Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2017 12:45:38 PM EDT
Cross posted like a dummy.  Thanks for the notes/heads up, though, Tex.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a well-written enough rock song with a catchy hook. It has been stuck in my head since I listened to it an hour ago. Kudos to whoever wrote it. You're starting with a good song and that's what counts.

I like the animation, but didn't really get it right off the bat. I'd have to watch it again to pick up the symbolism and how the lyrics connect to the images.

On the downside, the audio production is very poor. It sounds like an unfinished product. It sounds like a rough mix that you'd take home after a day of tracking basic stuff.

The doubled vocal tracks are off. If the singer is going to double the vocals he needs to be more precise with his pitch. The vocal performance isn't bad, it just needs polishing.

You could really stand to sweeten this up with some overdubs, like rhythm guitar tracks with different chord voicings. The rhythm guitars sound dull and uninteresting. And you most definitely need to hire a better mixing engineer next time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Cross posted like a dummy.  Thanks for the notes/heads up, though, Tex.
View Quote

Well, I regret calling you out in GD because threads sink so fast in there. It really wasn't my place. Here's a link to your other thread.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/So-I-m-in-a-band-/5-2034745/
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#3]
OP Request
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top