Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 1:25:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Cryptonomicon

A Confederate of Dunces

Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:21:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Atrocity Week by Andrew McCoy it's one wild ride of a read.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I can not recommend Six Frigates, and/or The Last Stand of The Tin Can Sailors enough. Fantastic books, well researched, extremely well written, that contain historical details that I had never heard of before.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Taylor Andersons The Destroyermen and now the Artillerymen series. Guy has great knowledge of artillery, firearms, ballistics. Good sci fi alternate history fusion read.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#6]
The Forgotten Ruin series by Anspach & Cole.  It's advertised as "Tolkien meets Shock and Awe" but it's more like "Tolkein meets Black Hawk Down".  It's just...awesome...

Forgotten Ruin
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I really enjoyed HEAT 2.

It is very well written and not simplistic at all.  It's both a sequel and a prequel with multiple storylines past and present that converge into a massive, bloody climax.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#8]
The Southern Watch series by Robert J. Crane is an exciting read.

It's kind of "Justified meets Angel and they gangbang Stephen King".  Lots of blood, evil killings, devils, demons all leading to the possible End of the World.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#9]
World of the First Law by Joe Abercrombie
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:04:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Monadnock] [#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tiempos_Peligrosos:
The Forgotten Ruin series by Anspach & Cole.  It's advertised as "Tolkien meets Shock and Awe" but it's more like "Tolkein meets Black Hawk Down".  It's just...awesome...

https://d374oxlv7wyffd.cloudfront.net/B08R6KGWF4/a77cc36e/cover.jpeg
Forgotten Ruin
View Quote

@Tiempos_Peligrosos

Old post, but have you read any of Anspach and Cole's Galaxy's Edge?  It's a space epic that spans like 15 books.  I'm on book 9 now and I can absolutely recommend it.  These guys are prolific writers and are subtly not left wing. I enjoy their writing style, so I'm going to check out Forgotten Ruin.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top