Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 7/28/2017 10:52:52 PM EDT
@Rikwriter

Great book!  My favorite of yours so far!  I'm PISSED I just finished.  I didn't want the story to end, and look forward to the next installment.

GET ON IT!!!!  

I've been up binge reading it the last few nights waaaaay past when I should, then getting up at 5am.  Luckily,  I still have a few more weeks where I can take an afternoon nap.

I just couldn't put this one down.  The last half just was crazy fast paced and I loved it.  

Ty is definitely my favorite character in the Glory Boys universe so far.  

Fantastic job!!!  
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm about 3/4 of the way through it and I'm enjoying it. It took the old noodle a few chapters to remember who some of the characters were and their back stories.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 6:20:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad you guys liked it!
BTW, the third book is already out...been out for over a month!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072Z9599S?tag=vglnk-c102-20

And I'm already 50,000 words into writing the fourth and probably last book as of last night.

And I have the first book in my next series already plotted out so I can start it as soon as I get through with this one.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad you guys liked it!
BTW, the third book is already out...been out for over a month!

https://www.amazon.com/Recon-Book-Three-Battle-Gods-ebook/dp/B072Z9599S?tag=vglnk-c102-20

And I'm already 50,000 words into writing the fourth and probably last book as of last night.

And I have the first book in my next series already plotted out so I can start it as soon as I get through with this one.
View Quote

How the hell did I miss that....  

Well, good, just downloaded it.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Let me know how you like it.
BTW if you want to follow my releases, you can check out my website at www.rickpartlow.com
or my author Facebook page at facebook.com/dutyhonorplanet

I make announcements there pretty regularly about my progress on the books I'm writing and when they should be released.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Let me know how you like it.
BTW if you want to follow my releases, you can check out my website at www.rickpartlow.com
or my author Facebook page at facebook.com/dutyhonorplanet

I make announcements there pretty regularly about my progress on the books I'm writing and when they should be released.
View Quote
Following.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#6]
oops I am reading the 3rd book not the 2nd.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
oops I am reading the 3rd book not the 2nd.
View Quote
You read the second one before the third though, right?  
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:05:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You read the second one before the third though, right?  
View Quote
Yup, I follow you on Amazon so when ever you publish a book a scarf it up immediately. I enjoy your writing style and your stories a lot.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool, thanks man.  Hope you like the next one.  Should be up by the end of August.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Just ripped through all 3 books in the Recon series.  Excellent work!  Impatiently waiting for book 4.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:42:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just ripped through all 3 books in the Recon series.  Excellent work!  Impatiently waiting for book 4.
View Quote
I'm nearly 60,000 words into it now.  I think I'll be done in a couple weeks, then maybe another week or so for editing.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#12]
The fourth book is out now BTW.  Called Recon Book Four:  A Fight to the Death
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Just picked it up, can't wait to start it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#14]
This is tentatively the last in the series unless I change my mind.  

Starting a new series next, still set in the Birthright timeline, about a couple of pilots from the war who wind up turning outlaw/smugglers in the Pirate Worlds after.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Have you ever read the Star Risk series by Chris Bunch? I think some of your supporting characters would make great mercs for hire doing questionable shit.

Keep up the good work, I love reading your stories.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Have you ever read the Star Risk series by Chris Bunch? I think some of your supporting characters would make great mercs for hire doing questionable shit.

Keep up the good work, I love reading your stories.
View Quote
Thanks man, I'm glad you like them.
Haven't read the Star Risk series but it sounds interesting, I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Just finished book 6.  Fantastic as usual!
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top