Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2017 5:45:08 PM EDT
I'm buying a house in southern Arizona that has a 'flat' roof made with 24" wide asphalt rolls. I'd like to add something to allow me to run cables for satellite TV and Internet access into the house without running wires down the outside of the house.

I was thinking something like a weatherhead like overhead powerlines. The question is, how to I seal up the hole in the roof to prevent water entry.

Thx
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm buying a house in southern Arizona that has a 'flat' roof made with 24" wide asphalt rolls. I'd like to add something to allow me to run cables for satellite TV and Internet access into the house without running wires down the outside of the house.

I was thinking something like a weatherhead like overhead powerlines. The question is, how to I seal up the hole in the roof to prevent water entry.

Thx
View Quote
Find a roofer that will do a side job. That requires torch work.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5mHsbr9fVw
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Roofer. I've seen it done wrong. 
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#4]
It's called a "Roof Jack Kit", sometimes called a roof boot - just google it. Very simple to install.

It should come with a strip of butyl tape and SS hardware to fasten it.

Also, get yourself a tripolymer sealant for added security/ peace of mind.

Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you just ask how to put a hole in your roof on a gun board?

Gitterdone!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top