Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2017 8:14:33 AM EDT
We had a severe hail storm so the insurance gods are replacing my roof and three of four elevations for siding (currently aluminum, but I'll have all four elevations replaced with vinyl), gutters and downspouts.  I want to have the wood fascias wrapped in aluminum and was wondering the order of march to ensure the work is done correctly.

Roof, fascias, siding then gutters? Or some other order? Or does it even matter?

TIA.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:29:31 AM EDT
[#1]
EDITED:

I don't think the siding matters but I'd do it after the roof to prevent any damage from falling materials.

Fascias should be done before the roof.

I'd do gutters very last since you have to put it on the fascia and secure it to the siding.

Fascia; roof; siding; gutters
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:54:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think the siding matters but I'd do it last to prevent any damage to the new siding by the roofers.

Fascias, roof, gutters is the order that has to go, though. The roofers could probably do your fascias so that's kind of the same time. Gutters are definitely after the roof and fascias.
View Quote
The insurance company sent a check so I'm waiting now for the roofing contractor to schedule. They're doing the fascia and after the roof is done, gutter/leaf guard replacement. I'm getting Hardie board siding when the roof and gutter work is finished.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The insurance company sent a check so I'm waiting now for the roofing contractor to schedule. They're doing the fascia and after the roof is done, gutter/leaf guard replacement. I'm getting Hardie board siding when the roof and gutter work is finished.
View Quote
Excellent.

Please note I edited my entire post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top