Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2017 1:59:52 PM EDT
Just moved and have a dedicated office. Color is a dark neutral type of green (cocoon from Sherwin Williams) with white trim. My desk is a dark brown, not quite cherry, not quite dark brown, if that makes sense....I am looking as to what frames to get for my paintings, and more importantly, what color or shade? or bookshelves. Cherry or a brown....I will also be having a brown leather chair in the room. The floors are hardwood...of a lighter shade...but not blonde.

So I'm either overthinking this, or don't have much of a decorative bone in my body (but I'm a man so it's ok )

Just looking for some opinions.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with what looks good. I'd think you'd want to get close to your furniture color with your frames.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
my home office has original 70 year old solid oak floors. I have a walnut credenza and a maple deck. I think different woods look great. I have stuff framed on the walls in both cherry and mahogany frames. I dont have any pine or poplar.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]
In my opinion, you probably don't want to try to match the frames to the desk, as it will be almost impossible to get a match, and then the almost-not-quite-correct color will bug you forever. Did I try that? Maybe...  Whatever you go with, get either all the same frame style in different colors or the same color in different styles. I think that makes a more coherent look on the wall. 
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Metal picture frames.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
my home office has original 70 year old solid oak floors. I have a walnut credenza and a maple deck. I think different woods look great. I have stuff framed on the walls in both cherry and mahogany frames. I dont have any pine or poplar.
View Quote
This.

Nice and interesting pieces is better than some manufactured set any day.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:30:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Go with black frames.

Much easier to match if you want to add more later.

Getting wood frames to match at a later date is a pain in ass.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 2:02:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Any design rule can be broken if it looks good. Sometimes a little abstract is perfect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top