Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2009 2:14:07 PM EDT
Any percs to becoming a Patron Member of the NRA other than the membership card?
(I'm going to do it anyway but I need some good excuse to tell momma to justify the cost!)
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any percs to becoming a Patron Member of the NRA other than the membership card?
(I'm going to do it anyway but I need some good excuse to tell momma to justify the cost!)

For a definitive answer, I would refer you to www.nra.org  (Membership)

You could always tell momma that you want to assist the oldest civil rights organization in the Nation..if that doesn't sway her...shower her with presents this Christmas!!

Merry Christmas!

Joe

I've been there before I ever posted this question. Type Patron Membership Benefits in the search box and it comes up with nothing.
I would like some more information before I lay out the money for the Patron membership. I'm going to do it anyway simply because of the political clime we live in but it would be nice to know if I had some other benefit than just a card in my pocket and the hope my money is being well spent.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Please check you IM.

I would also suggest you call down to NRA HQ at 703-267-1000 or utilize www.NRAmemberservices.org or call 877-NRA-2000.

They should be able to assist.  

Joe

I got it figured out. I'll tell her I'll get the American Rifleman for life.
Plus discounts, etc on a lot of different things.
That should take care of her "What do you get out of it?"
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Direct Action, check out my new sig line. I signed up about 5 minutes ago.
A lifetime of American Rifleman is worth the extra cost!
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#7]
newest NRA Patron Member
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#8]
What are the benefits of *upgrading* from Life to Patron?

I was going to do it a few months ago when I got an upgrade letter in the mail, but I decided to upgrade my TSRA (Texas State Rifle Ass'n, the NRA state-level affiliate in Texas) from annual to Life first (it's only $400, and I'm doing it in four quarterly installments of $100).

Once that's out of the way and I'm "Life" in both, I will then upgrade from Life to Patron (and then ratchet up my TSRA membership to the next level, before upgrading my NRA level again).

ETA: I'm also going to "do it anyway," if for no other reason than it's "the right thing to do," but I was just curious.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was going to do it a few months ago when I got an upgrade letter in the mail, but I decided to upgrade my TSRA (Texas State Rifle Ass'n, the NRA state-level affiliate in Texas) from annual to Life first (it's only $400, and I'm doing it in four quarterly installments of $100).

Once that's out of the way and I'm "Life" in both, I will then upgrade from Life to Patron (and then ratchet up my TSRA membership to the next level, before upgrading my NRA level again).

ETA: I'm also going to "do it anyway," if for no other reason than it's "the right thing to do," but I was just curious.

You go from Life Member to Endowment Member to Patron to Benefactor.
The benefits of each level is pretty much the same. At the NRA convention at Phoenix last year they gave each level different color ribbons to wear. Wayne LaPierre came up and shook my hand and told me thanks for being an Endowment Member.
I plan on going to Charlotte this next year just for the heck of it. It's a lot of fun going to the NRA convention.
Heck, I'm even going to join another gun club just so the more members they have in an area, the better political stance we have.
I've dealt with state and national legislators on other issues besides guns. I'll tell you the only thing they really respect is number of voters and money.
The only real legacy I can leave the kids today is the right to keep and bear arms. Our businesses and gov't seem intent on letting illegal aliens take jobs away from our kids, shipping more and more jobs overseas, and lower our standard of living for future generations with huge debts, higher taxes, and lower paying jobs.
The best way I honestly believe to leave that legacy of the 2A is to support local gun clubs, state organizations, and the NRA.
That's reason enough to upgrade my membership.

ETA - Forgot to say this:
SUPPORT YOUR STATE RIFLE ASSOCIATION AND THE NRA!!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The benefits of each level is pretty much the same. At the NRA convention at Phoenix last year they gave each level different color ribbons to wear. Wayne LaPierre came up and shook my hand and told me thanks for being an Endowment Member.
I plan on going to Charlotte this next year just for the heck of it. It's a lot of fun going to the NRA convention.
Heck, I'm even going to join another gun club just so the more members they have in an area, the better political stance we have.
I've dealt with state and national legislators on other issues besides guns. I'll tell you the only thing they really respect is number of voters and money.
The only real legacy I can leave the kids today is the right to keep and bear arms. Our businesses and gov't seem intent on letting illegal aliens take jobs away from our kids, shipping more and more jobs overseas, and lower our standard of living for future generations with huge debts, higher taxes, and lower paying jobs.
The best way I honestly believe to leave that legacy of the 2A is to support local gun clubs, state organizations, and the NRA.
That's reason enough to upgrade my membership.

ETA - Forgot to say this:

well said!  
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I cant come up with any but doing it also.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I cant come up with any but doing it also.

I might wish I hadn't done it if Momma sees the credit card bill before I do.
I don't think she is going to buy the life long subscription thing.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

<snip>

Bah!  I had to fuck something up...

Link Posted: 1/16/2010 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Please check you IM.

I would also suggest you call down to NRA HQ at 703-267-1000 or utilize www.NRAmemberservices.org or call 877-NRA-2000.

Joe

So, what are the benifits in upgrading to Patron? Even though I'm a Life Member I've been giving this some thought as well.

Link Posted: 1/17/2010 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please check you IM.

Joe

So, what are the benifits in upgrading to Patron? Even though I'm a Life Member I've been giving this some thought as well.

Upgrading your membership in the NRA is called leaving a stronger 2A legacy for your children.
I don't have the same legacy my father had when he was growing up. But my son has the same legacy and 2A rights I do. I want to insure his children have those same rights that he and I do now.
The NRA is the best tool and means I know to insure that it stays that way.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Upgrading your membership in the NRA is called leaving a stronger 2A legacy for your children.

My solution was to get my oldest kiddo a life membership.  He really appreciates his 2nd Amendment rights and I am glad I got him one.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My solution was to get my oldest kiddo a life membership.  He really appreciates his 2nd Amendment rights and I am glad I got him one.

You did good.
I did the same for my son.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 5:57:00 AM EDT
[#20]
You Help the NRA and gun owners!
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Obama's eternal disapproval.

Link Posted: 2/17/2010 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#22]
This thread is full of WIN!
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#23]

This is a question that has been debated for years.  I believe if you ask the NRA, they will be hard pressed to come up with tangible, actual benefits.  Having said that, I believe there are benefits:

1.  Obviously, you have some level of belief that the organization and yourself have a mutual objective or goal since you became a life member in the first place.  As a life member you also realize you do not continue to support their activities through annual membership renewals; therefore, membership upgrades are a way to continue to support the organization.  The nice thing about an upgrade is you do it when it is convenient to you.  You can plan to upgrade.

2.  At the annual meetings, the NRA has upgrades available for less than the price of a normal life membership.  This makes it fairly easy to move up in levels.

3.  Others have mentioned you get special recognition at meeting and events.  It also works when you call Fairfax to have them do something.  And it is nice when you call them and they show you a different level of respect.

4.  I think the nicest benefit of all is the respect you get from fellow members - not always but enough of the time to let you stand a little taller, stick your chest out just a little further, and, more importantly, you can be proud of yourself for supporting the organization at the level you do.

IMHO some of the benefits.

Link Posted: 2/19/2010 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Upgrading my membership put me at great risk to life and limb.
I had to get to the mail box and get the credit card bills before my wife did or I would have been mud!
The one thing that I have gained from upgrading my membership in the NRA is knowing that I have put my money where my mouth is as far as protecting the 2A amendment for future generations.
We're handing the younger generation one hell of a burden in debt and a huge lack of opportunity to better their lives. I can't see having that happen and then denying them the rights to self preservation by letting them lose the ability to legally bear arms as individuals.
The NRA is the best avenue that gun owners in this country have to preserve that right.
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I had to get to the mail box and get the credit card bills before my wife did or I would have been mud!

The one thing that I have gained from upgrading my membership in the NRA is knowing that I have put my money where my mouth is as far as protecting the 2A amendment for future generations.

We're handing the younger generation one hell of a burden in debt and a huge lack of opportunity to better their lives. I can't see having that happen and then denying them the rights to self preservation by letting them lose the ability to legally bear arms as individuals.

The NRA is the best avenue that gun owners in this country have to preserve that right.

Cheers!  I went from life to endowment this year and I'll look to upgrade again this time next year.

Link Posted: 2/24/2010 12:25:16 AM EDT
[#26]

After upgrading our NRA memberships and upgrading to life at our own state orgs, using the list at this link might be the best way to figure which affiliates are most in need of our memberships next:

State Scorecard

Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I just took the "patron plunge" as well.  As always, money well spent.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheers!  I went from life to endowment this year and I'll look to upgrade again this time next year.

Same here just went from lifer to endowment

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#32]
HardShell, I hope that was your wife taking the picture!

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My solution was to get my oldest kiddo a life membership. He really appreciates his 2nd Amendment rights and I am glad I got him one.

You did good.
I did the same for my son.

I bought each of my children Life Memberships for their first birthday, along with their first rifle.

Here's Junior, my first, when he got his...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/HardShell/RWB%20Family/1stbdlm.jpg

You're one heck of a good guy!!!!
Thank you for helping to maintain freedom for your children and mine!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top