Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Or its entire upper torso, for that matter.  Thought I read somewhere that the .50 caliber round creates a wound channel wider than the average human body.     Definite fail in the effects department.

On the acting -- the kid who plays Nick nailed the addict thing.  Kim Dickens is good as his mom.  Ruben Blades is an undervalued treasure.   Cliff Curtis is okay, but he needs to do more than react in shock.  Then again, that's how his part is written.  The rest .... iffy at best.

Re: the scope, my son, a junior in high school, picked up on that.  He is an ace with our 30.-06 scoped semi-auto and my .309 bolt action.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#2]
At first I was a bit ho hum about it () tjhough the pilots beginning was near perfect).
Everthing else had ot be oh so fashionable soap opera like.
Seemed almost like it was cowritten by somone who cut his teeth writing soaps ( though I htink thats not the case)

In any event it's gotten a lot better last couple episodes.
Cant wait for the next one.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#3]
It's true that there are a lot of libtards out here in Kalifornastan, however there are a LOT of folks who aren't.
There are probably as many ARs here as in three surrounding states, and the stupid "bullet buttons" would fall off
in a SHTF situation.
One thing nice about libtard Zeds, they'd probably be Vegan!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
My review is up:

http://couchpotatoprepper.blogspot.com/2015/10/preparedness-review-of-fear-walking.html
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My review is up:

http://couchpotatoprepper.blogspot.com/2015/10/preparedness-review-of-fear-walking.html
View Quote

Awesome and enjoyable review

i'm still torn as to who will be the new "rick"....my money is on kim dickens chic
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

i'm still torn as to who will be the new "rick"....my money is on kim dickens chic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My review is up:

Johnny Dope.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:00:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Johnny Dope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My review is up:

Johnny Dope.

Nah he's the Glen lol
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:36:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Can't believe no ones commented on the the first episode yet.

I thought it was a great start to the new season.

Edit, doh just realised this is the wrong  thread.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#9]
My The Walking Dead review is up:

http://couchpotatoprepper.blogspot.com/2015/10/preparedness-review-of-walking-dead.html
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My The Walking Dead review is up:

http://couchpotatoprepper.blogspot.com/2015/10/preparedness-review-of-walking-dead.html
View Quote

Always enjoy the reviews
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#11]
My Walking Dead review is up:

http://couchpotatoprepper.blogspot.com/2015/10/preparedness-review-of-walking-dead_19.html
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Excellent review, always fun reading them
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#13]
My review of Episode 603 is up:

http://couchpotatoprepper.blogspot.com/
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#14]
After a delay I am finally caught up! All reviews for the Walking Dead Season 6 are now live on my blog:

Episode 604: Here's Not Here
The Couch Potato Prepper: Preparedness Review of The Walking Dead Episode 604: Here's Not Here

Episode 605: Now
The Couch Potato Prepper: Preparedness Review of The Walking Dead Episode 605: Now

Episode 606: Always Accountable
The Couch Potato Prepper: Preparedness Review of The Walkind Dead Episode 606: Always Accountable

Sorry for the delay!
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Thx bro
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Ive watched them all. Maybe Im bias for really liking the WD series . But this show sucks. No balls on anyone  but the esalvador guy . He is the only charactor I care for. Maybe his daughter. The kids are spoiled brats , or druggies . Parents ... Well look at the kids. No respect .Nobody does what anybody else tells them to do. Guns are icky ....   Has anyone noticed all the caucasions are fucktards. Main cast and supporting cast. Lt thats a fuck head . Pvt, bubba that wants to rape the girl.   Fat neighbor who couldn't take life anymore and cried till he died .  Sure we got plenty of fucktardians in our group. But damn.... I really like TWD   . Just want to say Darrel and Me shon   are my favorites . Bad asses . Rick pulling a strong 3rd.   ( spelling with beer induced fingers )   Thank you and hope all yall fucktards had a great weekend . Cheers wardawg
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ive watched them all. Maybe Im bias for really liking the WD series . But this show sucks. No balls on anyone  but the esalvador guy . He is the only charactor I care for. Maybe his daughter. The kids are spoiled brats , or druggies . Parents ... Well look at the kids. No respect .Nobody does what anybody else tells them to do. Guns are icky ....   Has anyone noticed all the caucasions are fucktards. Main cast and supporting cast. Lt thats a fuck head . Pvt, bubba that wants to rape the girl.   Fat neighbor who couldn't take life anymore and cried till he died .  Sure we got plenty of fucktardians in our group. But damn.... I really like TWD   . Just want to say Darrel and Me shon   are my favorites . Bad asses . Rick pulling a strong 3rd.   ( spelling with beer induced fingers )   Thank you and hope all yall fucktards had a great weekend . Cheers wardawg
View Quote

Well it is Hollywood, and white males are either fags, wife beaters, socipaths, drug addicts or complete vaginas....and 90lb model chicks can kick the shit out of 4-5, 220lb spec ops guys, because shes a "badass" so grain of salt....still entertaining, but as long as you realize that 100% of anything out od Hollywood is social engineering you're ok
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#18]
My Walking Dead Episode 607 review is now up.  I will have Episode 608 posted by the end of the week.

http://couchpotatoprepper.blogspot.com/2015/12/preparedness-review-of-walking-dead.htmll
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:51:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Season two (15 episodes) starts April 10.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 3:24:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I watched all three on On Demand.

The show sucks.  The in your face inclusiveness.  I'm suprised that the son (not the junkie one) doesn't have a girlfriend in a wheelchair. No way the army / guard is going to be that many in one neighborhood, even if they showed up at all.  Who would show up is the gangs.  There's no food in the inner city, but plenty of guns and young guys with nothing to lose.  

The lead guy is a moron.  He wants to set up all night with the junkie kid of Joanie (the whore from Deadwood)  in the hospital while his own son goes into meltdown because Daddy doesn love him anymore.  He walks into a crack den?   The dealers that run those places would have robbed and beaten him halt to death.  And on that note, the blondie zombie at the beginning would have had lots of company!

Everyone leaving town?  Our freeways can't handle the normal weekday drives, much less a evacuation.

The series is set in L.A. and some of the outdoor secens are, but it's really filmed in Vancover, Canada.  I was suprised that they left in the shot of Continal Oil with gas at $2.39.
View Quote

About the only scenes that were actually shot in the LA area were in the last episode of the season. They were fucking around in Sunken City on the cliffs of San Pedro right above Cabrillo Beach. I was hoping they were going to make a run through Terminal Island and some of the industrials areas. The destruction was pretty weak. I was hoping for container ships to be washed up on the shore broken open. Hitting the ocean on a sailboat would have been the way to go. Maybe head to Avalon, spit on their hands and hoist the black flag.

If you have the supplies, the desert isn't a bad option. We used to go camping out there near Baker, California all the time. Tons of abandoned mines and some cabins. Even in the middle of the summer, the mines are like 75 degrees year round.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 7:54:24 AM EDT
[#22]
This show is terrible.  I watched the first 3-4 episodes on a plane ride yesterday.  Nothing happens.  Just a few sheeple in a military camp.

They are sort of showing the weak metro people will be in trouble, but at the same time they are promoting being weak and metro.  Just listen to the .gov.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

This show is terrible.  I watched the first 3-4 episodes on a plane ride yesterday.  Nothing happens.  Just a few sheeple in a military camp.

They are sort of showing the weak metro people will be in trouble, but at the same time they are promoting being weak and metro.  Just listen to the .gov.
View Quote
That's not exactly how the rest of the season plays out. . .

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#24]
I suppose after this week I need to transition out of TWD thread and back to the FTWD thread.

I hope this season takes it up a notch... and hopefully the entire season isn't Fear the Floating Farm.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I suppose after this week I need to transition out of TWD thread and back to the FTWD thread.

I hope this season takes it up a notch... and hopefully the entire season isn't Fear the Floating Farm.
View Quote
Exactly! I do enjoy the idea of seeing it all unfold. It can be slow, but it seems to have potential!

Link Posted: 4/3/2016 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#26]
I haven't watched the series in a couple of months.  Its not everything I want but its still enjoyable.  I like watching downtown fall apart.  It seems realistic, that the zombie plague could thrive in the chaos.

I like how they tackled some of the basic issues, such as Not All Knives are zombie killers.  Not all shotgun rounds are suitable for zombie defense (I still think birdshot will kill a zombie).  Now they are going to get to a boat.   A boat without sails, but still a boat.  In California I can see the boat being a issue, there are a lot of boats, defense from pirates, fuel, limited space and food, etc. With sails they could move away from land and be more defensive, but the lack of zombie interaction would bore everyone.

Lack of guns is going to be a issue.  So far the Californian's have left several guns behind.  Mistakes they should be regretting.

Ruben Blade's character is the only one willing to make hard decisions.  

Druggie kid is use to living outside of society, like Darryl, but without he hunting, weapons and tracking skills.  My guess is that the kid knows how to steal and pick locks etc.

Sister social justice warrior is doomed.  She is smart which is a plus, but emotional like all high schoolers.  Unless she evolves quickly, she will fail big time...screaming....

Brown headed step child will be nothing but problems.  Evolution seems to be hard for the emotional and the stupid, which high school student are.

Mom is changing, thats good.  Dad, he seems more wishie washie then his new wife.

Mr Business Man seems wide eyed and open to the changing world.  He seems open to change.  He also has little loyalty to the world and the people he is currently with.  Which seems to be the appropriate attitude for survival.  He will learn to adapt.  That being said, I don't find him interesting and he is obviously sociopathic.

Should be interesting...I guess I will watch

EDIT: I OWN PAGE 8
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Not wth an edit you don't
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm actually kinda excited about the new season...

While I like TWD.... I like Zombie movies & series that build up and show shit hitting the fan in the beginning of the outbreak.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#29]
I am impressed by the new season. Sucking and blowing at the same time is an accomplishment.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I am impressed by the new season. Sucking and blowing at the same time is an accomplishment.
View Quote

It is remarkable just how underwhelming they have made the end of the world.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Queue the "well...bye" meme for me and Fear The Walking Dead. I gave it a try but I hate all of the characters and it's nowhere near as good as TWD.

Game of Thrones is back on Sunday nights and I only have so much time for TV shows.

I'm out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#32]
I now record it on the DVR and only consider watching when I'm bored and nothing else worth watching is on.  Barely worth watching anymore.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Their boat got taken over by two millennials and a pregnant teenager armed only with a 5 shot .38.

8 million plus combat veterans in this country and THESE are the retards that survive the zombie apocalypse???????

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Their boat got taken over by two millennials and a pregnant teenager armed only with a 5 shot .38.

8 million plus combat veterans in this country and THESE are the retards that survive the zombie apocalypse???????

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. Agreed. The writers suck. I would love to see a series written by someone who is "switched on". I had high hopes for Delta Zulu (from a tech standpoint), I haven't seen anything resembling a US release though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Agreed it has just gone from bad to worse to down right stupid!
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Agreed it has just gone from bad to worse to down right stupid!
View Quote

I agree.  My kids and I are huge fans and we agree that it is now predictably cheesy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#37]
The dialogue and many of the scenes in this show are flat out terrible.

Kid that plays Chris is just a bad actor, not to mention his character is terribly unlikable. It's been about 2 months and he's gone off the deep end for no apparent reason, and then goes all cliche "just let me go, I'm sick, wah wah". Just die already kid, you look like a sissy and don't sell the idea that you're a nutjob whatsoever. You don't even look like you'd have the strength to stab yourself, let alone another person.

Nick, I kinda like the idea of you, but come on, it's been maybe 2 months and "I'm just so tired of all the killing". Sorry, you haven't been in combat for 3 tours, you haven't even killed an actual person yet, and you missed most of that stuff by hopping on the boat, STFU. And this line "She was right, we destroy everything" - get the fuck out of here and join the voluntary human extinction movement you California commie.

Alycia looks too done up all the time for this being the end of the world. She's high school drama eye candy and nothing more.

Travis is beta as fuck.

They try way too hard to make Madison appear to be the strongest character in the show, especially at the expense of any of the men in the group having a backbone (except the one black guy ofc, cause having strong non-minority males in a show would be taboo these days).

Ruben is the only guy I genuinely like.

The whole show just sucks and reeks of progressive shite to me. From a mental standpoint it's like they skipped straight from barely escaping a dying city to 2 years into the apocalypse in terms of wear and tear on their psyche. I'm only watching this because my wife seems to enjoy it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well

They buddy fucked the soldiers in season 1
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 5:47:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Show sucks balls.  Makes TWD look good in comparison.

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

The dialogue and many of the scenes in this show are flat out terrible.

Kid that plays Chris is just a bad actor, not to mention his character is terribly unlikable. It's been about 2 months and he's gone off the deep end for no apparent reason, and then goes all cliche "just let me go, I'm sick, wah wah". Just die already kid, you look like a sissy and don't sell the idea that you're a nutjob whatsoever. You don't even look like you'd have the strength to stab yourself, let alone another person.

Nick, I kinda like the idea of you, but come on, it's been maybe 2 months and "I'm just so tired of all the killing". Sorry, you haven't been in combat for 3 tours, you haven't even killed an actual person yet, and you missed most of that stuff by hopping on the boat, STFU. And this line "She was right, we destroy everything" - get the fuck out of here and join the voluntary human extinction movement you California commie.

Alycia looks too done up all the time for this being the end of the world. She's high school drama eye candy and nothing more.

Travis is beta as fuck.

They try way too hard to make Madison appear to be the strongest character in the show, especially at the expense of any of the men in the group having a backbone (except the one black guy ofc, cause having strong non-minority males in a show would be taboo these days).

Ruben is the only guy I genuinely like.

The whole show just sucks and reeks of progressive shite to me. From a mental standpoint it's like they skipped straight from barely escaping a dying city to 2 years into the apocalypse in terms of wear and tear on their psyche. I'm only watching this because my wife seems to enjoy it.
View Quote

I agree, I keep finding myself going, "WTF was the motivation for that?"

And what the hell got cut with Nick going to find that son?  That came out of nowhere.

Ruben Blades was the only one who had his shit together at all, now gone.  I guess I can see the justification for that, but they took what should have been a slow decent, and did it in two episodes. It looked like they filmed for a 2 hour season final and then found out they only had 1 hour.

I had high tried to get into this show, but it makes it very, very hard to get connected. I was hoping for a lot more of coping and failure, rather than just lame failure without trying.

Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:08:03 AM EDT
[#41]
The mid-season finale was pretty bad.

Johnny Dope's hippy bullshit didn't help at all. It was lame that the Mexican woman just walked into the cage to get eaten. It was absolutely retarded how the old guy just chose to die in a fire--even though he was so worried about his daughter hours earlier. His hallucinations were executed poorly.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#42]
I found myself rooting for the zombies.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone else gonna watch tonight?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#44]
DVRing it.

The graphic art for the show is awesome.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Run Forrest RUN!
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:49:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I gotta laugh at myself for continuing to watch a show that sucks this hard.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#47]
I was originally looking forward to seeing their take on how the zombie plague began, but now it is just a Latino Soap Opera.  I was really disappointed with Talking Dead when they focused on all the Mexican beliefs about death, etc.  While that is interesting in one sense, that is NOT what the show was originally sold as.  

Not sure how much longer I am going to be able to waste on this show......
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I was originally looking forward to seeing their take on how the zombie plague began, but now it is just a Latino Soap Opera.  I was really disappointed with Talking Dead when they focused on all the Mexican beliefs about death, etc.  While that is interesting in one sense, that is NOT what the show was originally sold as.  

Not sure how much longer I am going to be able to waste on this show......
View Quote

Lol....I was thinking the same thing....glad it's basically a Mexican telenovela set in post apocalypse....wondering when.English is.getting.thw subtitles ans Spanish the main language?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Shucks, I thought this last one was the best episode of the show so far.  Johnny Dope is a real survivor.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#50]
GOOD

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top