Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/31/2010 3:47:01 PM EDT
I love the pictures of every ones weapon arsenal but what if SHTF and you have to grab a gun and run what do you take obviously not 20 guns

for me Im grabbing my AR, Glock 19 a knife and what ever ammo I can carry i really need a tactical vest or something like it though
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:26:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2010 4:30:10 PM EDT by proto_moose]
BOB (contents include 2 magnesium fire starters, 4 days provisions for two(energy bars), paracord, 2 knives (tactical and suvival), 2 ponchos, fishing gear, 270 rds 5.56(all in magazines), 100 rds 9mm(45 in magazines), 50rds .380, 6 12 hour light sticks, first aid kit, roll of electrical tape, 8 36" zip ties, 50 7.5" zip ties, led flashlight with 3 sets of battery changes, mini hand crank led flashlight), my M4, beretta 92fs, kel-tec p3at(pocket gun). That's what I can carry.

ETA: Wife might carry more, my Remington 870 and about 50 rds(25 deer slugs and 25 #4) if I can convince her. + camelbak
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 6:05:32 PM EDT
I have to set up more things but it'd be my AK, my XD9 on my hip and my 870 over my back. Belt with pistol and pistol mags plus Ka-bar. Shoulder bag with 4-30rd AK mags, 2-16rd XD mags and a G2 flashlight.

I have to set up more convenient ways of carrying ammo and supplies. My two BOBs right now are set up more for "there's a fire GTFO!" than long term, especially since I have no set location to go right now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 6:11:02 PM EDT
I wear a tinfoil hat.

I keep nine XD .45 mags loaded, FLC has 10 30 rd (28rdds per) for AR. BOB x2 thrown in Pilot. Pilot has ammo can with 500 rds .45, spare parts kit, 6 more loaded mags two cases waterr, BOV kit....

Where am I going. No FREAKIN CLUE...just away!
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 7:05:48 PM EDT
Very Long Shower! Might be a loooon time until you get another.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:01:08 PM EDT
I'll grab the CamelBak HAWG, already loaded with everything I need for shelter, water, food and other items. Along with that, goes the Spike's Tactical M4, and my Blackhawk vest, with 12 30 round AR mags, and 80 rounds on strippers.
My S&W Model 63 .22 LR revolver, and brick of Federals for those close shots has a place, as well as my Randall #14 fighting knife. Rounding things out, is my Damascus steel Langsax, 22 inches of razor sharp Zombie vaccine.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:00:24 PM EDT
VZ-58 , Beretta 92FS, Buck Folder, BOB/hiking bag,
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:22:00 PM EDT
Ak for me with the 870 on my back, and the .357 pistol. Thats if it was just me. With the family someone would get my ar, and some other pistols/rifles. I need a larger selection, being 19 ftl. lol
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 12:52:26 AM EDT
I'm actually in the process of building a bugout kit for myself I don't have anything but the weapons figured out yet pretty much.

Right now it consists of a Chicom chest rig and man-purse, and a US belt with the Y suspenders with the weapons being one of my 5.45 Saiga converted to pistol grip configuration and IMI Jericho in .40 for a sidearm.
Total loadout is so far:

360 rounds of steel core 7N6 5.45x39
72 rounds of Winchester Ranger 155gr .40 JHP

2 canteens for water
Buck 110 folding knife
Light for rifle with spare batteries (also signals SOS in morse)
Compass
Batteries for Kobra red dot for AK
50ft paracord
Ontario survival knife w/ stone
Field bandages
Small notepad with a few pens

I hope to get a good backpack soon for things like a few MRE's (with unimportant stuff removed), trioxane, some spare ammo maybe (depends on weight), spare socks, and maybe a jug for water (once again depends on weight).

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:10:13 AM EDT
On me right now, I have:
Rock River Entry Tact. AR15
4 loaded Pmags
Police/Swat Baton.
Germ-X
Winchester folding pocket knife.
2 umbrellas
AR500 target steel in the back of the car
2001 Suzuki Vitara

Unfortunately, I have to make my way outside of work, and about 200 ft to the parking lot.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:04:11 AM EDT

SHTF Time to bug out what do you take

No time? Toss pets in a couple of carriers, jump in the truck, and leave. Got 15-30 min - do the same but hook up the trailer. Got a few hours - do a massive loadout with all food, water, fuel, guns/ammo, other preps going. But that would take more than 1 small truck with trailer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:08:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By kar98k:

SHTF Time to bug out what do you take

No time? Toss pets in a couple of carriers, jump in the truck, and leave. Got 15-30 min - do the same but hook up the trailer. Got a few hours - do a massive loadout with all food, water, fuel, guns/ammo, other preps going. But that would take more than 1 small truck with trailer.

This is why I am not an animal lover, they get in the way. BUT in the long run, could be used as a good distraction as a getaway.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 1:14:03 PM EDT
A majority of my plan is to Bug In but if I am forced to Bug Out my choices are easy.

Now:
Rifle: PS90 USG w/ factory sight
Pistol: Glock 19

If Zday can wait a few months:
Rifle: SBR PS90 USG w/ Suppressor, 1.5x16 Acog + RMR at 1 O'clock, TLR 2
Pistol: FN FiveseveN + TLR 2
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 1:30:31 PM EDT
Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:23:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JeffTheOtherDude:
Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner

sounds like a line from the Movie "Heat"
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:36:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2010 10:27:11 PM EDT by kar98k]

That works in a movie or an adventure novel, but it's a pretty sad way to have to live your life.

True, most "stuff" is just stuff and can be replaced later. But the people and animals that share our lives deserve a bit better. That's not to say that if it was between me or a pet I wouldn't choose me. But given the choice I'm not leaving the animal to waste away locked in the house with no chance of survival.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:03:31 PM EDT
Like a lot of other posters, time is going to be a big factor.
Oh shit they are coming through the door: both AR's,AK copy, all 3 Glocks, my wife's USP , Mossberg 590.If things are this bad we would most likely have tactical gear on anyway.All three GHB's have food and med kits plus basic survival gear, but if things were this severe more would obviously be packed.My oldest son lives with me now, so that's one more gun/person to help carry the load.In this situation we would most likely be on foot; sad to say the dogs would have to be left behind.
Zeds coming in 1 hour: all of the above plus GP100 and Ruger MK 2,all spare ammo not just what we can carry,as much food as we can intelligently fit in the V70,basic tools and spare clothing.Dogs would be coming along.
A couple of hours to 1 day:The question for me is how many vehicles to take.Would it be worth it to split up to take another vehicle in order to carry more gear?I'd rather forgo a few luxuries for better security, but a spare vehicle could come in handy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:16:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Evile:
I love the pictures of every ones weapon arsenal but what if SHTF and you have to grab a gun and run what do you take obviously not 20 guns

for me Im grabbing my AR, Glock 19 a knife and what ever ammo I can carry i really need a tactical vest or something like it though

I'd suggest getting a glock 23 and a 9mm conversion barrel. Same mags, two common cop calibers, easier to scrounge. I'd get whatever amazing upper you'd like in 5.56mm and hoping to run across a military dropped FA lower. Tactical vest attracts a lot of attention. A simple backpack does not.

Personally? I'd grab a suppressed handgun in a common caliber, and probably a self loading battle rifle (M1/M1A/FAL/G3...ect). Good hat. Need a good hat. A breathable rain jacket or a snow coat depending on the season and location. Seven pair of redhead lifetime guarantee wool socks and the most comfortable pair of boots you own. A small fixed blade knife: 3"-4" with a gut hook. A steel and flint fire starter. Some steel wool and a 9v battery. A compass. Toilet paper. Scarf, or bandanna, or face covering. Gloves. Bandage and bottle of aspirin. Nagaline bottle, 32oz preferable.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:15:52 PM EDT
I have Blackhawk EOD vests and Condor 3 Day Assualt backpacks ready for me and my wife. Both vests have 6 AR 30 round mags, pistol mags, flashlight, cleaning kit, multitool, fixed blade knife, basic essentials for each of us. My web belt carries a drop leg serpa for my XDM and 2 extra mags aswell as a drop leg platform on the other side with 24 12ga shells in 2 pouches. Her web belt carries her Sig P239 and 2 extra mags. The backpacks contain survival gear, food, toiletries, fire, medical gear, change of clothes. Mine is bigger and heavier with a tent and FN shotgun strapped to it. If we are able to take a vehicle my Suburban has alot more in containers in the back.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:04:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2010 6:05:36 AM EDT by Aurktman]
Sling my Mossberg 500 over my back one direction, sling the AR over the other, strap on my Glock 17, shove my nickel 1911 in my pocket, grab my tac bag with every ounce of ammo I have in one hand, and my CETME in the other.

I might take my EAA 45LC as a last ditch and coup de grace gun though...

Wife will probably take her People magazines, iPod, and a gallon of Splenda sweetened ice tea. She has her priorities, but I gotta say that it is much easier killing zombies after a cool refreshing drink of Splenda-sweetened ice tea!
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:25:10 AM EDT
Well, I'd toss on my "light" plate carrier (just has LVL 2 soft armor and mag carriers, no plates) as it has three 30's on it and two 9mm mags, grab my "go" bag (two more 30's, plus 9mm mags, lights, spare batteries, energy bars, full first aid kit, knives, lighter, paracord, and other stuff), put on my war belt (two more 30's, two more 9mm mags, ifac, util puch, Safariland drop-leg for one of my Berettas), Beretta M9 with threaded barrel, AAC Phantom, M4 with ACOG, Surefire, and AAC M4-2000. I'd set my wife up with one of my other war belts with a Safariland dop-leg for the Glock 19 plus mag carriers, and would probably have her take the CMMG .22 AR with Trijicon Reflex and AAC Pilot.

I figure this way we can dispatch zeds without bringing more to us. If the paperwork clears soon, I'll have an AAC Aviator to go with the Pilot, then I'll have two 22 cans and could bring a 22 pistol or the 10-22 with scope suppressed.

Also, don't really care about the armor in the above situation, already have the light armor in the vest. Just grabbing it for the mag carrying ability. If I need to go heavy, I've got a carrier with LVL III SAPI plates and six mags on it as well.

Depending on time I"d grab as much ammo and food as possible. Would head to BOL. More ammo, firearms, and food wait at the BOL.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:55:17 AM EDT
I'd grab my G19, AR-15, and my BOB. I have the BOB already packed and ready. Next the wife unit and I would toss all of the gear into the F-350 ( which is never parked at home with less than 3/4 tank of fuel ) and head out. Next I would stop buy the neighbors house and pick up his wife ( SHE IS HOT !!!!!!!!––uh sorry no pics for obvious reasons ) Then the three of us would head on to a safer place......My concern is that her husband is not home at the time of pickup...May have to allow a few seconds to deal with that. He is a anti-gun PUSSY! After that ..well uh....I'll keep ya posted
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:29:24 PM EDT
HK USP .45, RRA Entry Tactical AR, and Winchester 1300 Defender with pistol grip, BOB, and Blackhawk Tac vest loaded down with AR mags. Wifey and I can be out the door with all of this in under a minute with her STILL saying "you're overreacting", all the way to the BOV.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:36:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Evile:

lol what about food, water, survival equipment?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:38:10 PM EDT

good ol HEAT lol
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:36:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Aurktman:
Sling my Mossberg 500 over my back one direction, sling the AR over the other, strap on my Glock 17, shove my nickel 1911 in my pocket, grab my tac bag with every ounce of ammo I have in one hand, and my CETME in the other.

I might take my EAA 45LC as a last ditch and coup de grace gun though...

Wife will probably take her People magazines, iPod, and a gallon of Splenda sweetened ice tea. She has her priorities, but I gotta say that it is much easier killing zombies after a cool refreshing drink of Splenda-sweetened ice tea!

You ever try to run with that much hardware on? 3 long guns? Two handguns and a Tac Bag?
Bro not to bag on you but unless you re built like a NFL Athlete your gonna be zombie chow in 200 meters.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:35:11 AM EDT
my quick grab and go bag has:
basic medical supplies w/a blowout kit
6 AR mags
3 Glock 21 mags
2 BIC's
Roll duct tape
Leatherman
Boker folder
4 AA's
100' paracord
2 Mylar blankets
1 pr Blackhawk gloves
Fenix tac light
Grab the AR in a 2pt sling and the Glock and out the door in 60 sec.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:22:18 AM EDT
That's funny about the neighbor wife.... I tell my wife to be prepared for SHTF day +1. Because of my superior intellect, I may have to help repopulate with my genetic gifts... ROFLMAO.... She still looks at me rather suspiciously.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:34:04 AM EDT
Id try to pack up as much gear but as light as i could i wouldnt want to leave any guns or ammo behind you never know when you are going to need it. Being i dont know dick about making ammunition id have to find it.
Top Top