Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2017 7:11:11 PM EDT
Just finished The Final Day by William R. Forstchen. The third and I presume last novel in the series that started with One Second After. For those who may not know it's about an EMP attack launched from offshore and takes out the grid and the aftermath and eventual start of recovery. I know that a lot of folks here say EMP is not that big a deal and that it wouldn't be the catastrophe portrayed in fiction. Can't say myself but I recommend all three books. The way he describes the die off, ie. people on life support, people dependent on oxygen, etc. Next people on critical medications that either go bad(need refrigeration) or simply not available. Maybe just fiction but pretty eye opening.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I loved One Second After.  I bought One Year After but haven't started it yet.  Once I finish that I will get The Final Day.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I enjoyed the series, but the first is my fave.  Alot of thought provoking content and I think would make a good movie if it borrowed/trimmed the plot line from all three books.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I enjoyed the series, but the first is my fave.  Alot of thought provoking content and I think would make a good movie if it borrowed/trimmed the plot line from all three books.  
View Quote
Agree.  All three are good but One Second After is by far the best in my opinion.  Just like most series -- the first is the best.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I like to look at the book reviews on Amazon to decide what to read. After being out six months, The Final Day has over 500 reviews with 4 1/2 stars. That's very impressive.
The ratings on his other books are incredible. I will definitely be reading them. Thanks, OP!
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like to look at the book reviews on Amazon to decide what to read. After being out six months, The Final Day has over 500 reviews with 4 1/2 stars. That's very impressive.
The ratings on his other books are incredible. I will definitely be reading them. Thanks, OP!
View Quote
Read them in order.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:56:54 AM EDT
[#6]
As others have said, good entertainment with thought, not a zombie trilogy. Makes one wonder about the choices we make if a
true life changing altering event befalls and our world.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I enjoyed the trilogy but disagree with the author on the effects of an EMP as to how much damage there would be to various items. I do agree with other aspects of how devastating it will be to the country and life based so much on the power grid.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top