Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/21/2016 12:43:44 AM EDT
I know we have RikWriter, Matt "The Prohpet of the Lord" Bracken, and me, but who else do we have?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:44:47 AM EDT
[#1]
larry correia and michael z williamson both have accounts here
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:15:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard Glen Beck was a member but he's not mainly a writer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Sharpshooters (1750-1900): The Men, Their Guns, Their Story.

Am working on second book.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I am an author. I write mainly horror and action novels. I also write sci-fi and romance. I just write whatever comes to mind.

My Amazon author page.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 2:38:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn, I forgot my link!
www.bedtimetalesfromtheapocalypse.com
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Shtf trilogy starting with Against the Grain

Link in sig.

Branching out of that genre with the next few books in the works too.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 6:52:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Write faster damn it, you have me hooked on your works.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm writing the climactic battle scene right now.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You characters remind me vaguely of another scifi author I like, Vaughn Heppne, in his "Lost Starship" series. Both of you are 2 of my newer favorite scifi authors.

Reading your Amazon bio, its funny how you got into scifi as I did with reading Robert Heinlein's book's. I never thought about picking up a scifi book until I was bored one day and over a neighbors and saw a book and ask if I could read it. Luckily he had almost all of his works and I was forever hooked.

I wish I could write because I have several good story outlines but alas I'm an engineer and math is my forte and not English.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You characters remind me vaguely of another scifi author I like, Vaughn Heppne, in his "Lost Starship" series. Both of you are 2 of my newer favorite scifi authors.

Reading your Amazon bio, its funny how you got into scifi as I did with reading Robert Heinlein's book's. I never thought about picking up a scifi book until I was bored one day and over a neighbors and saw a book and ask if I could read it. Luckily he had almost all of his works and I was forever hooked.

I wish I could write because I have several good story outlines but alas I'm an engineer and math is my forte and not English.
View Quote

I'm glad you like my stuff, I appreciate the good word.  I think a lot of SF fans and writers got their start with Heinlein, especially his juveniles.  The man could really tell a story.
There are some good engineer SF writers out there, like Travis Taylor.  You should just sit down one day and write whether you think it reads well or not, just to see what comes of it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 4:20:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm glad you like my stuff, I appreciate the good word.  I think a lot of SF fans and writers got their start with Heinlein, especially his juveniles.  The man could really tell a story.
There are some good engineer SF writers out there, like Travis Taylor.  You should just sit down one day and write whether you think it reads well or not, just to see what comes of it.
View Quote

I'm finishing up Reign of Blood by Alexia Purdy and then your Birthright book is next in line!
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 7:51:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm finishing up Reign of Blood by Alexia Purdy and then your Birthright book is next in line!
View Quote

Cool, hope you like it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Cool, hope you like it.
View Quote

You sonofabitch! I was up till 6am this morning finishing Birthright!!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, hope you like it.

Well, I hope it was worth the lack of sleep!  
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well, I hope it was worth the lack of sleep!  
View Quote

I'm a couple of chapters into your newest one "Glory Boy", good stuff so far. I have enjoyed all your books.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm a couple of chapters into your newest one "Glory Boy", good stuff so far. I have enjoyed all your books.
View Quote

Thanks man, hope you like the rest of it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:17:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I just hit 87,000 words on my science fiction/fantasy novel....

I'm an indie author with a few irons in the fire. Post-Apocalyptic, Societal collapse, Horror. I hope to write full-time, but my day job keeps pulling me away from the keyboard.

My amazon author page:

MC Allen's page

I'm part of a small publishing group we put together called Malleus Publishing

Malleus Publishing Homepage

As a collective, my guys do zombies and post-apoc stuff
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:19:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just hit 87,000 words on my science fiction/fantasy novel....

I'm an indie author with a few irons in the fire. Post-Apocalyptic, Societal collapse, Horror. I hope to write full-time, but my day job keeps pulling me away from the keyboard.

My amazon author page:

MC Allen's page

I'm part of a small publishing group we put together called Malleus Publishing

Malleus Publishing Homepage

As a collective, my guys do zombies and post-apoc stuff
View Quote

87,000 words huh?  
Appropriate.
I'll actually be hitting that tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#20]
If you really want to read about energy efficient data center design, let me know.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#22]
BTW my latest, Recon:  A War to the Knife, went live on Amazon last night.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W5LBRLB?tag=vglnk-c102-20
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:38:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
BTW my latest, Recon:  A War to the Knife, went live on Amazon last night.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W5LBRLB?tag=vglnk-c102-20
View Quote

Congrats, you have a true talent! I wish I could write faster but right now I am taking a full load at Cochise to finish my degree and I am focusing on getting my photography business built back up. I'm still unemployed and I have to make money some how.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:56:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Photography is a tough way to make a living.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm on here, but from my post count you can tell I am just one of those damn lurkers.

The articles for gun magazines pay the bills, but I've got a few books for sale on Amazon, and the latest thriller WHORL is here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/153972378X?tag=vglnk-c102-20

Available in trade paperback, Kindle, and Nook (although from the sales numbers apparently Nook is going the way of the .40 S&W)

there's actually a review of the novel at the bottom of the front page of theoutdoorwire.com today.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm mostly a hack sportswriter (Boxing and MMA), but I write for RECOIL, Breach Bang Clear, OffGrid, Ammoland, Tactical World, World of Firepower, Off the Grid News, Legendary Arms (formerly Inside Military Surplus) Wild West and IMFDB (the newsletter).
I used to write for Gun Digest, Blade, SWAT, US Concealed Carry and Gunslingers of the Old West (they went under last year).
I ghostwrite alot of blogs for peeps in the industry and have written a lot of web copy, press releases and product descriptions for manufacturers.

I have several books and screenplays in various states of completion, but the magazine writing bumps those to the back burner. In that vein I do have one completed screenplay out there, but doubt it will ever be made into a movie at this point in time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I published another book this month, the sequel to Recon, called Recon: A Wolf in the Fold.  Already working on the third in the series.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:56:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Edit...
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#30]
A few years ago I got bored one winter and just for my own amusement I wrote a book.
It started out as a short story and sort of grew.

A friend read it and suggested I publish it on Amazon.
I wanted to offer it free but couldn't figure out how.
It actually sold a very few copies, so I can claim to be a "published author".

I missed a good bit of school when I was a kid so my punctuation and sentence structure is horrible.
With that disclaimer, here it is:  "The Ferryman".

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NK4R7E?tag=vglnk-c102-20
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#31]
^ Basically how I got my start too. I had been reading just a ton of crap books, so I kind of wrote my own which was just a short story start at the time, told my buddy, he read it and said, write more.

I enjoy the heck out of it quite honestly.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#32]
https://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/Duty-Honor-Planet-Audiobook/B0711ZN845?qid=1496700684&sr=1-1

Duty, Honor, Planet is now available on Audible as an audio book. 

Should be out on Amazon in a few days!
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm not published, but I'm working on it. Here's a link to my Facebook author page. I'm currently writing a post apocalyptic novel.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#35]
It's being released one month earlier that I thought.  Originally the designer used a cartridge in flight for the cover and for the bullet points in the text.  She was open to my suggestion to use a minie ball instead.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1612004865?tag=vglnk-c102-20
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:09:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#38]
BTW, I have the third book in the Recon series, Recon: A Battle for the Gods, out now and the fourth and final one should be out by September.  Also, I sold the audio rights for the first three Recon books to a publisher so the first three at least will be available as audio books in a couple months.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Tag
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#40]
J L Bourne is a member here to.  he does the Day by Day Armageddon and Tomorrow War books.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Here's my author page.  

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-Sage/e/B00J70YM9Y/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1501171259&sr=1-2-ent&tag=vglnk-c102-20

I do esoteric airplane/military stuff.  Just finished third in the series about a crippled missionary pilot turned mercenary.  

Really envy you military science fiction guys.  Very cool genre.  Wrote science fiction as a kid and really enjoyed it but can't seem to do it as an adult.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#42]
The fourth book in my Recon series is out now.

https://www.amazon.com/Recon-Book-Four-Fight-Death-ebook/dp/B074PKWWYV
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I hammer the keys to quiet the voices.  It doesn't help.  New voices pop up and want their stories told, too.  Beer keeps them at bay.  Kinda.

Here's a PDF sample (first three chapters) of my sci-fi mech gladiator work, Code Of Armor: Vengeance

http://www.johnbearross.com/CodeOfArmor-VengeancePartOne-FirstThreeChapters.pdf

My Amazon writer's page.

Amazon Author's Page for John Bear Ross

A mech chainsword from my Code Of Armor series.  Because who doesn't love mech chainswords the length of a truck?  

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Now you just have to make them fight kaiju...  
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Now you just have to make them fight kaiju...  
View Quote
No doubt!  That is planned for future episodes.
You never know what's going to come through, or is waiting on the other side of, the WorldGates...

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:57:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 12:31:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If you're not a fan of the Fallout franchise, you probably should be. A weapon like that has been featured in practically every game.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ripper_(weapon)
View Quote
My kid loves Fallout.

Me, I've been a chainsword fan since the Rogue Trader / Warhammer 40000 days from Games Workshop.  Pen, paper, and miniatures.
I used to have a Khornate army.  Lotsa chainswords.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Fixed.  Thanks, man.  I've been juggling links all night, cross promoting.  I appreciate it.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#50]
I've done some zombie fiction.

Old School is posted over on the Zombie Squad site and in the archives on this site back from 2012.

Another tale I'm working on is Doing Time, also posted over on Zombie Squad, that seems to have taken on a life of it's own.

Not letting me put in the links.

Some day I may put them up on Amazon.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top