Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:06:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Sherlock Holmes and the Zombie Problem, was a fun read. Came across it when I got my first nook many years ago. Nothing ground breaking or anything, but fun
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:32:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I really liked the Winchester Undead series by Dave Lund.

All except the last book which felt rushed as he tried to tie up loose ends.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Black Tide Rising is the best I've read, I have yet to read World War Z.

Hking
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Day by Day Armageddon by J. L. Bourne
View Quote

Can't remember which book in the series it was, but the fictional missile silo/bunker they hide in would be right outside of my home town.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Always thought WWZ was mediocre. To me, it was just one guy plainly summarizing a series of events. The characters were one-dimensional, and Brooks for the life of him could not narrate the personal experiences of people of various backgrounds. I just didn't feel immersed in any of the characters at all.

Tagging because it would be good to read a decent zombie novel.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:46:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Patient Zero

Posi+ive

Anyone know the name of the zombie novel where the main character takes contracts to terminate peoples relatives that are zombies and bring closure for them. He is sent on a mission to go into a prison deep in zombie country for the governments in the western US states. Vaguely remember a train scene and maybe a Chinese agent sent with him?

Found it!

The Return Man
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve been listening to the Toy Soldiers series. Set in late Cold War Britain, with a nine year old as a main protagonist trying to survive a zombie apocalypse. Pretty good so far, and it’s only a dollar for the series if you use Kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08H1BJ2P8/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1638052561&sr=8-5
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#8]
The Rising - Brian Keene

You’ll love it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#9]
The End of the World as We Knew It
A good read by an excellent author. He has a trilogy called the Old Man and the Wasteland, which is one of the best post-apoc series I've read.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#10]
For anyone interested in Black Tide Rising, there is a graphic novel that is supposed to come out soon (later in 2022), with the 2nd and 3rde in production. The artwork on some of the pages is out online. Chuck Dixson is doing the artwork.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top