Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2014 8:59:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bama-Shooter]
Hello everyone, years ago there was an awesome group of guys that were all from the Atlanta Ga area, almost monthly meets and shoots and a core of us were always there.  That is where I met Marty Rine or on AR15  "Muddy".  He was a huge wealth of knowledge and if anyone saw his collection, it was second to almost none.  He was always there to lend a helping hand just a really cool guy.  He did not post here much but many knew him from the meets.  I thought I would pass along the information.  He had been fighting a respiratory issue for years and got frailer and frailer each time  I saw him.  Anyway, Marty you will be missed my friend!

V
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Rest In Peace brother  Respiratory Illness is a tough condition to endure.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I did not know Marty was ill... Her was truly a nice human being... I saw he posted a trigger pack for sale a couple of weeks ago and was going to drop him a line.... I have shot with him, bought a can from him and had him in my house..... Just had not heard from him in a while.. So sad.......

If anyone hears of arrangements, please post

Chris
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#3]
RIP Marty.

We had some good days on the range.

You are in a better place.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Was this the Marty that duck walked thru the shoot while move drill at Eric and Tod's class?  
Even if it wasn't prayers out to his family.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Prayers for the family
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cpl0313:
Was this the Marty that duck walked thru the shoot while move drill at Eric and Tod's class?  Even if it wasn't prayers out to his family.
View Quote

Yep...that was the Marty. :(
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried to teach Marty to shoot on the move many times but it was a lost cause
Marty was a good dude .
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Marty was a great guy and a great friend.  He was a staunch advocate of the second amendment and one of the most knowledgeable gun enthusiasts I have ever met.

I have been by his house and am in touch with his GF. Things are being taken care of.
Marty was from Illinois and a service will be held up there. Another arfcommer suggested that we should get together for some Mexican and maybe raise a glass.  This sounds good to me so lets try to make that happen in a couple of weeks. All are welcome.

Marty you are already missed.

Rest easy friend.

Ross
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Ross, long time old friend.  Toast one for me if you guys ever make it for Mexican.  Im still a loss for words :(
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn. Sorry to hear about this.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By vedubin01:
Hey Ross, long time old friend.  Toast one for me if you guys ever make it for Mexican.  Im still a loss for words :(
View Quote

Will do!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BookHound:
Just before Marty moved down here he made a post in the GA HTF asking about certain areas in the city for apartments.  Me and a couple other guys helped him with some info and then when he came down a few of us met him for lunch at a pizza place off Howell Mill.  There would be many more lunches with Marty over the years.  And some dinners & even a party or two.  But there were LOTS of range trips.  I think Marty was most alive at the range with his friends.  

Shortly after his move (even before Tina was down here) we had a Fourth of July to celebrate.  But Marty didn't know too many people yet.  So, my wife and I had him hang out with us at a neighbor's party.  He brought a little integrally suppressed Ruger .22lr pistol for us to play with.  It was the first ever suppressor I had shot...and I was hooked.  That was one of the most fun 4th of July parties I've ever attended.

These were taken two days before Christmas 2005.  Me, Marty, and ARH went to my friend Ken's place to shoot MGs.  We were out in the middle of this field blasting away with an MG-42 and a 1919 when these two country boys just strolled up to us and asked Ken for some help with their pickup truck.  The fact that four guys were blazing away with an arsenal of full-auto guns seemed to not phase or impress them.  LOL.  It was very surreal.  I don't think Marty let off the trigger more than a few seconds while Ken talked to the guys.  
<a href="http://s736.photobucket.com/user/mkuczka/media/Marty/20051223_MGsAtKens_02Large.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/mkuczka/Marty/20051223_MGsAtKens_02Large.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s736.photobucket.com/user/mkuczka/media/Marty/20051223_MGsAtKens_03Large.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/mkuczka/Marty/20051223_MGsAtKens_03Large.jpg</a>

This is Marty trying out his new YHM cans at Creekside in June of 2007.
<a href="http://s736.photobucket.com/user/mkuczka/media/Marty/20070630_Creekside_yhm223OnRifleLarge.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/mkuczka/Marty/20070630_Creekside_yhm223OnRifleLarge.jpg</a>

R.I.P. brother.  You are missed.

<a href="http://s736.photobucket.com/user/mkuczka/media/Marty/20060729_Trimble_03Large.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx1/mkuczka/Marty/20060729_Trimble_03Large.jpg</a>

Mark
View Quote

That was a great day.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:40:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: treedawg] [#14]
WOW, I didn't put two and two together until I saw the pics of Marty.

Many moons ago I met up with Marty and several other people to shoot NFA at Trimble Bridge range.

It was the 1st and last time we together but I got some trigger time on his select fire AK74.

I had completely forgot about that afternoon at the range but it was a good day.

I can't recall any of the other shooters but I seem to remember there being some pretty serious firepower.

RIP Marty...!!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow, looks like a young guy to have already succumbed to an illness. Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I assumed he would have been older. Looks younger than me...
He did well to have left behind so many good memories with you all.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Too many lunches and range trips to count.....

I bought several guns and a suppressor through Marty. He was too knowledgeable about guns, especially AKs.

We had not spoken in several months and I wish I could change that. I will miss him.

I am in for Mexican and beers. He would have liked that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#18]
RIP Marty! Thank you for teaching me the joys of a subgun!

Accountant
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry to hear this....shot with him a few times at Creekside. Prayers out to his family
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:03:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I figured it out at the duckwalk comment.  Yep... I was there for one of those.  

RIP Marty.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I didn't know him but he seems to have been a good guy. RIP, Brother. Prayers sent out for the family.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#25]
I bought my first can from Marty and shot with him and others a few times at Tremble Bridge.  He was a great guy.

I'll never forget how the deal went down for that first can.  I didn't know if I was gonna get robbed or be set up for something.  After getting off work one night, I met Marty (who I had never met before) off of Cobb Parkway at a gas station and followed him down some back roads to a house.  He asked that I stay in the car while he went in to get my can and paperwork.  I sat outside for what felt like forever before he finally came back out.  I just knew something shady was going to happen.  But he came out handed me my new can and my paperwork and we talked for a while and that was it.

He was a great guy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By lucky_13:
I bought my first can from Marty and shot with him and others a few times at Tremble Bridge.  He was a great guy.

I'll never forget how the deal went down for that first can.  I didn't know if I was gonna get robbed or be set up for something.  After getting off work one night, I met Marty (who I had never met before) off of Cobb Parkway at a gas station and followed him down some back roads to a house.  He asked that I stay in the car while he went in to get my can and paperwork.  I sat outside for what felt like forever before he finally came back out.  I just knew something shady was going to happen.  But he came out handed me my new can and my paperwork and we talked for a while and that was it.

He was a great guy.
View Quote

This must have been Allen's house.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Accountant30339:
Originally Posted By lucky_13:

He was a great guy.
View Quote

This must have been Allen's house.
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing. Throw in Duke, the biggest and loudest dog that ever existed, and I would be positive.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Sad to hear , I met him at Trimble bridge as well . Those were good shoots
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:58:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USSA-1] [#29]
Marty always seemed to have respiratory issues, but I thought he just had some bad asthma.  I had no idea how serious it got.

Marty and I had many conversations regarding the AK platforms.  We both really liked the AK-74 and he was always asking me about new AK products.  He had a very nice FA 74 that shot like a dream.

He was a quiet guy, but definitely one of the good guys.

So long Marty, good to know you.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BookHound:
Just before Marty moved down
View Quote

Thanks for the pics Mark- I knew the username, but it took the pics to recall meeting Marty at the "secret shooting range not to be mentioned". He was the kind of guy that was an immediate friend.

Sorry to hear he's gone from this place.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Here is a photo of Marty at the MP5/subgun  Operators class several years ago.  He and I took the class at Pickens County Sportsmans Club. the Instructor was HKPRO.com founder Tom Dresner.  Marty showed up with a UMP.  He let me shoot it.  It was then that I realized how much I liked my MP5...

The first photo is Tom giving instructions to Marty.

The second is a group photo of the class

Chris
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Sadly his birthday was today :(
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Damn I remember him. Didn't recognize the name until I saw the pics

RIP
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#35]
RIP
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top