Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2017 7:57:27 PM EDT
y'all gettin excited to get started? Our first meeting back is next Monday.  We had school a few weeks ago, but I couldn't attend.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, Lodge tomorrow night.
Red Cross of Constantine and Chapter on the 12th
Council on the 14th
KYCH on the 16th
York Rite Sovereign College on the 17th (I'm conferring the Order of York)
Masonic Center Board of Directors meeting on the 18th
Lodge on the 19th
Commandery on the 28th
Annual Assembly of Grand Council on the 30th.

Welcome back!
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:43:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#3]
you two are nuts.

I just do School of instruction and the regular meeting and 1 or 2 extra meetings, plus mentor the Brothers getting degrees, on the practice night instead of going to the practice. 
I only go to a couple Scottish Rite meetings a year.. but I do alot of the fundraising activities and I do participate in the SR reunion every year, either as an actor or as a behind the scenes person.  Our Valley is around 6000 members.
Same with Shrine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 12:17:28 AM EDT
[#4]
This month is just stacked up from being dark over the summer.  Monthly it's just Lodge twice, Chapter, Council and Commandery once.  Building Board  is monthly unless something major breaks.   Honorary stuff is quarterly or semi-annually.  It does kinda fall apart with Grand stuff, but at least I'm one line down and one to go.  And that one's done in a year and a half.  I'm not doing any others.

Crap!  I forgot the Masonic Unity Conference.  Some dumb-ass volunteered to be president of that for the next two years.

You're right.  I am nuts.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
We don't go dark.

It was a busy summer!
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We don't go dark.

It was a busy summer!
View Quote
We've done it a few times.  It just gets to be too much.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#7]
First Lodge meeting was last night but I wasn't allowed to go. I have degree practice tonight and will stand proficient on 20 SEP. I also get to see as many as 5 new Brothers received into the lodge that night. Because of that, I will not be passed until OCT. This will be the first time I have seen new Brothers received, and am honestly more excited about that than standing proficient or being passed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
First Lodge meeting was last night but I wasn't allowed to go. I have degree practice tonight and will stand proficient on 20 SEP. I also get to see as many as 5 new Brothers received into the lodge that night. Because of that, I will not be passed until OCT. This will be the first time I have seen new Brothers received, and am honestly more excited about that than standing proficient or being passed.
View Quote
Yes, most of the time the lodge is opened in the 3rd degree, so thats normal that you could not attend.

Soon enough Brother, you will be passed and then you can go to any lodge you desire.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#9]
We can only do business in MM.  There was a resolution this year to do business in any degree.  It died a horrible death.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
You will learn so much watching others get their degrees.  When it's you it's like standing in the surf, blindfolded.  It hits you, goes past and disappears.  When you watch, you get it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That was tried in WY last year and failed too.  In Utah we can conduct business on any degree.  Funerals, installations, and GL must be on the MM.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We can only do business in MM.  There was a resolution this year to do business in any degree.  It died a horrible death.
That was tried in WY last year and failed too.  In Utah we can conduct business on any degree.  Funerals, installations, and GL must be on the MM.
Funerals and Installations are public here.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#13]
hopefully my petition for local lodge gets voted on this coming Tuesday, todays breakfast was cancelled due to hurricane Irma approaching and should theoretically be all clear Monday, which is the day before fellowship.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
hopefully my petition for local lodge gets voted on this coming Tuesday, todays breakfast was cancelled due to hurricane Irma approaching and should theoretically be all clear Monday, which is the day before fellowship.
View Quote
@andrewbp

feel free to start a new thread tellin us all about it.  This forum is here for us to use... you are welcome to take advantage of that
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
@andrewbp

feel free to start a new thread tellin us all about it.  This forum is here for us to use... you are welcome to take advantage of that
View Quote
i did start one saying my petition has been submitted, but im still in the process so ive been helping where I can and all
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
i did start one saying my petition has been submitted, but im still in the process so ive been helping where I can and all
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@andrewbp

Ok great.

Where in FL are you located?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Lodge was fun last night.. 
The incoming  master, gave some highlights of his agenda when he takes office in Jan. 
That's interesting.  He asked me in private if I would do a program. Ok.

Got to hang with some guys I don't see in the summer. 

Our float took 1st place in the 4th of July parade again. We've won probably 4 times. I don't think a should accept being judged anymore, and instead do it for fun.... but that's not my call.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#18]
We don't go dark either.  Tonight is lodge and it is Senior Warden night.  Should be interesting...lol  

Oh and Prime Rib for dinner...hehehe
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:25:55 AM EDT
[#19]
@overscoped , locally we had Irma hit, which lost power to the majority of the state, including the Orlando lodge, so their lodge was literally dark and could not do fellowship dinner. I just finally got power back Monday afternoon, and then had to take my generator, gas cans, and electrical cables to save my mothers house, after very carefully watching my elderly disabled father who wasn't taking the 85 degrees at night very well, and now some friends wont have power till hopefully Sunday but have offered use of my house to them for showers and laundry and hot meals. its a total Cluster-F here in Florida right now, but it is bouncing back pretty quickly due to proper planning of emergency resources and fixes.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#20]
In Ohio we're dark in July and August. When I was Master in 2008, I had a Sat morning MM Degree. I had a Hawaiian shirt day, everyone wore long pants (no shorts or flip flops) with a Hawaiian shirt. The place was packed, everyone had a great time. Our lodge is air conditioned and there was shortage of brethren for the walk around parts in the second section.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#21]
First meeting back with the new line after Christmas break and we had to cancel our degree due to freezing rain. It was freezing the moment it got the ground. Our constitution and bylaws requires us to open.

Myself (jw) and other officers opened the lodge, did the required business and closed.

I live 5 minutes from Lodge and the drive home took me almost 15 minutes because I had to shuffle/roll step to my car.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
For stated meetings we open on the highest degree based on who is attending.  While they can not vote until the are MM I believe it is beneficial to have the EAs and FCs involved, especially when the LEO has a presentation.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#23]
the proper idiom is "champing at the bit".

FYI
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
the proper idiom is "champing at the bit".

FYI
View Quote
Thanks for that correction. It is very important that we all learn. This section is dedicated to learning.  How can we be of assistance to you?

@Pneumagger
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top