Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2017 6:53:49 PM EDT
Hi All,
Long time pipe guy just learning about cigars. Bought a couple of samplers, humidors, etc.

I think I need a really mild cigar for now.  What do you recommend that is on the inexpensive side?

I think I like oliva, but not sure.  They all Are kind of cigarette tasty...

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Carlos Torano Reserve Selecta.   

They come in a glass tube with a blue band.....  

They are some of the mildest (but still tasty) smokes I have run across.... 

They seem to be tough to find, so you may need to convince your local cigar place to order them, but if you can find one, see what you think.   

Reserve selecta at Thompson cigar
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.

So you have an idea.  I am smoking a Cuba libre.  The first few Puffs were good, then it turned into a cigarette....

That is the level of my experience thus far...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#4]
No. Smoked cigarettes in high school. Quit all together for 20 years. Then a pipe recreationally.   Now trying cigars.

My taste is shot any way. Had nasal surgery last year.  Drinking rum and diet Coke (keto).
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Try the Nat Sherman Host selection as well. The mildest cigar I've ever smoked. You can try them in a 5 pack for a cheaper price in case they are not for you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:31:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I understand what you mean by tasting like a cigarette.  Try smoking slower, and pair it with a coffee that you like.  Or a scotch/whiskey you like.  Heck, a RASS goes beautifully with a Dr. Pepper.

Also, do you smoke cigarettes as well?  They kill your taste buds.
View Quote
A long time ago I was a pipe smoker then I had nasal surgery. Taste buds were jacked up for several years then everything went back to normal. I've gotten back into cigars and all is good!
Just might take some time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Now I'm having a doppelböck from Nestor Miranda?

Just going through the samples..
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually not bad.

Canoeing like a bitch though..
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Trying a Sosa Now.  Not too bad either..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top