Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2015 11:24:10 AM EDT
I just discovered the We're Alive podcast.  It wrapped up a few years ago after doing 4 seasons.  
I like it!  It took a few episodes to get used to the format, but it reminds me of the old timey radio dramas.
Anyone else listen to it?

http://www.werealive.com/episodes/
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 12:22:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah its pretty good.  Gets a little weird towards the end.  Kinda of like TWD where nobody is safe.  They were supposed to make a sequel set in a prison, but I think they lost funding or something.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah its pretty good.  Gets a little weird towards the end.  Kinda of like TWD where nobody is safe.  They were supposed to make a sequel set in a prison, but I think they lost funding or something.
View Quote

Based on my Tier 1 Googling, it sounds like it's going to happen.  "We're Alive: Lockdown" met their gofundme/Kickstarter/whatever goal a few months ago.  I'm not sure I'd be in for a series based on the prison characters, but I've enjoyed the original series so far.  I really wasn't into podcasts until now, but wow, they really help the commute go by fast.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 5:43:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Just started myself a couple of weeks ago, the episode lengths are perfect for my commute.
They've done a great job with it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought it was a great series. It takes a different take on the standard zombie story. The format is great and the series has some excellent character development. Lockdown is due out soon. Not sure it will be possible to top the original series, KC Wayland set the bar very high for himself.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 1:47:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for this.

I had heard it mentioned long ago but never really gave it much thought as I didn't foresee myself sitting down to listen and pay attention to an audio series. Now that I have moved to the country and have a 30 minute commute I have gotten the "Were Alive" podcast app for my android phone and listen to it on the way to and from work now. I am enjoying the hell out of it.

Some of the characters are annoying, but I am only about 8 chapters in so I am hoping they get knocked off soon.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Listened to the 15 min preview of We're Alive: Lockdown and loved it.  It's awesome to hear some of the familiar voices. I cannot wait til' the entire Lockdown is completed.

Here's the link to the preview: http://www.werealive.com/news/walockdown-preview-first-15-minutes-merry-christmas/

Please note you do have to register to be able to listen to the preview.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#7]
It is excellent, in the top 3 of the zombie audio media available anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody have any other similar podcasts to this one they listen to and thought were good?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anybody have any other similar podcasts to this one they listen to and thought were good?
View Quote

Scott Sigler's books, read by himself and available in podcast form are pretty good. Not on the same level as We're Alive, but entertaining.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I finished the series up a few weeks ago, and I gotta say, I'm lost with out it, lol.  My commutes are terrible now!

Looking forward to Lockdown...

I saw this posted elsewhere, thought I'd share:
http://post-apocalyptic.wikia.com/wiki/Post-Apocalyptic_Radio_Shows_and_Audio_Dramas
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I listened to We're Alive a couple year sago. Didn't know they were still around. Good to know. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I listened to the whole thing and honestly do not have favorable things to say about it.  I got intrigued by where the story was going and that's what kept me listening, but I did not like any of the characters at all.  Also drove me nuts how the authors would have one of the characters do something completely out of character for them because it was convenient to the plot.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#13]
The We're Alive Lockdown series is now available.  Look like it is a 6 part series, and they are up to episode 5 now.  I'll probably start that on my commute home tonight and will report back on how it feels.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#14]
So, Lockdown picks up after shortly after the original series ends, with the group finding a survivor who had been in the jail where the outbreak started, when the tattoo-faced guy was there. He recounts his story so the group can document it, which was one of their usual activities is the original series. I was afraid it was going to be about the "Mallers", so I'm relived it's not - the character Scratch was unbearable IMO.

1.5 episodes in, interesting so far. I like the angle of it being in a jail as everything breaks down.

Short series overall, I think it is only 6 one-hour episodes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top