Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2017 3:51:28 AM EDT
After growing up as a child in a Masonic/Shriner household with a stepfather who is a 33rd MM Shriner, now at the age of 33 I’ve decided to join a lodge here in central Florida. A few of my friends belong to the Orlando lodge so I decided to join that one after attending the lodge diners and getting to know the guys there. They have all been nice to me and I have warmed up to a few of them in conversation when it comes to the discussion of firearms, since that is my field of profession. After a few dinners the WM allowed me to submit my petition paperwork and I paid the BG check fee and presumptively the EA fee, pending the two months the said it would take for the BG check, lodge white ball voting, and a discovery/interview panel.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared/nervous as this is all new to me and I’ve done this on my own, but from what I’ve been informed from my friends who signed the form for me, that they like me at the lodge, so hopefully it goes smoothly. in life I’ve lived a good and honorable life such as putting my life on hold and talking care of my real father by myself for the past 9 years thru dying almost 5 times and even a dialysis/kidney transplant during that time.. I’ve always tried to help anyone I can, and my background check is so clean they should be able to eat off of it. The best advice my elderly stepfather at the age of 84 told me in regards to joining, was that if it’s meant to be, God wills it if he wants me to meet Hiram.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Same here. Several in my family are Masons, including my Grandfather who was one of the greatest people I've ever known. I just submitted my petition yesterday at dinner before the stated meeting at a blue lodge here in Texas.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:53:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations to both of you.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Outstanding! Best decision I ever made!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations to both of you for taking that first step.... Keep an open mind and enjoy the ride.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:49:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations to both of you. Look forward to riding the goat.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:29:58 AM EDT
[#6]
just as an update, I went to fellowship dinner this past Tuesday, and had good conversations with some of the members, one of them since we live in FL was about travel to Cuba and all that the Cuban people are going thru , and come to find out later the guy I was talking to was part of the interview/discovery panel, as he had asked at the end of the night how long I had been coming to these dinners and paperwork and all and I had mentioned I submitted last time, but the past WM I interacted with told me the two month process, and he goes oh im usually part of that group of guys that visits. The secretary at the end of the night had casually mentioned my paperwork was being brought up for voting on me that night for the right to start the background check and all that. only reason that came up was that the last dinner when I submitted the paperwork they were limited on time before their official meeting, but they let one of the Past WM's at the lodge take my paperwork and money, and then later on in the week he text me a photocopy of the receipt, and talking with the secretary I guess the paperwork packet I was given had one form that I was not suppose to fill out till later, but that everything was good so far, and since im in the bodyguard/armed security field I included a photocopy of my state licenses along with my DL for when they do the BG check to assist in anything they may want to look up/ know, IE being 100% transparent, he said I was fine and all with all that included.

I will say, that now since I've been to 5-6 dinners my nervousness/anxiety is calming down, as im recognizing faces and building report with most of the guys. the one thing I admittedly have to work on is remembering the names associated with the faces. I think its due to me being in security and having to spot someone most anywhere, but I can recite conversations that me and that person have had almost down to a T, but putting the name to the face is my weakness.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations on your first step! patience is the key as there are time constraints on the process. sounds like it will all come together for you very soon. And your particular memory penchant will serve you well. Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Congratulations.... If you have any questions that you didn't want to ask them, we will be glad to answer if we can.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#9]
had my first 3 person interview and all 3 people there, the WM and 2 PM's , were happy with my answers, I also volunteered in the kitchen for the Saturday breakfast and past Thursday dinner since im comfortable in the kitchen. I filled out the secondary info form, and now im assuming sooner or later will be the visit your house/secondary interview, and then all the talking and voting after that
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
 God wills it. He wants me to meet Hiram.
View Quote

Are you sure it is God's will?  I doubt Hiram has anything to do with it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
had my first 3 person interview and all 3 people there, the WM and 2 PM's , were happy with my answers, I also volunteered in the kitchen for the Saturday breakfast and past Thursday dinner since im comfortable in the kitchen. I filled out the secondary info form, and now im assuming sooner or later will be the visit your house/secondary interview, and then all the talking and voting after that
View Quote
Here in TX we have 3 Brother interview you, usually not together. Then if your investigation is positive, a vote is taken. You are called to set the date for your EA.
Never heard of a second interview.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here in TX we have 3 Brother interview you, usually not together. Then if your investigation is positive, a vote is taken. You are called to set the date for your EA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here in PA a WM and two brothers go together once. That s it... no seconds. 

OP... might want to confirm that second interview.

I'm our  lodge we meet the candidate at the lodge to prepare him for the first degree, that might be what they mean.... but that's after a favorable vote.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I should know more next Tuesday when I go for dinner since they have my secondary info form. at this point I'm just going to keep attending and helping where I can, and when they want to let me know what's going on in the process they will let me know. I know this lodge has a history going back to the 1800's so its a lodge rich with history and generations of members.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Are you sure it is God's will?  I doubt Hiram has anything to do with it.
View Quote
I just noticed this typo, should read if he wants me to meet him
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Great
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#16]
As of last Tuesday I was fully voted into the lodge. Delayed slightly due to the lodge the previous two weeks ago going dark due to the hurricane Irma knocking out power and the lodge was litterally dark. nov 7 is the set date for me to enter the EA portion. Tomorrow is my 34th birthday. The universe has been good to me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:18:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Outstanding!  Congratulations!
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Happy Birthday and congratulations on the favorable vote.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Awesome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top