Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2017 6:33:49 PM EDT
Theres going to be an oyster dinner at the Lodge 31 on March 4th at 5PM. I think there will be a lodge meeting too, as I was told I needed the "word" to get in... I'm assuming that means into lodge.

That's all the details I have.

Does anyone have any other information?

PS, I'm in PA and heard about this through the grapevine.  I was thinking about coming down.  I know the "word" also.

Do any of you guys in WV know what the dress code for lodge is?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone know the dress code at least. 

Here in pa it's a suit. Don't wanna wear one if I can get away with overalls. Especially after a 2 hour drive.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It was mentioned at our last meeting. I may have a letter from their secretary about it. I'll look this evening.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was mentioned at our last meeting. I may have a letter from their secretary about it. I'll look this evening.
View Quote
Thanks.  I want to go down with a couple guys, but don't want to plan this without more info.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
   Do you or do you not have the information, Brother?

I really need to know.

Can you please tell me how to dress.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have any communications from them. My most recent communication was from Bigelow Lodge. My apologies.

Mannington meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays every month. I can provide you with the Secretary's number if you'd like to contact him directly.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't have any communications from them. My most recent communication was from Bigelow Lodge. My apologies.

Mannington meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays every month. I can provide you with the Secretary's number if you'd like to contact him directly.
View Quote
Thanks for that info.  I have communicated with the District Deputy today while at work  and have made plans to be there this Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#7]
So anyway, myself and 2 Brothers drove down to this Lodge.

I had never been in a WV Lodge before and this was a real treat.
The work is different than ours, but similar in context.
The Dinner beforehand consisted of Fried Oysters, Oyster stew, Oyster soup, Fries, coleslaw, sweet tea, coffee, assorted pies.  It was mighty good.

The Grand Master was there as well as 5 Past Grand Masters and 25 or so Past Masters and 125 Brothers.  That was impressive, especially for a middle of nowhere mining town Lodge.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:21:34 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a huge turnout!
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:42:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Brother Overscoped, my apologies I missed this thread and your request. For my Lodge slacks and a button down shirt are a minimum for when we visit. Our current WM request that we wear a tie" if at all possible "

If you (any of the Brethren) get a chance to attend a Spring time Lodge meeting at Deford Lodge #88 in Berkeley Springs, WVa be sure to do so. The main course is Hounds ears. Although no hounds are harmed.

Also my Lodge, Triluminar #117 in Middleway, WV holds an annual "throwback" night, usually in the Spring. The only illumination is by candlelight "The three great lights in Masonry*" and coal oil lanterns.

*We still use three burning tapers in a triangular formation about the altar. No electric fakes allowed.

Mike Shell
P.M. 2011-12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top