Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/18/2012 2:06:10 PM EDT
Can somebody enlighten me as to why we have not as of yet seen ANY ar's in the walking dead? I mean we've seen a real good mix of handguns and shotguns but no ar's, just wondering why thats all.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea I was wondering the samething.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#2]
PC bull.  They are scary icky black rifles.   Thats it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Because there is no hammer to cock, or slide to rack.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#4]
The Walking Dead takes place 30+ days after the apocalypse.

All the AR's have broke already.

Link Posted: 3/18/2012 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Walking Dead takes place 30+ days after the apocalypse.

All the AR's have broke already.

I surprised they didn't find more AKs when they go dumpster diving all the time.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I have wondered why they never went to an armory to get weapons.
Seems a minigun would work somewhat better than a revolver,especially in the last empisode at the barn.
A few grenades, RPGs, claymores, would work wonders.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Seems a minigun would work somewhat better than a revolver,especially in the last empisode at the barn.

The shotgun with endless ammo isn't good enough.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure there were plenty of m4/m16 rifles laying around the CDC....plus the Dr at the CDC had one....he mentioned there were some laying around, so why wouldn't they arm themselves better?????  I don't get it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This.

Which is stupid but w/e
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#10]
It's pretty much been summed up. But from a practical standpoint, I couldn't well drive by a 240 Bravo with a belt hanging out of it and not grab it. Then again if we're talking sensible instead of rolling in a POS motorhome and a crossover, I'd have long swiped an uparmored humvee. So what if your surrounded. combat lock and wait till they get bored. Oh well if it becomes a reality, just look for me flying through the countryside in my M3.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I have ranted about this so much I dont even feel like talking about it anymore the show is full of fail
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 10:39:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's pretty much been summed up. But from a practical standpoint, I couldn't well drive by a 240 Bravo with a belt hanging out of it and not grab it. Then again if we're talking sensible instead of rolling in a POS motorhome and a crossover, I'd have long swiped an uparmored humvee. So what if your surrounded. combat lock and wait till they get bored. Oh well if it becomes a reality, just look for me flying through the countryside in my M3.

The crossover makes sense though. They don't want to stop for gas every twenty miles.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 12:11:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

because they would have to travel all the way to Massachusetts to the set of "falling skies" and locate the one national guard armory that is apparently stocking RPG 7s, which were then specifically labeled "standard army issue bazookas"...

yes, i read the 80 page comic but they did a horrible job in that aspect, they need to hire a gun guy to sit in on the editing process...

K.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 4:13:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ehh I'd leave the 240b and go with a 240 Lima, Or a MK48

I wouldn't want a humvee tho too cramped and lets be honest they wouldn't get "bored" you would die in it once it was locked...

Personally I'd rather have a Bradley
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:29:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha thats true herschel must have fired 20 or 30 times in a row.... Giving the benefit of the doubt that he reloaded when the camera wasnt on him at one point he shot atleast 10 rounds before reloading. It was pretty stupid i must admit...
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:37:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha thats true herschel must have fired 20 or 30 times in a row.... Giving the benefit of the doubt that he reloaded when the camera wasnt on him at one point he shot atleast 10 rounds before reloading. It was pretty stupid i must admit...

just think if he had the Josey Wales pistol, or the winchester from army of darkness ash uses in the end.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:43:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I would rather have a mighty 10/22 than an AR against zombies.

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 6:30:30 AM EDT
[#18]
If they had AR's lastnight the farm would be fine I guess it'd be to easy. There were m4's on the ground at the CDC but they walked right by them
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 6:33:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Great more .223 and 5.56 laying around for me! And i can pick up your 10/22 off your dead body when ur little pea shooter cant get the job done....
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 7:51:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great more .223 and 5.56 laying around for me! And i can pick up your 10/22 off your dead body when ur little pea shooter cant get the job done....

Round placement is everything
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm sure there were plenty of m4/m16 rifles laying around the CDC....plus the Dr at the CDC had one....he mentioned there were some laying around, so why wouldn't they arm themselves better?????  I don't get it.

This has been something that has annoyed me since the beginning.  Even worse is their choice in vehicles.  Why in the hell would anyone with half a brain be driving around in a 30 year old sack of shit Winnebago or a 10 year old Furd Taurus when there are brand new trucks and RVs all over the highway?  Hell, my truck is only a year old and I'd ditch it at the Dodge dealership and drive off with a nice new loaded Cummins.  

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats because you're in the UK and can't have semi-auto ARs.

AR >> 10/22 any day of the week.

I could pop caps in zombies all day long, 12" barrel and suppressor,  while you're all drawing the hordes to your location with all that unnecessary muzzle blast.

Then if I need to run, my weapon is light and so is my ammo load.

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could pop caps in zombies all day long, 12" barrel and suppressor,  while you're all drawing the hordes to your location with all that unnecessary muzzle blast.

This is entirely unrelated to the ZPAW... but what's a good way to prevent lead fouling in a 10/22? I love the 60gr Aguila SSS, but I imagine they foul something fierce.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is entirely unrelated to the ZPAW... but what's a good way to prevent lead fouling in a 10/22? I love the 60gr Aguila SSS, but I imagine they foul something fierce.

Lead fouling is what keeps it accurate, I don't clean the barrel beyond a quick pull through to remove debris after I've cleaned the chamber. The action gets a clean every 1000 rounds whether it needs it or not.

I use this ammo for indoor and CCI minimag for plinking at cans and bottles. CCI minimag is about $120/1000, the lapua stuff around $140/1000.

Back to the thread...

Here you can see the IDF switch to the Ruger 10/22 for serious anti-zombie work. Y'know when the M-4 just can't cut it

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Wasn't the CDC full of sleeping zombies?  I thought they started coming around when they were nearing the CDC, I forget about when they were fleeing it.

Maybe that pack of 30+ guys they're afraid of are all geared up with AR's.  Watch e'm all be wearing AR15.com Baseball caps & Tshirts
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone notice Shane cock his Glock before his tussle with Rick? Funny sound effects are funny
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Anyone notice Shane cock his Glock before his tussle with Rick? Funny sound effects are funny

I hate that, in films and TV they always put that click in when someone is using a Glock, like they've thumbed off some non-existent external safety

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah crippling zombies is more sporting than dropping them in their tracks.

The IDF no longer use the 10/22... It was originally intended as non-lethal weapon to use on rioters and such.
They had to withdraw it after they found the Ruger was making too many kills.
Silent, but deadly, like a zombie's farts...

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

just think if he had the Josey Wales pistol, or the winchester from army of darkness ash uses in the end.
or they were using mini shot shells....  

link

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate that, in films and TV they always put that click in when someone is using a Glock, like they've thumbed off some non-existent external safety

And why does everyone on the shows carry a semi-auto pistol ON EMPTY!!!! WTF is that?? What point is a safe action pistol without a round in the chamber..... "wait fucker, don't shoot me, let me rack the slide first to put a round in before you shoot me"....... Argh... ticks me off.

Anyway, that silenced 10/22 in the pic above is AWESOME.... I want one!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And why does everyone on the shows carry a semi-auto pistol ON EMPTY!!!! WTF is that?? What point is a safe action pistol without a round in the chamber..... "wait fucker, don't shoot me, let me rack the slide first to put a round in before you shoot me"....... Argh... ticks me off.

Anyway, that silenced 10/22 in the pic above is AWESOME.... I want one!!

I dont remember what WW2 movies it was, but the guy had been in a gunfight for a few moments with his 1911 and never needed to reload (derp #1).  Then he comes across some guy and has to pull the hammer back (camera handn't left the guy since his last shot, so hammer should have already been back) before shooting (derp #2).  My head nearly exploded.

As for why no ARs...... ummm... they aren't in the script?  
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#35]
AMC is an anti-gun media outlet.

To them, ARs are scary, evil, baby killing, cop exploding, for army only 50cal machine cannons that should never be in the hands of anyone but authority figures.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Can somebody enlighten me as to why we have not as of yet seen ANY ar's in the walking dead? I mean we've seen a real good mix of handguns and shotguns but no ar's, just wondering why thats all.

There's one in Season 1, Episode 6.  The scientist at the CDC comes out with an M4.

Now why they haven't been stripping the fallen troops, I have no idea.  They could have at least a couple of M2's welded up to their trucks/jeeps by now!
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Maybe next season, when they get to the prison, They'll upgrade to Mini 14s. Probably only have 20 round mags though.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Maybe next season, when they get to the prison, They'll upgrade to Mini 14s. Probably only have 20 round mags though.

I have a feeling they are going to upgrade to a angry black lady with a Katana and two worthless assistants.  That trumps an AR any day.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could pop caps in zombies all day long, 12" barrel and suppressor, while you're all drawing the hordes to your location with all that unnecessary muzzle blast.

Lead fouling is what keeps it accurate, I don't clean the barrel beyond a quick pull through to remove debris after I've cleaned the chamber. The action gets a clean every 1000 rounds whether it needs it or not.

I use this ammo for indoor and CCI minimag for plinking at cans and bottles. CCI minimag is about $120/1000, the lapua stuff around $140/1000.

Back to the thread...

Here you can see the IDF switch to the Ruger 10/22 for serious anti-zombie work. Y'know when the M-4 just can't cut it

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg149/scaled.php?server=149&filename=0003ze.jpg&res=medium

Does the "Cook" behind the guy on the left get some trigger time too?

Link Posted: 3/21/2012 8:18:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's one in Season 1, Episode 6.  The scientist at the CDC comes out with an M4.

Now why they haven't been stripping the fallen troops, I have no idea.  They could have at least a couple of M2's welded up to their trucks/jeeps by now!

IMHO if the troops had been over run and eaten, then they'd probably run out of ammo.

Rick did take the M9 from the zombified tanker in season 1 and in the last season he did take the weapons from the 2 marauders he shot in the bar.

If they had M4s and .50 M2s then it would be a cosy catastrophe and there's no good television there.

A constant state of desperate panic will keep me watching.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMHO if the troops had been over run and eaten, then they'd probably run out of ammo.

Rick did take the M9 from the zombified tanker in season 1 and in the last season he did take the weapons from the 2 marauders he shot in the bar.

If they had M4s and .50 M2s then it would be a cosy catastrophe and there's no good television there.

exactly, i mean if they had a secure compound and were rollling around in hummers with a 50 cal on top and everyone had m4s in hand it would be cool for one episode then get real lame as they slaughter ever zombie ibnstantly, instead they have crap weapons, theyre always low on ammo, gas is hard to find, the vehicles constantly break down and in general everything is a cinematic struggle for survival.
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

exactly, i mean if they had a secure compound and were rollling around in hummers with a 50 cal on top and everyone had m4s in hand it would be cool for one episode then get real lame as they slaughter ever zombie ibnstantly, instead they have crap weapons, theyre always low on ammo, gas is hard to find, the vehicles constantly break down and in general everything is a cinematic struggle for survival.

Because nobody in a zombie movie has ever seen a zombie movie.  I'd be picking up ammo left and right.  223 Ammo, and .22 ammo.  Shotgun?  Too much weight, too few rounds in mag.  If you have a poor shooter in your group, maybe they can hump the shotgun with all that ammo, but not me.  Rather have the range of a good 20" AR thsn the blast effect of a 10 yard shotgun.  And, this is rural Georgia, right.  Any GA members here?  how many towns do you have to go through before U find a gunshop?  I mean, really...
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because nobody in a zombie movie has ever seen a zombie movie.  I'd be picking up ammo left and right.  223 Ammo, and .22 ammo.  Shotgun?  Too much weight, too few rounds in mag.  If you have a poor shooter in your group, maybe they can hump the shotgun with all that ammo, but not me.  Rather have the range of a good 20" AR thsn the blast effect of a 10 yard shotgun.  And, this is rural Georgia, right.  Any GA members here?  how many towns do you have to go through before U find a gunshop?  I mean, really...

I'm in Southern GA and there is a gun shop is pretty much every town in every direction
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

they have crap weapons, theyre always low on ammo, gas is hard to find, the vehicles constantly break down and in general everything is a cinematic struggle for survival.

Damn, that pretty much sums up everday life around here lately.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#46]
They passed up a few M1 Abrams too, it would have fit nicely in the barn.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
PC bull.  They are scary icky black rifles.   Thats it.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#49]
I am glad I am not alone thinking this. When they were at cdc and there were all the dead army dudes. There were m4s all over the place and I was screaming at them to pick them up!
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 3:57:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Lmfao Everybody knows that 95% of the shows audience thinks M16's/Ar-15's are Government and LEO only
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top