Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2017 1:06:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#1]
MM exemplification?

Wow!  I wish we had those kind of numbers coming in.  Although, I'd like to think we'd still do it the old fashioned way.  My lodge did two Master Mason Degrees one night.  We did the whole shebang twice.

We do a couple of festivals around the state for Chapter and Council Degrees.  We still have all the candidates participate, just together.  In Commandery most Commanderies just don't have enough people to do the Illustrious Order of the Red Cross or the Order of Malta.  One Commandery does it Full Form once a year and the others confer it in Short Form when they need it.  The Order of the Temple is always conferred on one candidate at a time.  Those of you that have received and participated in it know how big it is.  It takes 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours.  We did two one night.  Never again.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MM exemplification?

Wow!  I wish we had those kind of numbers coming in.  Although, I'd like to think we'd still do it the old fashioned way.  My lodge did two Master Mason Degrees one night.  We did the whole shebang twice.

We do a couple of festivals around the state for Chapter and Council Degrees.  We still have all the candidates participate, just together.  In Commandery most Commanderies just don't have enough people to do the Illustrious Order of the Red Cross or the Order of Malta.  One Commandery does it Full Form once a year and the others confer it in Short Form when they need it.  The Order of the Temple is always conferred on one candidate at a time.  Those of you that have received and participated in it know how big it is.  It takes 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours.  We did two one night.  Never again.
View Quote
We raise 2-3 guys a month in my lodge.  That means a lot of work, because of course if you are raising men, you are also doing firsts and seconds and investigating too.  we usually have 2-3 extras a month. it gets pretty difficult with long nights some months.  The sad part is we have to lay several Brothers too rest also.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Looking at my year end report for last year, we raised 61 in the entire state.  20 of those were done in two lodges.  We have a handful of lodges that have not done any degree work in years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We raise 2-3 guys a month in my lodge.  That means a lot of work, because of course if you are raising men, you are also doing firsts and seconds and investigating too.  we usually have 2-3 extras a month. it gets pretty difficult with long nights some months.  The sad part is we have to lay several Brothers too rest also.

Looking at my year end report for last year, we raised 61 in the entire state.  20 of those were done in two lodges.  We have a handful of lodges that have not done any degree work in years.
your population is much different than mine.

I live 40 miles South of Pittsburgh, just outside of the southern suburbs. My lodge is in a populated area, but still a smaller town.

Not doing degree work has issues that I wouldn't want to face.  I guess for the future of the Lodge, I'd rather do degrees.

Masonry in PA is strong. My district has 2200 members and its probably the 5th biggest in the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top