Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2016 2:48:37 PM EDT
Hey everyone, I'm getting ready to start a new zombie book. I kind of stepped away from writing zombie fiction. I wrote a book called Justice (action book. Think Walking Tall) and then one called Coma Hell (horror book. Along the lines of Nightmare On Elm Street). I started writing more horror books after writing Coma Hell and I find myself missing writing something with action. I love writing horror and will continue in that genre. My writing has improved since writing my first book, The Day After The Fourth (sequel coming soon) so much so that it is like night and day.

I'm trying to come up with a title. The book is going to start at the outbreak of whatever has caused people to turn into zombies or whatever has caused the dead to rise and walk again. This is going to be a series. I'm thinking at least three books if not more. I'm still at the stage of my thinking with the main character. I have been thinking that the main character has been ready for the SHTF. I feel that idea might lose the reader quick and not allow me a lot of options in writing story and letting it develop. So my other idea is that the main character is just a regular guy who has a couple of weapons. I will then let it kick off from there.

What I am needed of is help with is a title. It will be a title that will remain through the series. I have gotten better over the last few years at developing characters and I can see this one having a character or characters that will last over the long-haul. One of the books that I wrote that has just such a character is Justice. That is one I plan to write a few more books and make it into a series.

So, with all that being said. Help me with a title. I have been tossing around the idea of "The Living Undead" or "The Living And The Undead" or "The Living & Undead" as some choices. Tell me what you think of these choices. If you have an idea of something better, please comment in the thread and let me know. If I pick the title that you come up with, I will send you a signed copy of the book once it is done. In fact, I will send each book that I do in the series to you signed.

This will be an ongoing thing. I do not plan to write the first book for another month to month an half. I'm working on one right now that is my main focus.  

Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Need something more vague and not so direct as "Undead".  Pull out a theme from the story and find a title from that perhaps.  I think that's why it is best to title the work after it is finished, or well in progress.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Need something more vague and not so direct as "Undead".  Pull out a theme from the story and find a title from that perhaps.  I think that's why it is best to title the work after it is finished, or well in progress.  
View Quote

True. I have found that I get a title in my head and in the middle of the story it changes. It has been a while since I have looked at the market of zombie books. I need to wonder through Amazon and see how things are titled. I want the title to be something that when someone sees it they know it is a zombie book.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#3]
"Milks Gone Bad: Life in a World of Stumbling Corpses"
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I just went with the title Survivors. It will start at the start of everything before the SHTF. I also have a zombie Vietnam book that I'm working on. I have already done the cover artwork for them. That was just to get my mind going. I think Survivors might not  be a zombie book but it might be. I'm still toying with that idea.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Dead, Alive And Otherwise
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#6]
The Zombie Monologs
BHO's Amerika
Operation Survive Dawn
The Illusion of Hope
When Death and Taxes aren't Certain
Brown Mist Coming (Shit has hit the fan)
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#7]
The Zombie dentist,
The New Plague
To Bite or Not to Bite
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top