Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2016 2:39:36 PM EDT
I'd like to think not. On The Walking Dead, it appears they do but I recall another movie where our heros strapped food to a dog and sent it across a street full of undead to supply a friend who was cut off from the main group and the dog was not attacked. Dogs could probably be trained as early warning animals, smelling/hearing approaching Zs, as messengers, etc. I'd kinda like that. Horses/mules/cattle would be handy. And the Zs wouldn't have et up all the wild game.

Seems to me part of the horror of zombies us us being toppled from the top of the food chain. I never see zombie raccons or schnauzers so the zombie virus does not seem to "turn" common animals other than humans. Zombies have no nutritional requirements so killing us and spreading the virus would seem to be their only motivations. I don't see other animals even being on their radar.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]

I think most have them eating animals as much as humans.  Truth of the matter is, humans are a much lazier, dumber and easier target then most animals.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2016 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#2]
You need some real world problems to think about OP.

Knock a chick up or have a questionable hook up on tinder.  Them zombie questions will be put in perspective.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Knock a chick up or have a questionable hook up on tinder.  Them zombie questions will be put in perspective.
View Quote

Well he did post in the Zombie Central forum so.......

Link Posted: 12/28/2016 11:21:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn't this a tecnical forum?  
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#5]
in half of the lore/books movies they eat everything alive and the other half just seems to be humans. Many of the books talk about using dogs to sniff them out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:06:31 PM EDT
[#6]
The original zombie movie from George Romero that started it all, Night of the Living Dead, showed zombies eating all forms of live flesh. A female zombie is shown eating a bug in one scene. The carry over from Romero's films to The Walking Dead series makes sense that zombies eat all forms of living flesh.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

You're advising the OP to get himself into real trouble as opposed to conducting a hobby that hurts no one? Who's the one here that "needs" perspective? Or maybe therapy. Why are you even trolling here?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw an episode of Z Nation where people would not eat meat anymore. Presumably because animals were contaminated by the virus. That would suck but we know Z Nation is parody, not real.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top