Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2017 7:27:23 PM EDT
It seems like there should be an easy way to scroll through the patches using my foot without pulling up a menu with 8 choices, and then picking one.

I'd like to hit one button and get a new sound each click. Any way to do that?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#1]
You can can program multiple channels to any one of the buttons. I don't have one currently, But I am pretty sure if you
work through the mode switch options you can accomplish this... it will take a bit to set it up. but once its done then you should be good.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Uh, yeah.

There are several modes for the buttons. You can go all stomps, all presets, all snapshots, and half & half of the different combinations of the stomps/presets/snaps. Obviously, the presets switch between presets, but there is a slight bit of latency (something that has always plagued processors and modelers). But that's what snapshots are for. They're merely different configurations within a preset. And since the preset is already loaded, it's instant.

And what can you do with this? Quite a bit. I just use snapshots to turn stuff on and off, but you can also use them to change settings of a model, volume, ect. You can literally treat amp models, and cabs, like stompboxes, just like you would effects. So if you're wondering if you can turn amp models off and on and thus create "channels" in a preset, yes, you can. It's easy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, I think I misunderstood what you were getting at. If you go to all snapshots, all stomps mode or half stomps/half snaps, the up and down buttons will switch between presets, instead of banks. But like I said above, you're going to experience latency between presets. I've never dealt with a modeler that didn't have latency between presets.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess what I'm trying to do is audition the patches quickly by scrolling through using a foot switch. I haven't gotten to the point where I've figured out my sounds, and am trying to just go through the factory stuff without having to push a bunch of buttons for each change.

Hope that makes sense.

I'm looking forward to the snapshot feature when I get the basics sorted.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh, ok. When I tried out the factory presets I just used the knob.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh, ok. When I tried out the factory presets I just used the knob.
View Quote
I'm old and it hurts to bend down for that long :)
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm old and it hurts to bend down for that long :)
View Quote
Ah, you must have the floor version. I went with the rack.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:08:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Something dawned on me. If you don't have a Helix yet, and if you use wordclock or need it to have AES/EBU in, go with the rack. Neither the Helix floor or LT have these connections.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I do have it already.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:14:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Not as capable, modeling isn't quite as good in the shootouts/demos I've watched. The Helix is better imho, but I also think Fractal sounds better than the Helix. But the Helix is more flexible than just about anything out there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:35:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not as capable, modeling isn't quite as good in the shootouts/demos I've watched. The Helix is better imho, but I also think Fractal sounds better than the Helix. But the Helix is more flexible than just about anything out there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I dig the interface more then anything else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top