Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 7:53:01 PM EDT
After 2 1/2 years of grad school the wife started working a couple weeks ago and today got her first check! So tomorrow I'm going to spoil my self at the cigar shop for being so supportive this whole time. I'm looking for an impressive stick in the $15-20 range. Please advise
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]
mm....

You can't go wrong with either an Opus X, or a Padron 1926...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#2]
The last stick that I had in that price range was a Davidoff Maduro R.  The only bad part about it was it made me sad when I was done smoking it!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#3]
As mentioned above, go buy yourself a Padron Anniversario.  If you don't like it, I'll send you something you will like.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I ended up with an Opus 3pack, but I'm going to try the others in the couple months. I jumped on the Opus because it was the last pack the cigar shop had. I hope it lives up to my expectations, my absolute favorite stick right now is a AF best seller. Tomorrow afternoon I hope to be in smoking heaven!

Thanks for the advise.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I am currently enjoying my first Opus X and I love it!! WOW thanks for the suggestion.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am currently enjoying my first Opus X and I love it!! WOW thanks for the suggestion.

Welcome to the hobby  If you have any questions about cigars/whatnot, ask the community or drop me a line.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Glad to hear it...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Hoya De Monterry  Dark Sumatra

Exquisite!

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sit the other two for 2-3 years and prepare to have your mind blown, I have a number of 06 & 07 opus that are among the most complex cigars I have ever had.

If you want something that is 100% ready to go when you buy it, Padron 1964 and 1926 are the way to go. My favorite '26 is the #2 and the '64 corona and exclusivo are great as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top