Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2017 3:20:59 PM EDT
I know Modern-Musket doesn't post here anymore, but we need our other resident board members to get the NRA headed in the right direction on this.

I've already expressed my displeasure with this issue, but will be surprised if I get anything other than the auto response I've already received.

NRA contact page.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm beginning to regret my decision to get a lifetime membership.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm beginning to regret my decision to get a lifetime membership.
View Quote
I'm a benefactor, and 6 months ago, bought life memberships for my son, daughter, and daughter-in-law.

I'm beyond pissed.

ETA:  I just mailed my quarterly donation to the ILA yesterday.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#3]
@SCDonttreadonme

Who do we need to get onto?
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Another very disappointed NRA member checking in.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm a benefactor, and 6 months ago, bought life memberships for my son, daughter, and daughter-in-law.

I'm beyond pissed.

View Quote
I just donated too, after Las Vegas. I'm getting ready to get ahold of the credit card right now in dispute that charge.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I just strolled over here to see if this normally quiet forum had heated up yet today....

And yes I think it was beyond dumb to concede ANYTHING prior to the investigative agencies making a detailed statement on the facts of this case. Thanks for fanning the flames NRA HQ.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just donated too, after Las Vegas. I'm getting ready to get under the credit card right now in dispute that charge.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm beyond pissed.

I just donated too, after Las Vegas. I'm getting ready to get under the credit card right now in dispute that charge.
Yep.

Gotta hit them in the wallet.  Apparently, it's the only thing they understand.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]
NRA, you just fucked yourselves pretty hard today.  Stand and fight?  Bull crap...duck and run is what you just did.  I guess you need more regulations now to keep existence justified because actually FIGHTING for more rights would reduce your being needed.  Endowment level member here saying “not another damned dime”.  Lapierre and Cox, GTFO
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#9]
IM a Patron and if this statement is trus the NRA can take their membersip and shove up their AZZ I will contact them and tell them to cancell it and never contact me again.

LINK
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
IM a Patron and if this statement is trus the NRA can take their membersip and shove up their AZZ I will contact them and tell them to cancell it and never contact me again.

LINK
View Quote
It's true.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#11]
What planet am I on when the NRA and Feinstein agree on something to do with gun control?

What the fuck NRA?
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#12]
STAND AND FIGHT*
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What planet am I on when the NRA and Feinstein agree on something to do with gun control?

What the fuck NRA?
View Quote
Oh, don't worry about it.  They'll fight it in the courts.  

Un Fucking Believable!!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Never getting a dime from me again, obviously no one is gonna fight for our rights anymore so I might as well keep the money in my pocket. FUCK YOU WAYNE
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
STAND AND FIGHT BEND OVER AND GRAB YOUR ANKLES*
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#16]
The NRA can kiss my ass I just sent them an email. In truth they have not done anything in years except give in to the government. There are more progun groups out there that stand for alot more than the NRA today.

The NRA is nothing but a money grubbing political group that uses fear to generate money for their pockets and having done nothing to earn it.

They are no better than Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.

They do nothing but keep the fear going to line their pockets.

This right here is proof of it once again.

They have just shot themselves in the foot. This will cost them millions in members right here.

The stock did not kill those people. A man did and the NRA IS BLAMING A STOCK NOT THE MAN.

They just fell into exactly what the left wanted them to do. The left knew that if they could get the NRA to agree with them on anything it would cost them members and millions and political power. Idiots...........they have out lived their usefulness.   They support bolt action rifles only now. Next it will be semi auto compromise then next.....then next.....the whole time asking for money.

ARCOM should kick the NRA off as a up and coming GUN REGULATION GROUP because they are certainly losing their pro gun status unless you shoot only a bolt action rifle. This is the beginning of the end of the NRA.

You mark my words here. Unless the antigun political leaders are outed in the NRA and new pro gun blood is installed.

I will be an anti NRA SPOKESMAN UNTIL THEY CHANGE
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm beyond pissed.

View Quote
Call your bank and cancel payment on the check.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm beyond pissed.

Credit card, but yea.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I have talked to quite a few ARFCOMMER’s and many have reached out to me. My phone blowing up with calls was actually my first clue that something had even happened. The NRA Board does not make the day to day decisions in the function of the Association, and this move was not made known to me before the public (I can’t speak for others).  I'm not happy that I did not know, but don't want to fly off the handle before I get details from the source. 

I am not a spokesperson for the NRA.  I work for the members.  My job is to listen to them, and give my input and advice internally.  And always paying my own way, never taking reimbursement, gifts, trips, et cetera, means I'm free to speak my mind. 

I am listening, reading and talking, as I have always done.  I have seen a thread where communicating with the Board was discussed and I strongly encourage you to do so, myself included.  We work for the members, not the NRA.

I'll post again when I'm able.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have talked to quite a few ARFCOMMER’s and many have reached out to me. My phone blowing up with calls was actually my first clue that something had even happened. The NRA Board does not make the day to day decisions in the function of the Association, and this move was not made known to me before the public (I can’t speak for others).  I'm not happy that I did not know, but don't want to fly off the handle before I get details from the source. 

I am not a spokesperson for the NRA.  I work for the members.  My job is to listen to them, and give my input and advice internally.  And always paying my own way, never taking reimbursement, gifts, trips, et cetera, means I'm free to speak my mind. 

I am listening, reading and talking, as I have always done.  I have seen a thread where communicating with the Board was discussed and I strongly encourage you to do so, myself included.  We work for the members, not the NRA.

View Quote
What does the board actually do then?  Does Wayne call all the shots without the board's input?
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Tell them to read the forums, check their emails, and look at the comments on NRA Facebook posts.  The members are pissed.

I'm Patron Life.  I am paying $25 a month on a benefactor life.  Waiting to see what the NRA does from here, but the die may have been cast already.  

If NRA backed gun control occurs you will no longer receive any further payments from me, ever.  I will use my life vote to try and remove every single sitting board member.  I also will be returning the NRA postage paid money solicitations they send with a letter expressing my distaste for this betrayal sans any funds.

If the Republicans pass any form of gun control, my voter registration is being changed to Libertarian and I will never vote for a candidate with R again.

The NRA and the Republican party wanna pick the hill to die on?  Fine, they can do it without me.  Gun control is the litmus test
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Another Benefactor Life Member here.  I am also feeling like a mushroom, fed crap and kept in the dark and all.

Whether it's the BOD or Senior Leadership, someone from the NRA needs to explain to the rank and file members what the hell their play is here.

I have not had any of my emails to various departments within the NRA answered and the call center reps have no idea what's happening either.

Like others here, my current expectations are simple:

1)  LaPierre and Cox; GTFO
2)  We don't cede an inch on any 2A issues
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 5:59:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Also Benefactor and fully agree with the above. Giving it a little more time before telling them tomcancel my membership and my wife’s membership. WLP and Cox, along with the idiots in DC Ryan and the turtle, folded like a rotten accordion....
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:02:49 AM EDT
[#24]
LaPierre and Cox need to go.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Also Benefactor and fully agree with the above. Giving it a little more time before telling them tomcancel my membership and my wife’s membership. WLP and Cox, along with the idiots in DC Ryan and the turtle, folded like a rotten accordion....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m just a meer life member but I agree as well.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Bumpfire will go the way of machine guns.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:57:10 AM EDT
[#27]
When did DeBergalis stop posting here? What rock have I been under?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 1:46:10 AM EDT
[#28]
So the NRA opens this can of worms with the same knee jerk reaction we see from the liberal crowd.

If anyone from the NRA is reading this...

-Bumpfire stocks are not required to simulate full auto fire

-A practiced shooter can bumpfire from the shoulder with no additional device

Way to go dummies... you just opened Pandora’s box by agreeing that any firearm that can replicate full auto fire should be regulated.

Case in point...no bumpstock....

Link Posted: 10/9/2017 1:47:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Bumpfire will go the way of machine guns.
View Quote
So will every other semi auto with the NRA taking this stance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top