Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2017 3:27:32 PM EDT
Has anyone setup a NRA University visit?  It's where the NRA conducts a seminar at your local college and is hosted by one of the student organizations.  I'm not a college student anymore, but wanted to talk to student organizations about the program.  I was going to talk to conservative, veterans, criminal justice, and polisci/law groups.  Also to entice them with a shooting session at the range after the seminar.

Any tips on how to set this up?  I've already talked to the NRA POC and their sending me some materials.

https://www.nraila.org/grassroots/nra-university/
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I was the faculty advisor for a campus carry-related student organization for about 5-6 years, and have some idea of how that process works.

We've tried to "get the band back together" several times over the years, but student orgs are tough (undergrads are a transient population, lol).

I'm also interested in the program you're talking about, so... 'tagged for interest'.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Update:

I originally wanted to have NRA Univ come down in October, but I've found it difficult to contact student groups so early in the school year.  My plan now is to push it back to March where the student groups will be established and there will be time to plan, and I'm hoping they can also hold a seminar at our local gun show.

So far I have 1 student veteran group and 1 libertarian group that is very interested, and another student vet group that is interested.

Another thing I'll try is to have our Friends of the NRA Banquet guest speaker talk to the groups during veterans day week.  Usually the NRA President flys in.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 5:55:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Updates.

Things are rolling along.  I got some volunteers to take the Univ of HI Young American's for Liberty group out to the range to shoot and also attend the hunting fishing day activities.  They all enjoyed it and are willing to help out.  In a few weeks the HI Pacific Univ Student Vets are hosting my gun rights seminar with our local HRA President and legislative representative speaking.  Then we'll do a vintage rifle shoot for them.

Next I have to get a student volunteer to be the NRA University representative to spread information about gun rights at the campus and to request the NRA University seminar next year.  Hopefully they can also do a seminar at the local gun show at the same time.  Also looking to have the reps trained to give the Refuse to be a Victim class on campus, the NRA gives out grants for these types of classes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top