Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2012 2:50:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2012 2:55:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Where are the carriers?  

And Putin has been moving the chess pieces around while Obama has been playing tin-pot dictator.
Link Posted: 9/7/2012 4:59:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 10:08:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: whick1] [#3]
Seems like something is about to happen. Had not heard about Russian sub in the Gulf that is a little too close for comfort if you ask me.

Dems are ripping Romney becuase he will designate  $2 trillion more in defense spending than the Pentagon is currently requesting but in my opinion we need that $$ to be building more carriers to replace our aging carriers like the Enterprise and either building more carrier capable planes that we already have like the F18 or expediting the F35 project in respose to the Chinese Blue Water Navy you speak of and those multi role jets that the Chinese have bought from he Russians. Our one fall back from basically the Battle of Midway until the present has been air superiority with great fighters such as the P51 Mustang and F15 we need to assure the US dominace in the air for the next generations or we are in trouble becuase it will be hard to match the boots on the ground that the Chinese and Russians can come with. We just do not have the man power to compete with that so we need as many force multipliers as possible and those cost $$$$

The situation in Israel is also very dicey. With the Muslin brotherhood coming into power in Egypt and Iran focusing on their nuclear ambitions I can see how Israel is on edge. This administartion is probably nieve enough to ignore it until a major war is inevitable. With Iran attacking from the East and Egypt from the west Israel would be in big trouble without major help from NATO for weapons, manpower and $$$

ETA for spelling.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By toemag:
Here's a link to the Sub story.

http://freebeacon.com/silent-running/

Tony

WOW!!!

This and the part about their planes entering in our airspace is crazy. Just when the current admin is cutting defense spending it is clear that we need improvements especially considering what seems to be Moscow flexing its might.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 3:05:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Lets throw some more volatile material into the mix.

US  Embassy in Libya ransacked and the US Ambassador Killed.

US Embassy in Egypt overrun by Islamist.

The WH seems to be lost as what to do.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/13/2012 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.thelocal.de/national/20120913-44955.html

This got my attention today .

Tony

link doesnt work now, what was it?
Link Posted: 9/15/2012 2:08:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Now we are getting threatened by Iran

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/iran-threatens-attacks-us-bases-event-war-17301499

But you hear nothing about this on the world news and neither one of our excellent presidential candidates have mentioned this. Pretty stupid of Iran to go public with this but I guess they think with this lame administartion it will scare them out of supporting Israel when the bombs start dropping. I am so tired of the world pushing us around.
We bomb Libya into submission for what was called to prevent a humanitarian disaster but when worse violence breaks out in Syria we are no where to be seen because Obama is afraid of Russia.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#14]
imho we had no business in libya, we have no business in syria, i personally dont like any of them, but America looks like a real asshole when we bomb countries that havnt attacked us yet or even pose a threat. had we just let gadaffi put down the libya uprising, 4 Americans including an ambassador would still be alive, and gas might be below $3.50. An attack on syria would easily push gas up another $.50 and God forbid we ever have to go to war with iran. you can kiss driving goodbye once that war breaks out not to mention a U.S. attack on syria or iran would spark WW3.

with what money are we going to pay for another war? we are broke and the rest of the world knows it. the dollar is being replaced in alot of countries, and it wont be long before it collapses on the course we are on.

im not siding with any of these countries, because yes they are enemies of the US, but the juice better be worth the squeeze, and right now id say it isnt. now the day iran gets nukes, which i would say in the next year or so, then its time seriously confront them.
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 3:00:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Iran may already have nukes, from it's BRIC trading partners, it never had to develop its own, this is just another hoodwinking roll tide.

Tony

If they don't then they are close.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top