Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 7/30/2017 3:51:10 PM EDT
How big was your pup at 6 months? My female is right at 40lbs and I'm curious at to how much more she's going to grow.

I just had her spayed last week. The vet really wanted me to breed her since her hips and elbows are some of the best she's seen, but hell no.

Pic was taken 4th of July weekend.

Link Posted: 7/31/2017 2:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Mals aren't "muscle" dogs.

Even our bigger/older males are pretty wiry..that's what makes them missiles with teeth.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not entirely sure why your vet would comment on her hips and elbows at 6 months old. An OFA evaluation can't be performed prior to 2 years of age, and that is what you use to properly evaluate joints for dysplasia.

Pretty girl, though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not entirely sure why your vet would comment on her hips and elbows at 6 months old. An OFA evaluation can't be performed prior to 2 years of age, and that is what you use to properly evaluate joints for dysplasia.

Pretty girl, though.
View Quote
Because she's an old school vet with about 3 decades of experience with police and military dogs including her own working GSD's.

PennHip can be done as early as 4 months.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Per request.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top