "cook" the most.

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:55:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Your bread looks awesome!!

I made home made chicken stewp; thicker than soup; thinner than stew.  Sautéed carrots, onion, celery, simmered chicken thighs and breasts, bisquik dumplings as a thickener. Pretty basic but filling.  Takes about 1:15 to make.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 3:44:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mah_lee] [#10]
Posted in another thread, but I made some steak au poivre appetizer. They turned into ravioli when it was too unruly.

Not pretty, but the taste was on point.

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:03:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks!

But it took me time to get there. Lots of attempts, lots of failures and semi failures. But now I got it.

So that's fresh bread every day, and in the end it is much cheaper to do it yourself than to buy it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:59:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Slow cooker smothered pork chops with bacon brown gravy, dressing and twice baked potato casserole.

Amazingly tender chops!

http://www.centercutcook.com/slow-cooker-smothered-pork-chops/

Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm doing a dual rum cake with yellow cake on the top and chocolate cake on the bottom (of the same bundt pan).  Just finished pouring the butter/sugar/rum sauce over them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Ribeye for dinner tonight.  BGE.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 7:06:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Chicken noodle Soup. Lots and lots of it for my sick people.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#16]
yam nuea
Thai grilled beef salad from leftover steak from last night.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Made tamales yesterday.  Pork, beef, or chicken, you ask?  We used all three.  I put the three meats in the pressure cooker with some enchilada sauce.  After that, I pulled it and reheated with a little more enchilada sauce and salt to get the rest of the moisture out.  I cut some lard into the maseca and used some juices I saved from the cooker liquid to make masa.  We did about 70 of them, steaming for 1.5 hours before cooling.  

Saturday I smoked some back rashers and made ham, bean, and rice soup.

I also keep tollhouse cookie dough in the frige.  It is nice to have fresh cookies during the football game.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Made a quick stir fry on my lunch break Friday, made enough to last me a few days.  I had udon noodles with mine even though it's a keto recipe.

http://www.food.com/recipe/crack-slaw-low-carb-434863
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Smokey Hot Beer Shrimp, baked potato with sour cream and garlic french bread.

http://thebeeroness.com/2013/07/05/smokey-hot-beer-shrimp/
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I made this  Egg roll bowl recipe The other day and me, wife and kids absolutely destroyed the entire pan of it.  It's like the guts of an egg roll.  Add sriracha for extra heat on daddy's portion
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Pork tenderloin sliders.  This one turned out really good.  I hate tomato's, so I went with spinach and red onion vs the white onion and tomato's.

Sliders
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I made some carne asada a few days ago, it turned out pretty good.  Also made some salsa.

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Sous vide pork chops and they kinda sucked.  The sous vide went perfect, but the finishing left a lot to be desired.

I used a skillet with a little oil in it but the side burner on my grill just didn't have enough juice to keep the temps up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:53:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I made a Dutch Baby for the first time. It was surprisingly different from a pancake, and was really good. Served it with eggs over easy and bacon. I never remember to take pictures.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Tonight was the first time I've tried to cook steak (tonight was ribeye) in a cast iron skillet in the oven and on the stove top.

I suppose I used the traditional sear method? Threw the CI in the oven at 500 for it to warm up, then put it on the eye at high. After a few minutes I threw the ribeye on and seared it for 30sec each side then put it back in the oven to start flipping.

Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By watercat:
I made a Dutch Baby for the first time. It was surprisingly different from a pancake, and was really good. Served it with eggs over easy and bacon. I never remember to take pictures.
View Quote
They smell like waffle cones when they're baking.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By raven:
They smell like waffle cones when they're baking.
View Quote
It did, a little, now that you mention it.

Last night I made a sous-vide maple-rosemary pork tenderloin, served with sauteed apples and onions and sourdough toast. I was skeptical since I tend to not like sweet entrees, but it was subtle and really good.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#29]
My wife picked up some prime rib burger patties that she found on sale.  My 8 year old daughter seasoned and cooked them last night, and no fatherly exaggeration, it was one of the best burgers I've ever had.  PERFECT medium rare, no gray band...simply amazing.  A better burger than I've ever cooked myself, by a wide margin.

The cravings are already kicking in again...I love burgers.  We have 4 more patties in the fridge, I may have to get my daughter back in the kitchen tonight, she has a gift.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 4:23:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2apatriot] [#30]
Originally Posted By Useafortyfive:
I made this  Egg roll bowl recipe The other day and me, wife and kids absolutely destroyed the entire pan of it.  It's like the guts of an egg roll.  Add sriracha for extra heat on daddy's portion
View Quote

That looks like it would be great over rice, or cooked into fried rice. What kind of sausage did you use?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 2apatriot:

That looks like it would be great over rice, or cooked into fried rice. What kind of sausage did you use?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2apatriot:
Originally Posted By Useafortyfive:

I used some Italian sausage that doesn't have very strong Italian seasoning in it.  The soy sauce, garlic and ginger flavors took over and did their thing.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:06:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Braised Short Ribs, with a ridiculously delicious braising sauce, and mushrooms over mashed potatoes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Pecan pie
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Gulf shrimp on the grill with horseradish mayo dipping sauce. Mini sweet peppers and baked potato.

Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:27:52 AM EDT
[#35]
smoked pork steaks, chicken quarters, and sausage, with Franklin BBQ's home made sauce.  Friends and relatives brought rice dressing, potato salad, garlic bread, baked beans, cauliflower and broccoli, and cake.  We ate good
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#36]
I forgot about this thread! 

In the past few months, I've made some new things, that I've never made before.

Biscochitos - I was really pleasantly surprised to like them, since I can't stand licorice candy. 

Lobster a few times, grilled and baked. I think I've finally got the timing correct on it, but it has been delicious each time anyways.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:54:09 AM EDT
[#37]
I smoked some boneless/skinless chicken thighs seasoned with chili powder, cumin, lemon pepper, and garlic powder.  A quickie smoke to make meat for burritos.  We added in twice fried taters, some Spanish rice, cheese, and salsa.

Simple, fast and tasty.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By bc5000:
Gulf shrimp on the grill with horseradish mayo dipping sauce. Mini sweet peppers and baked potato.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/bc5000/DSCF0208_zpsbmv148om.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/bc5000/DSCF0214_zpszu7sxpqg.jpg
View Quote

Try skewering your skrimps full length through the centerline to keep them from curling.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 6:04:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Kraft mac and cheese, the kind with powder, and a bagged salad.

I have sick kids. AGAIN. My hatred for people that send their sick spawn out in the world to infect others grows by the day.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:18:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: watercat] [#40]
Originally Posted By 4xDawn:
Kraft mac and cheese, the kind with powder, and a bagged salad.

I have sick kids. AGAIN. My hatred for people that send their sick spawn out in the world to infect others grows by the day.
View Quote
What's worse is sick adults who insist on going to work, even though they have 2 weeks of use-it-or-lose-it sick time each year. Because then you get sick, or germs get on you, and then your kid gets sick. 

I made sourdough brownies today. I have yet to try them, and will do my best to remember to report back on their taste.

Edit: the brownies didn't come out like brownies at all. They were dry and crumbly, and not very sweet, more like a cake. I won't be making them again, and the batch I made is going to get a coating of frosting to make them edible.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:13:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AJumbo] [#41]
For no real good reason, I made some cranberry sauce.

12 oz frozen or fresh cranberries (frozen today, taken out of the freezer a couple hours before showtime)

12 oz frozen blueberries, or a berry mix. These can go in the pot frozen.

1 cup granulated sugar

1 cup red wine, any variety at all

pumpkin pie spice, to taste. Start light, it can get out of hand in a hurry.

Bring to a rolling boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer for 30-40 minutes. Stir now and then. Let stand a while before refrigerating. Serve, be a hero!
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#42]
I made hummus and a double batch of baked naan today, to go with the waffle-falafel I plan on making tomorrow. 
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Coffee 0600

First breakfast 0700.    Raisin Bran cereal with fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries.
Tend animals.  Paint work bench in garage.

Second breakfast 1030.  Poached eggs on toast with a side of refried beans and tangerine juice.
Dismantle 24' diameter above ground pool.  (I drained the week before with a splitting maul)

Late lunch 1500.   Chicken tenders with KFC type coating made from scratch.

2000 dinner.   Country style pork, brats cooked in a Dutch oven with home made sauerkraut, apples, onions, a table spoon or two of
Brown sugar, garlic, caraway seed, and black pepper.  Best one pot meal I've had in ages.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 6:17:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Grilled flat iron steak, garlic mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and a mushroom gravy sauce that I've made a million times, and didn't love as much as usual today. I used Merlot instead of a Cab..

I think I need another intervention with Chef Douglass. to discuss sauce wines.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By bc5000:
View Quote
Yummy!
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Chef Boyardee spaghetti and meatballs straight out of the can.

I didn't have the energy to microwave it.  I was exhausted from changing a light bulb in a lamp in the living room.

The new bulb has a rmote control so I don't have to reach over to the table to turn it on and off.

Pic of remote control:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:50:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Home made marinara and meatballs. Quicky dinner because I wanted to watch a game on TV...
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Red beans and rice with fried chicken breast pieces.  Sister-in-law brought cornbread.  Paired well with Abita's new beer, The Boot.  Only available in Louisiana.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:04:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Last night made some dal (Indian curry lentil stew)
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By raven:
Last night made some dal (Indian curry lentil stew)
View Quote
That sounds delicious. Are you willing to share the recipe?
Page / 83
what did you cook today? (Page 5 of 83)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top