Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 8/27/2017 12:13:08 PM EDT
Is it worth the money to have a book rebound? The book in question is Modern Accuracy In Benchrest Shooting by L.R. Wallack. Copy right 1951. I know you can get the book off Amazon for around $40.00 or so dollars.

And who does good work for a reasonable price?

I just kinda have a sentimental value where this book is concerned. Plus I kinda enjoy the older aspect of precision shooting that is taken for granted today. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I had some older books rebound by a company near Omaha, NE. Visited their place and it seems they do things old school. I had three books that were from the early 1950's. They were thick books and I had to save to have it done but for the three it cost me $300. Depending on the size of your book, you can look at them.

The company:

Perfect Touch Binding - http://www.perfecttouchbinding.com/perfect-touch-binding.html

Lucy was who I worked with and the books came out beautifully. I chose the style of the lettering of the print, what I wanted on the spine,  the color and the texture of the Leather and some other little odd n ends. I thought it was worth it. For me, I had to save for it to get it done but it was worth it. 

Edit: Maybe I should have asked if you were looking for help just anywhere or if you wanted to stay in VA. Sorry.

Edit #2: To answer your question, if the book is special, that alone is worth it...to me anyway. I could have bought other books but these were a gift. Just my thoughts.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had some older books rebound by a company near Omaha, NE. Visited their place and it seems they do things old school. I had three books that were from the early 1950's. They were thick books and I had to save to have it done but for the three it cost me $300. Depending on the size of your book, you can look at them.

The company:

Perfect Touch Binding - http://www.perfecttouchbinding.com/perfect-touch-binding.html

Lucy was who I worked with and the books came out beautifully. I chose the style of the lettering of the print, what I wanted on the spine,  the color and the texture of the Leather and some other little odd n ends. I thought it was worth it. For me, I had to save for it to get it done but it was worth it. 

Edit: Maybe I should have asked if you were looking for help just anywhere or if you wanted to stay in VA. Sorry.

Edit #2: To answer your question, if the book is special, that alone is worth it...to me anyway. I could have bought other books but these were a gift. Just my thoughts.  
View Quote
Thanks I'll give them a call.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#3]
See if anyone local to you is running classes in book binding....or advertise for people that may do this as a hobby (if the latter, ask to see examples of what they've done already)

Did a couple of classes of bookbinding at school. Even with all of two lessons I could turn out a very smart looking end result.
The lettering & the like is another area altogether though.

Well worth having done for a book with any sentimental value
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks I'll give them a call.
View Quote
Hope it works out. They are good people.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top