Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2017 10:43:18 PM EDT
Stopped by KSLC today while making my rounds to see if anything interesting was there, and behold, an ugly duckling....

(Sorry, iPhone pic from a bit of a distance)
Attachment Attached File

Not something you see in these parts every day.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

I saw this guy taxi by today.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a MC-130 Combat Talon, but I could be wrong.  Flew on them a few times, and jumped a few too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:15:11 AM EDT
[#4]
All hercs are ugly.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All hercs are ugly.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Such talk is detrimental to the site and insults life, liberty, America, fine whiskey, beautiful women, loose women, craft beer, and  manly men flying manly man airplanes.  You should stop posting and think about what you've done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All hercs are ugly.
Such talk is detrimental to the site and insults life, liberty, America, fine whiskey, beautiful women, loose women, craft beer, and  manly men flying manly man airplanes.  You should stop posting and think about what you've done.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:06:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I stand by my statement.  I fly one for a living.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:01:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Stopped by KSLC today while making my rounds to see if anything interesting was there, and behold, an ugly duckling....

(Sorry, iPhone pic from a bit of a distance)
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/18550/IMG_4348-312836.JPG

Not something you see in these parts every day.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

It just proves that you can add 9,000 pounds of electronics and structure to a C-130 and it will still fly!  

I helped build and test the MC-130H Combat Talon II's back in the 1980's as the USAF manager of the defensive suite and also managed the upgrade to the first three initial operational aircraft.  During the operational tests we had a pilot get nervous because he could see the granite cliff 150 feet off the wingtip but he was really happy when he got back into clouds so he could no longer see the cliffs out of his windows as he flew down the valley!  The Talon's were designed to fly nap of the earth at night, in the rain, in the mountains.  They were a lot of fun when you dialed in a "hard ride" to get maximum performance out of the bird.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top