Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Zedhead:
Made these tonight. Would be good for a football party.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s35/glockguy/365ac608.jpg

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

5 Chicken Breasts
1 Bottle Hot Wings Sauce
Rolls
Blue Cheese

Add chicken and sauce to pot and cook on low for 6 hours. Shred chicken and let cook a bit more. Assemble sandwich.

That looks awesome!.

I'm trying it
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By drachek1:

5 Chicken Breasts
1 Bottle Hot Wings Sauce
Rolls
Blue Cheese

Add chicken and sauce to pot and cook on low for 6 hours. Shred chicken and let cook a bit more. Assemble sandwich.

That looks awesome!.

I'm trying it

Yummy
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:24:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluesticky] [#3]
Great thread.  Here's mine...

- 5 lb. Brisket (covers the entire bottom of my crockpot)
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 jalapenos
- however many garlic cloves you want (I usually do about 5)
- 1 bottle of Sweet Baby Rays original (or your favorite BBQ sauce)
- S&P

Cut brisket across the grain at about 1 inch intervals and put strips of meat in crockpot.
Salt and pepper the meat to your liking.
Make garlic paste with the garlic cloves.
Chop up and caramelize (I use a bit of olive oil) the onions with the jalapenos and garlic.
Pour this onto the meat in the crockpot.
Pour the bottle of BBQ sauce on top of all of it.
High for 8 hours.

Shred and enjoy your BBQ sandwiches on your choice of bread.

Some of the recipes in this thread look amazing.  I plan to try at least one of them this weekend.

Thanks,

bluesticky
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#4]
A cheap meal we make once every 2 weeks or so:

Italian Cream Cheese Chicken

Chicken breasts
Package of Italian Dressing
Block of cream cheese
Cream of chicken soup
Onion (if you have one, don't need it)

Cook on low 4-6 hours. The last hour or so pull the chicken out and use a blender stick (or whatever tool) to mix up the sauce well so it is smooth. Put the chicken back in and cook for a little more..

Wow!  I made this tonight.  Great stuff.  I pretty much doubled the recipe.  I think my crockpot is a little on the large side.

6 Chicken Breasts
2 packages of Italian Dressing
2 packages of cream cheese
2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 can of water
1/2 large yellow onion
4 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped
1 carton of fresh mushrooms washed and sliced
~ 1 tbsp Kosher Salt and Freshly ground black pepper

Everybody, except mushrooms, into the pool and on high for 6 hours.  I put the mushrooms in the last 1.5 hours of cook time.  Awesome.  Thanks ZedHead for this!  Things I'll do different next time: caramelize the onions and roast the garlic.  Not because I think it will be better, just different.

bluesticky
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Chicken breasts
Block of cream cheese
Cream of chicken soup

Cook on low 4-6 hours. The last hour or so pull the chicken out and use a blender stick (or whatever tool) to mix up the sauce well so it is smooth. Put the chicken back in and cook for a little more.

Serve over rice. I like lots of ground pepper on mine. I think it tastes even better the next day after it has been in the fridge.

Made a double batch of this over the weekend. Added some frozen choppedd spinach just before serving over egg noodles. Everyone loved it. Thanks for the recipie.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Chicken breasts
Block of cream cheese
Cream of chicken soup

Cook on low 4-6 hours. The last hour or so pull the chicken out and use a blender stick (or whatever tool) to mix up the sauce well so it is smooth. Put the chicken back in and cook for a little more.

Serve over rice. I like lots of ground pepper on mine. I think it tastes even better the next day after it has been in the fridge.

For Zed or anybody else who's made this recipe...

Probably a stupid question, but is the cream of chicken soup prepared (water added), or full strength (condensed) from the can?  I know some recipes call for it without thinning...

(trying this tonight..)

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Do dutch ovens count?

Preheat oven to 350-
-Short ribs (I used elk below)
-2 o3 three onions
-couple carrots
-couple sticks celery
-6 cloves garlic
-bottle of red wine
-1.5 cups port wine
-4-6 cups beef stock
-half can tomato paste
-herbs (I use rosemary, thyme, parsley and bay leaves)

Broil some short ribs...2 minutes bone side up followed by 8 meat side up. While you're doing this, have some onions, carrots, and celery going in your crock pot or dutch oven.

Add the red wine, port, and tomato paste. Let it come to a boil and add the meat. Add as much beef stock as it takes to cover the meat. Throw in your garlic and herbs. Put in the oven for 3 hours.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By midmo:

Chicken breasts
Block of cream cheese
Cream of chicken soup

Probably a stupid question, but is the cream of chicken soup prepared (water added), or full strength (condensed) from the can?  I know some recipes call for it without thinning...

(trying this tonight..)

I used the condensed soup.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#9]
www.skinnytaste.com is a great website for crockpot recipes. A lot of her stuff is geared towards people doing weight watchers so its a little healthier and still taste great.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Bubbles:

Chicken breasts
Block of cream cheese
Cream of chicken soup

(trying this tonight..)

Yes, but did you add water, or use it full-strength from the can?   I ended up just kind of splitting the difference - just added enough water to the whole mix to get it to a consistency that looks reasonable to spoon over noodles or rice.  About a half hour to go, and I gotta say it smells pretty darn good!

Only real variation I made to Zed's original recipe was to brown the chicken breasts in a cast iron skillet first.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By USMARINE1108:

Originally Posted By Grove:

Italian Beef Sandwich

3-5lb Beef Roast

1 Pkg Dry Au Jus Mix

1 Pkg Italian Dressing Mix

1 Can Beef Broth

1 Tsp Minced Garlic

1/2 Can Water

Package of Egg Rolls

Swiss Cheese Slices

Place all ingredients in crock pot, mix together, put roast in and spoon liquid over the roast. Cook on low for appox 8 hours and serve with a side of Au Jus from the crock. Makes great sandwiches on Egg Rolls w/ Swiss Cheese.

Grove

I've got this in the pot right now.  It's looking good already.  

For really good, omit the beef broth and add two jars of perpochini peppers (juice and all).

Link Posted: 3/20/2012 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bigrob88:
dumb question time....

on the lima beans, when you say lowest setting are you talking about low or warm?
for 12 hours I am assuming just on warm.

need to work on my crock pot skills
so far all we do is roasts or beef stew in it

Sorry I've been.... Well you know....  Eating like a pig.

My pot has "Keep Warm", "Low", and "High" settings.

For the butterbeans, If I want them done in 12 or so hours, I set the pot to Low.   If I want them to be fucking awesome, I set it to "Keep Warm" and check them after the first 24 hours.  Then I keep them on "Keep Warm" for as long as they need.  

For me, cooking them on "Keep Warm" for the whole time has produced the best results.  Nice, tender beans with a deep flavor and a nice texture.  Not to mention .  You can take most of the gas out of them by adding a Tbsp or so of baking soda in there while they cook.

But where's the fun in that?  LOL  

Link Posted: 3/22/2012 1:48:09 AM EDT
[#14]

5 Chicken Breasts
1 Bottle Hot Wings Sauce
Rolls
Blue Cheese

Heritage Dr. Pepper? I didn't know such a thing existed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 11:02:31 PM EDT
[#15]
BTT.
Just because I finally got a good sized crock pot and I've got a lot of catching up to do
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, finally got around to using my crock pot over the weekend. Simple recipie that turned out great and is super filling.

What you need:
15 been soup packet
1 thick cut ham steak
Tony Chachere Seasoning
Minced Garlic
Pepper
Tobasco
Cayenne Powder

Mix seasoning to taste, the cajun seasoning is quite salty, so there is always the salt free variety if you prefir.
Let the beans soak over night the day before, I left mine in the soak for a little over 24 hours, appeared plenty
plumped up after that.
I cut the ham steak into small pieces, just under a square inch, but it doesn't really matter.

Put everything into the pot and give it a few stirs to make sure it is all mixed together.
I just threw it on low and went to work, by the time I got home it smelled great , Figure a cook time 10 hours and some change.
YMMV, I'm sure just about anything over 8 hours would work plenty.
All this dish really needs is corn bread, or to be spread over some rice, very tasty.
And, just because some people are picky, you can substitute diced sausage for the ham steak.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:

Originally Posted By robertl:
Pork-n-Kraut

4 pork steaks
2 jars of kraut
Salt and pepper

Heavily salt and pepper the pork steaks and give them a hard sear in a cast iron skillet with a little oil.
Layer the pork steaks and kraut in the crockpot, starting and finishing with kraut.
Cook on low all day.

Enjoy!  This is so simple, but it's our favorite crockpot dish!

For anyone that doesn't like sour kraut, may I suggest you dice up 1 or 2 "sweet" apples and put them into your mix.  The sweetness of the apple helps counter the sour of the kraut.

A bit of brown sugar and some caraway seeds too ....
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tothemax:

Chicken breasts
Block of cream cheese
Cream of chicken soup

We just had this tonight. It was very good. The only addition we did was add some egg noodles about 20 mins before we served. A+

Cooked or uncooked?
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#19]
One thing I have never done is cook a ham in a crock. I've done ham chunks (green beans and ham), but nothing else. Any suggestions for some porky goodness ?
Link Posted: 9/13/2012 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By drachek1:

5 Chicken Breasts

1 Bottle Hot Wings Sauce

Rolls

Blue Cheese

That looks awesome!.

I'm trying it

Me too

Link Posted: 9/15/2012 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#21]
We did them but they came out way too salty.  Looking at a different brand of hot sauce or maybe cutting it with chicken broth...

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By Slavac:

Originally Posted By Slavac:
Just put Metal Saber's recipe on the crockpot.

1 can beer
3 chicken breasts
1 can chicken broth
BBQ sauce
Bit of a1 for tang
Bit of garlic.

No idea if this is going to turn out or not.

I was going to say the beer adds plenty of tang (especially 2 bottles).  Be interested to see how the chicken broth & A1 works with it.  

Honestly it was...meh.  There wasn't enough flavor imparted into the chicken.  I'm betting that the inclusion of the broth watered everything down too much.

Still a good idea, just don't follow my above recipe.

Was afraid of that.

I wonder if you used the gelatinized chicken stock blobs?  All of the flavor and no extra liquid?
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Taggggggggggg
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By Bubbles:

Chicken breasts

Block of cream cheese

Cream of chicken soup

Probably a stupid question, but is the cream of chicken soup prepared (water added), or full strength (condensed) from the can? I know some recipes call for it without thinning...

(trying this tonight..)

Yes, but did you add water, or use it full-strength from the can? I ended up just kind of splitting the difference - just added enough water to the whole mix to get it to a consistency that looks reasonable to spoon over noodles or rice. About a half hour to go, and I gotta say it smells pretty darn good!

Only real variation I made to Zed's original recipe was to brown the chicken breasts in a cast iron skillet first.

Just made this for the brood (5 kids, wife and me).  3 1/2 lbs of chix, 2 blocks cream cheese, 2 cans soup & water, 1 packet ranch seasoning and a tablespoon of crushed red pepper flakes.  We had it over spaghetti and the kids want it added to the rotation, thanks Zed

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 9:20:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Castro5150] [#25]
Uncooked. Cooked would end up a little more than too well done.
Edit: for zedhead's absolutely awesome cream cheese chicken dish. Thanks again for that Zedhead.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 10:55:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GLHX2112] [#26]
Pulled this off the net last night and made it today for giggles. Holy Mackerel is it good. Tired of the old school ham hocks and bean recipes. This one is a keeper.

CROCK-POT BEAN SOUP
1 lb. white beans (Great Northern)
1 smoked ham hock or 1 lb. smoked ham, diced
1 c. celery, sliced
1 c. onion, chopped
1 c. carrots, chopped
2 bay leaves
1 (16 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed tomato soup
Salt and pepper to taste

Soak beans overnight in 4 cups water. Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Add water to cover and mix well. Cover and cook on high setting 3 hours, turn to low setting and cook for 8 to 14 hours. Can be cooked entire time on high setting for 4 to 6 hours. Remove bay leaves when done.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#27]
This is my go to crock pot recipe, it makes plenty for me and it freezes well.

2-3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen, thawed doesn't matter)
2 packets of taco seasoning
1 15 oz can seasoned black beans
1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
2 10 oz cans Ro-Tel
1 12 oz bag frozen corn

Kick it up with jalapenos, cayenne, habaneros etc.  

10 hours on low, pull the chicken and shred.  Put the chicken back in and cook on high for 30 minutes.  Serve over rice.

I prefer mine like soup, if you don't, drain the Ro-Tel and beans before adding.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#29]
I just redid my chili recipe for the crock pot.

2 large cans of whatever tomatoes you like.

1 little can of tomato paste.

one green onion

one yellow onion

some cayenne pepper powder to taste

cumin to taste.

boil a few cups of beans, let them soak, then add them (my first time cooking raw pinto beans. I think it turned out good).

The next is what I do. Substitute for bell peppers and anaheims if you are wimpy.

15 habanero peppers, diced

15 serrano peppers,diced

15 jalapeno peppers, diced

Fill to top of crock pot with pablano peppers, diced.

Optional: roast some anaheims, skin them, and dump them in.

I let this simmer on low all night and it turned out great.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By gengomerpyle:

http://nikibone.com/recipe/crockpot.html

ur linky is broke..

http://www.nikibone.com/recipe/crockpot.html

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 8:49:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gengomerpyle] [#31]
nikibone.com/recipe/crockpot.html
Originally Posted By m00ler03:

Originally Posted By gengomerpyle:
http://nikibone.com/recipe/crockpot.html

ur linky is broke..
http://www.nikibone.com/recipe/crockpot.html

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 10:10:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scott_In_OKC] [#32]

Chicken breasts
Block of cream cheese
Cream of chicken soup

You know there is a difference between Italian Dressing and Italian Seasoning.  I guess I wasn't really paying attention and came home from the store with the latter, this might be "interesting".

ETA: Turned out GREAT! Next time I'm going to add 1 more breast and use low sodium soup.  It was a little high in salt, I think due to the Italian Seasoning vs. Italian Dressing mix up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By Scott_In_OKC:

2 10 oz cans Ro-Tel

1 12 oz bag frozen corn

10 hours on low, pull the chicken and shred.  Put the chicken back in and cook on high for 30 minutes.  Serve over rice.

I prefer mine like soup, if you don't, drain the Ro-Tel and beans before adding.

We didn't drain the tomatoes. Added tortilla chips and some sour cream just before serving. Chicken tortilla soup.

Needs more liquid though. I guesstimated on the taco seasoning and chicken broth since we buy both powders in bulk. Came out a bit salty. Will have to adjust the recipe next time.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#34]

2 10 oz cans Ro-Tel
1 12 oz bag frozen corn

Made this tonite with a couple of minor variations and it came out GREAT!  I served it over rice topped with a little cheese, chopped cilantro and fresh onions. AWESOME.  Definately made into my recipe book.

Mahalo!
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Made this one today, a variation of this recipe.

Italian Sausage Veggie Stew

1 pound hot Italian pork sausage
1 cup sliced carrots
2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 cubes
1 clove garlic
1 onion
2 14 1/2 ounce cans beef broth
1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans
1 14 1/2 ounce can pasta style chunky tomatoes, undrained
1 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1 bay leaf
1 jalapeno (thought it could use a little kick)
grated fresh Parmesan cheese

In a large skillet brown sausage; drain. Place all ingredients into a crock pot, cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours. Remove bay leaf. Serve with grated cheese.

The original was more soupy and I prefer a heartier stew, so I doubled the meat & potatoes and added an onion.
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Chicken breasts

Block of cream cheese

Cream of chicken soup

You know there is a difference between Italian Dressing and Italian Seasoning.  I guess I wasn't really paying attention and came home from the store with the latter, this might be "interesting".

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/09/83/08/00/0009830800507_300X300.jpg

ETA: Turned out GREAT! Next time I'm going to add 1 more breast and use low sodium soup.  It was a little high in salt, I think due to the Italian Seasoning vs. Italian Dressing mix up.

I use the same Italian dressing mix you linked to.   Works great every time.

Link Posted: 10/10/2012 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By bluesticky:
Wow!  I made this tonight.  Great stuff.  I pretty much doubled the recipe.  I think my crockpot is a little on the large side.

6 Chicken Breasts
2 packages of Italian Dressing
2 packages of cream cheese
2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 can of water
1/2 large yellow onion
4 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped
1 carton of fresh mushrooms washed and sliced
~ 1 tbsp Kosher Salt and Freshly ground black pepper

Everybody, except mushrooms, into the pool and on high for 6 hours.  I put the mushrooms in the last 1.5 hours of cook time.  Awesome.  Thanks ZedHead for this!  Things I'll do different next time: caramelize the onions and roast the garlic.  Not because I think it will be better, just different.

bluesticky

I tried this, except I didn't have any mushrooms so left them out.  I think high for 6 hours would be too long.  I had it on high for 4 and the chicken was already cooked through and easily shredded.

This did create a good amount of sauce - in fact I think I could have increased the chicken up to double this and still would have been fine.

After 4 hours, I took out the chicken and used a stick blender to make the sauce creamy and well blended (per advice of previous poster), then shredded the chicken with two forks, and dumped it back into the crockpot.  Put it on the "warm" setting and let it sit for about an hour or so until it was dinner time.

I served over rice, but I think it would also go well with noodles.

I'm thinking next time I'll only use one packet of Italian dressing, maybe one and a half, and I'm thinking of swapping out one can of cream of mushroom for the cream of chicken.

My wife took some of the leftovers to work today and by lunchtime she had sent me a text asking for the recipe to share with coworkers, so I think it was a hit!

Very simple and cost effective to make - maybe $15 for everything and it provides plenty of food.

Link Posted: 10/14/2012 2:36:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Couch-Commando] [#38]

2 10 oz cans Ro-Tel

1 12 oz bag frozen corn

I just decided to give this one a shot. I added cilantro and diced habaneros. Sure smells good!

ETA: This was fantastic. It is now added to my regular cycle of batch cooking.

Link Posted: 10/15/2012 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Haven't tried this yet but it looks good.

CROCKPOT BLACK-EYED PEAS OR HOPPIN JOHN

Posted on December 28, 2011 by The Southern Lady

It
has been a tradition to serve black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day in our
family for many years. Serving this dish along with cabbage is supposed
to bring you good luck and financial enrichment. This soup is also good
in the summer and fall using fresh garden vegetables.

1 (16 oz bag) dried black-eyed peas (you could use canned black-eyed peas)

1 (16 oz can) chicken broth

1 ham hock or one cup diced, cooked ham

1 clove of garlic minced

1 cup diced celery

1 small onion, chopped

1 (16 oz) can diced tomatoes (optional)

1 (16 oz) can chopped okra (optional)(can use frozen okra)

Salt and Pepper to taste

Water

Rinse peas, add to crockpot with enough water to cover all
ingredients. Add chicken broth, ham, garlic, celery and onion, salt and
pepper. (If you just want black-eyed peas, stop here with recipe and
cook on high for 4 hrs. or low for 7 hrs. or until peas and celery are
cooked). The tomatoes and okra can be added half way into the cooking
for a recipe more like Hoppin John.

You could also make this in a pot on top of the stove. Just cut the cooking time until the black-eyed peas are tender.

This makes a meal by itself served with cornbread. You can also serve this over rice.  

Link Posted: 10/18/2012 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#40]
The crock pot o' love:

Slab o' meat (I prefer pork tenderloin)

can mild green chilies

can hot jalapenos

canned enchilada sauce (enough to cover it all)

taco seasoning (to taste)

black beans 1 - 2 cans based on preference

throw it all in there for 8 - 10 hours

last half hour pull meat out and shred

put meat back in crock pot

add rice and a little extra water (you could just make rice and skip this step but it's better with the rice soaking up the enchilada sauce)

Once rice is done devour with hot sauce, chips/tortilla, and cheese

Link Posted: 10/18/2012 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Chicken with BACON

Get 4-6 chicken breasts –– bone in or out, personal preference
Dust each with garlic powder
Wrap each with a slice or two of bacon
Put in Crock pot

Mix a can of cream of chicken soup with a pint of sour cream ( do two cans and a quart if necessary)
Add a jar of pimentos
Pour over chicke in crock pot and cook on Low for 6-8 hours

Serve over rice with lots of the gravy.

I need to make this SOON!
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Where is some tasty chili recipes ?
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#43]
We made this one the other night and it was damn good.

Crock Pot Lasagna

1 lb lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
12 ounces cottage cheese (we like 2%)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup asiago cheese
12 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

1:Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in frypan.
2:Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
3:Cook long enough to get it warm.
4:Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker.
5:Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses.
6:Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up.
7:Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 11:26:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bubbles] [#44]
Originally Posted By swoop411:
1-London Broil (2lb)
1-Pkg Italian Dressing
1-Pkg Ranch Dressing
1-Pkg Brown Gravy
1 1/2 Cup of water (warm makes mixing the powdered dressings easier)

Add this all into your crock pot, set it to low heat, and let it go. 6 hours later and you have a delicious meal. My minor contribution to the cause.

Roasts were on sale for $2.99/lb this week.  I picked up four and one will be used in this recipe this weekend.

If DH gets a deer this year I also want to try it with a venison roast.

ETA: This is an awesome recipe.  I did two 2.5 pound roasts at once.  Froze one afterward for a night when I get home from work and need something quick and good for dinner.  Now I really want to try it with venison.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#45]
I wrap brats with bacon (held with tooth picks) put them in the crock pot, pour sweet baby rays on it til they're all covered and then slice up a white onion to throw in the mix, cook it on high for 4 or 5 hours. Don't go stabbing them al to Hell with a fork either, the toothpicks do well enough and the brats flavor will be over powered by the BBQ sauce.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Bumping for some wisdom on a venison ham roast. Approx 5 lbs.

With the low fat content of venison, I struggle in the tender department. I've cubed with fair results, but looking for a better solution.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Keib:
Bumping for some wisdom on a venison ham roast. Approx 5 lbs.

With the low fat content of venison, I struggle in the tender department. I've cubed with fair results, but looking for a better solution.

This is how I do my venison roasts:

1 Venison roast 3-5 lbs
2 onions
5-6 cloves of garlic
1 lb baby carrots
1-2 lbs potatoes
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 tbs cayenne pepper
2 cups of a good red wine (pinot noir or shiraz)

Since venison is so low in fat, brown all sides before you put it into your crock.  Slice up the onions and put about half in the bottom of your crock.  Place the roast on top and cover the roast with the rest of the onions.  I usually throw the garlic in whole but you can smash it or dice it if you want.  Add your salt, pepper and cayenne.  Pour the wine in and set to low for 6 hours.  I usually put the carrots and potatoes in a couple hours before I'm ready to eat and turn up the heat to high.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By sixnine:
I wrap brats with bacon (held with tooth picks) put them in the crock pot, pour sweet baby rays on it til they're all covered and then slice up a white onion to throw in the mix, cook it on high for 4 or 5 hours. Don't go stabbing them al to Hell with a fork either, the toothpicks do well enough and the brats flavor will be over powered by the BBQ sauce.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Made this last night.  Thanks!  Good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 2:09:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: golfroot] [#49]
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:

one green onion
one yellow onion
cumin to taste.
boil a few cups of beans, let them soak, then add them (my first time cooking raw pinto beans. I think it turned out good).

The next is what I do. Substitute for bell peppers and anaheims if you are wimpy.
15 serrano peppers,diced

WTF, dude...            No meat?            And you have beans in there????

Welcome to NC.

Sounds defuckinglicious, except it has NO MEAT in it.

That chili sounds hot as two billygoats fucking in a pepper patch.  Neither of them have meat.

I want to try it...With some meat.  The chili, not the billy goats.

I'm a couple hours from you, but there's a bunch of NC tards that are there in the Triangle.  You should do a "Come get some chili, rednecks!" night.  Hopefully it will be on a weekend, so I can attend.

Hopefully you will add some meat to the recipe.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By golfroot:

Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:

one green onion

one yellow onion

cumin to taste.

15 serrano peppers,diced

WTF, dude...            No meat?            And you have beans in there????

Welcome to NC.

Sounds defuckinglicious, except it has NO MEAT in it.

That chili sounds hot as two billygoats fucking in a pepper patch.  Neither of them have meat.

I want to try it...With some meat.  The chili, not the billy goats.

I'm a couple hours from you, but there's a bunch of NC tards that are there in the Triangle.  You should do a "Come get some chili, rednecks!" night.  Hopefully it will be on a weekend, so I can attend.

Hopefully you will add some meat to the recipe.

I forgot about the two pounds of ground beef. Can't forget that!

Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top