Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2017 12:39:18 PM EDT
Well she likes to sit outside on the porch and managed to get them. Time to get her medication for prevention, but what's the best and most effective way to remove them?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Soak dog down with store brand original Listorine mouth wash. We use a spray bottle. Watch fleas jumping off. Then follow with a flea and tick shampoo. 
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Both my dogs had them at the beginning of the summer.

Seresto, seresto, seresto

I wont deal with baths, or liquids anymore.

Put the collars on in the morning, the dogs stopped scratching by dinner.  The best part it lasts for a year and you can get it wet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Soak dog down with store brand original Listorine mouth wash. We use a spray bottle. Watch fleas jumping off. Then follow with a flea and tick shampoo. 
View Quote
For every flea on the dog, there are thousands in the environment.   This will do nothing but temporarily kill the fleas that are on the dog.   I can't imagine it's very comfortable to have something of that nature on the dog let alone for skin and hair quality.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seresto, seresto, seresto
View Quote
Expensive and worth every penny.  All three of our dogs had fleas plus they were in the furniture.  Put the collars on the dogs, hit the furniture with a permethrin-based bed bug spray and 48 hours later the dogs were no longer going nuts chewing on themselves and I wasn't getting new bites either.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top