User Panel

Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:18:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brotherbadger] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:
Filipino Chicken Adobo

Just had this a few weeks ago.  Highly recommend the Cherry peppers and Scallions on top.  Super easy and cheap.
View Quote

I did this in the instant pot tonight. Turned out great, although next time I'll cut the vinegar in half(I'm sure it's fine in the crock pot, just too much in the IP), especially with the cherry peppers.

Very good and I agree on the scallions and cherry peppers. I think the peppers really made the dish.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Brotherbadger:

I did this in the instant pot tonight. Turned out great, although next time I'll cut the vinegar in half(I'm sure it's fine in the crock pot, just too much in the IP), especially with the cherry peppers.

Very good and I agree on the scallions and cherry peppers. I think the peppers really made the dish.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brotherbadger:
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:
Filipino Chicken Adobo

Just had this a few weeks ago.  Highly recommend the Cherry peppers and Scallions on top.  Super easy and cheap.

Awesome. Glad somebody besides us liked it. We added it to our favorites rotation.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 1:04:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Let's keep this out of the archives.

Bump for more slow cooker recipe goodness.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]
somebody posted a link to a recipe site... cant find it for shit.. .anybody have it?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By wpsharpshooter:
somebody posted a link to a recipe site... cant find it for shit.. .anybody have it?
View Quote

This one? Looks defunct now.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/RECIPES-Crock-Pot-Slow-Cooker/163-1206483/?page=1#i29503722
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

This is a link to the thread we are IN now LOL .. Im talking about a website someone posted.. it had a TON of great recipes.. I shouldve have bookmarked it but forgot ..
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:34:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: unsub073] [#7]
These Tacos de Birria are amazing.

Tacos
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#8]

This is a link to the thread we are IN now LOL .. Im talking about a website someone posted.. it had a TON of great recipes.. I shouldve have bookmarked it but forgot ..
View All Quotes

I have a Pinterest account just for recipes.  Lets you organize in folders.  I have sorted by Protein type, sides, drinks, salads, apps, lo carb, slow cooker, instant pot all kinds of stuff.  Super easy to search and find good recipes there.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:36:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bc5000] [#9]
View All Quotes

This was from page 1 which is what Bollacks44 linked to. The site doesn't exist anymore.

Here is a site with a ton of crockpot recipes that I've used in the past.  I've made a handful of them and they were pretty good.

http://nikibone.com/recipe/crockpot.html

Then there's this one.

Slow Cooker Recipes
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 9:48:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bc5000:

This was from page 1 which is what Bollacks44 linked to. The site doesn't exist anymore.

Then there's this one.

Slow Cooker Recipes
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By bc5000:

Then there's this one.

Slow Cooker Recipes
View Quote

Thats it.. THANK YOU lol..
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's another if you have a Pinterest account  https://www.pinterest.com/bkay14/crockpot-recipes-for-two/
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 12:41:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#13]
I made corned beef and cabbage in the crock last weekend.  A nice chunk of brined beef, large chunks of taters, carrots, diced celery, diced onion, one tea ball with pickling spice, fresh cracked black pepper, and about 1 cup of beef stock.

I had it on low about 4-6 hours.  I had to do 2 on high to get the meat consistency I wanted.

This turned out heavenly.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 11:51:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Zedhead:
A cheap meal we make once every 2 weeks or so:

Italian Cream Cheese Chicken

Chicken breasts
Package of Italian Dressing
Block of cream cheese
Cream of chicken soup
Onion (if you have one, don't need it)

Cook on low 4-6 hours. The last hour or so pull the chicken out and use a blender stick (or whatever tool) to mix up the sauce well so it is smooth. Put the chicken back in and cook for a little more.

Serve over rice. I like lots of ground pepper on mine. I think it tastes even better the next day after it has been in the fridge.
View Quote

Made this last week in the instant pot again added bay leaf. Only takes 30 minutes, I chunk the chicken up. Not a bad meal once and a while.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone have anything new?
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:23:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#16]
I've shared this one before, not sure if I did in this thread. we do it in IP but can be done in slow cooker also (somewhere in the 4-6 hour cook time I'd say).  We just call it green sauce chicken, meant to be a quick weeknight option.  Like others, you can fancy it up if you like but we keep it simple.

Ingredients:
Boneless skinless chicken thighs (1-2lb)
1 16oz jar salsa verde (we use Herdez mild b/c wife doesnt like too hot)
Optional:
Veggies (we use mushrooms but whatever you like)
Sour cream
avacado
green onion

Instructions
Preseason chicken if you like, we use Tony's sometimes.
Add jar of salsa to IP then add chicken on top.  Add veggies if you're using them.
Cook high pressure for about 20 minutes.  
Instant or natural release depending on how you like your chicken.

Serve over rice with whatever toppings you like.

Link Posted: 9/15/2023 1:30:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Crock pot season is just around the corner.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Elvis121:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Elvis121:
View Quote
I broke mine out the other day to do a chuck roast, it turned out great.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Since Air Fryers are now almost as common as crockpots how about adding some air fryers recipes?

Bone in pork chops at 400 degrees for about 16 minutes turned out well. Check often with a temp thermometer after 10 minutes or so.  Season as you normally would.
I did a sirloin steak one rainy night and it was......ok.....not like it was grilled properly.
I also did a rack of ribs. Season using your normal method and cooked in the fryer was surprising. If you have ever eaten at a Tony Romas back in the day, it was pretty close. Again, not like on the smoker all day but a passable meal.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Spray crockpot with nonstick spray
3-4 chicken breasts
1 package taco seasoning
1/4 cup diced onion
1 diced bell pepper
1 cup of salsa (I usually use Pace Picante or the Pace green salsa verde)
1/2 cup cup chicken stock

Cook on high 3-4 hours

Remove chicken breast then shred and return to liquid and stir, if you like cilantro add 1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro and let turn to low/warm for 30 mins. If not then ready to eat after chicken is shredded.

Serve on rice and black beans, or serve on tortillas or in taco shells. Dress it up how you like after with garnishes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top