Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2014 11:04:28 PM EDT
I was sorry to hear this......AlphaGuy (Paul) passed earlier this week.  I met him through the EE years ago when he bought a S&W Model 66 from me.  We met at the local conservation range to make the exchange and ended up shooting & talking guns for hours.  It turned out he lived next door to another friend of mine and in the weeks later we all went shooting together.  He was a serious gun enthusiast--especially when it came to S&W revolvers and 1911's.  He was also good source for advice for finances, business, and just about everything else in life.  Just a hell of a nice guy.  I'm glad I knew him, but wish I would have got to know him better.  

Douthit, Paul W. Jr. 67, died Monday, March 24, 2014. He leaves behind a legacy of family and friends who loved and will miss his quick wit, genuine hugs, culinary creations, greatread recommendations and prayerful advice. A true patriot, retired military, Eagle Scout/ scoutmaster Paul taught that honor really meant commitment and protection of what you hold most dear. Paul was a successful broker, but once the market closed each day Paul understood that time was better spent in conversation with company, not at a company. The home he shared with his wife of 46 years, Pam, was an open invitation where everyone's welcome. Paul threw the best parties and every Thanksgiving new faces became one of the family. Later in life, Paul kissed off corporate America and became a missionary, servant for Christ. You wouldn't believe the retirement benefits, he'd quip, Actually you do have to believe. After being asked to MC and tell each week's ice-breaker joke at meetings, Paul started working for Alpha USA. Alpha friends invited Paul to volunteer at Oasis Ministries helping refugees relocate to St. Louis. There Paul helped many know Jesus through the ministry's helping hands, and taught English ala the movie Stripes - Da Do Run Run. In lieu of flowers, please send donations to OasisInternational.info, 5035 Gravois, St. Louis MO 63116. Paul is survived by best friend and wife, Pam; daughter, Laurie and Michael Ledonne; son, Paul and Heidi Douthit; son, Jonathan and Bethany Douthit; grandchildren Isabella, Vincenzo, and Paul Michael; sister-in-law, Delores Douthit; brother, Robert and Janice Douthit, John and Dianna Douthit; brother, Dennis Douthit; sister, Lisa and Charles Shrock; sister-in-law, Sue and Jerry McCormac, many treasured nieces and nephews, godson and friends. He is pre-deceased by his brother, Michael and sister-inlaw, Cindy Douthit. Services: Paul will be privately interned at Jefferson Barracks on Friday. A memorial service will be held Saturday, March 29 at 10 a.m. at Bonhomme Presbyterian Church, 14820 Conway Road, Chesterfield, MO 63017 for everyone. A SERVICE OF BUCCHOLZ MORTUARY WEST
Published in St. Louis Post-Dispatch on Mar. 27, 2014
- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/stltoday/obituary.aspx?n=paul-w-douthit&pid=170384420&fhid=21200#sthash.1iyVtQiu.dpuf
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Very sorry to hear this.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#2]
RIP Paul
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:19:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:21:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a good man. RIP
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:55:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like he helped others his whole life.  R.I.P.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top