Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2017 2:40:48 PM EDT
I saw this criteria on another thread...

I have a very basic question here... Im not trying to trap anyone. I just am curious as to how you answer this.

If a criteria to join is "a belief is a supreme deity", how then is it that you can accept Christians?

Bear with me..........

If you back off of Jesus being the ONLY way to the Father, and instead you adopt a unitarian belief system that considers "god" to be this nebulous thing that is a hub of a wagon wheel, where the spokes of the wagon wheel might be Christian, then Muslim, then Buddists, then Satanists, then Rostafarianism, then Yazidism, then Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, then Judaism, etc, etc, then you CAN honestly say that you "believe in god", because what you have let EVERYONE in that worships ANYTHING.

But at the VERY basic 101 level of Christianity, a Christian believe that Jesus is the ONE true God. Furthermore, Jesus said that He is the ONLY way to The Father (God)..

Therefore, by accepting a Christian, you are accepting a mason brother that ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT believe in a nebulous supreme deity concept. He believes in the God of the Bible. And if Jesus said, if you deny me before man, I will deny you before The Father.

Therefore a Christian repudiates the concept of "belief in a supreme deity" and instead must absolutely profess a total belief in Jesus Christ, the one true God. Anything dialed back into a vanilla god concept is idolatry in a very basic form, and brings up the second question which is, why would you want to fellowship with someone that doesnt care that when you die, you are going to die eternally and burn for trillions and trillions of years in a molten lake of lava?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:00:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I really wish you would post this in GD.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really wish you would post this in GD.
View Quote
Why? Something I dont know?

My limited impression of GD is that it is full of the strangest people on earth.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Why would any real Christian ever join free masonry?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
You aren't looking at why the requirement exist, and are instead playing semantics. The requirement exist, to demonstrate the individual believes there is something greater in this world than themselves. People that believe they are the greatest god's of their own world are unlikely to show the loyalty required to be a good mason.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You aren't looking at why the requirement exist, and are instead playing semantics. The requirement exist, to demonstrate the individual believes there is something greater in this world than themselves. People that believe they are the greatest god's of their own world are unlikely to show the loyalty required to be a good mason.
View Quote
Oh ok. Thanks. I see what the mindset is.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:53:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah from what I understand from the guys at the lodge im petitioning , they do not care if you're Christian, Catholic , Jewish , Buddhist, Islamic ,etc , all they care is that you believe in a higher power. It's like me , I've grown up catholic ( went thru confirmation and all that ) and even have a distant family member that works for the Vatican radio, and try to help everyone I meet, as I believe in leaving this world better than when I came into it. I also believe a bit in the Buddhist karma belief / system as I've been very fortunate in life and have had some situations in life that can't be explained and kinda fall into the there's a greater power at work/ someone upstairs is looking out for you. I may not attend church on the regular , but I try to be nice to people and strangers, and if I can improve their day or their life I will do my best to help where I can with what resources or knowledge i have.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:19:32 AM EDT
[#7]
To the OP,

I'm on my phone and the long answer is too long.  Your understanding of Christianity is off plumb.  Yet, you've partially hit the nail a couple of times with the use of the word "Father".

Quoted:
Why would any real Christian ever join free masonry?
View Quote
What is your misunderstanding of Freemasonry that leads to this question?  What do you believe Freemasons do that is incompatible with the life and teachings of Christ?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I have always felt that the relationship between and man and his God is his business.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:52:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Accepting Jesus as your Saviour and Redeemer does not mean you accept him as the "one true God." He was sent to die on the cross to form a new covenant with man as the ultimate sacrifice so we don't all die in sin. You can't separate them. Belief in the Triune God is not contrary to belief in a supreme being. However, that should really be a discussion for a different thread.

As to how it relates to masonry, We believe there is a higher power that we can call on to help us in our quest to become better men. To live a life a charity, fellowship and brotherly love. Can you do those things without Masonry? Absolutely. But Masonry was built to bring like minded men together to work toward that goal. 

As to your second question. A Christian brother does not want to see you cast into the pit. We would like to bring you out of that darkness.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I am a Christian first. I have non-Christian brothers that I believe are lost because they are not saved through the Blood of Jesus Christ. They are still my brothers.

That being said OP is trolling.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#11]
No atheist can be made a mason.....
it becomes necessary that I declare a belief in deity otherwise an obligation would be not be binding...
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah from what I understand from the guys at the lodge im petitioning , they do not care if you're Christian, Catholic , Jewish , Buddhist, Islamic ,etc , all they care is that you believe in a higher power. It's like me , I've grown up catholic ( went thru confirmation and all that ) and even have a distant family member that works for the Vatican radio, and try to help everyone I meet, as I believe in leaving this world better than when I came into it. I also believe a bit in the Buddhist karma belief / system as I've been very fortunate in life and have had some situations in life that can't be explained and kinda fall into the there's a greater power at work/ someone upstairs is looking out for you. I may not attend church on the regular , but I try to be nice to people and strangers, and if I can improve their day or their life I will do my best to help where I can with what resources or knowledge i have.
View Quote
You sir are prime Masonic material. I wish you good tidings future Brother.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You sir are prime Masonic material. I wish you good tidings future Brother.
View Quote
im not a brother yet, initial voting is I believe this Tuesday for me to be accepted or not, so as they say im a Mr and not a Brother quite yet. but from what my friends who are members at the same lodge is that they have taken a liking to me, already helping in the kitchen during fellowship dinners, I just jumped in helping one day without asking, since ive been cooking since I was 11 so its second nature for me in the kitchen. and my 84yr old elderly stepfather who's a 33rd MM even helped with the lodge AC repair where it just needed a checkup and drain line clog removed on a Split 10 ton rooftop unit, the officers were surprised at the bill as it was half of what they were normally charged in the past, but my stepfather has 40-50 years knowledge in the AC/Refrigeration industry. anyways ill keep this thread on track and keep it short.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
it becomes necessary that I declare a belief in deity otherwise an obligation would be not be binding...
View Quote
Don't know if it's true but I've read that in France atheist and women can be masons.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Exactly this.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#17]
If you believe in Jesus Christ then you believe in GOD the Father. This is the simple version. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top