Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 8/6/2017 4:12:14 PM EDT
So when I was young (and we actually had a use for the .577 TRex rifles... )I read a short story about a son who takes dads car and gets killed in a sorta road rage incident only road rage is common, so common in fact that cars are all equipped with belt fed machine guns and armor, , 400 hp engines, etc etc.
at so the father goes seeking revenge on the car (distinct but I don't remember how)  that killed his son(justifiably as pretty much leaving your driveway is like stepping into a gladiator pit). Father gets his car upgraded from a mere dual.30 1919's to dual m2's , extra armor and a bigger engine. And goes hunting , I remember a line about a Honda being "very efficient on gas mileage and cheap to add armor and weapons  but no match for my car so he wisely yielded at the on ramp"(or something like that.). Father ends up finding the offending car and an epic page or 2 long battle ensues and both cars are destroyed.

Searching google for father son short stores about death and cars yields a bunch of stories about locking sons in hot cars.  Any body read it?
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
"Why Johnny Can't Speed" by Alan Dean Foster.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.:-) this site is amazing. 2 for 2 on half remembered stories from my youth.:-)
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top