Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2017 9:50:06 AM EDT
We are moving a new house into the property, so while the upstairs is built already, downstairs is a blank slate and I still have access to run stuff up walls from the basement. 

We use double bucket water filter, the only filter that handles our water, for all of our drinking and cooking. Its is literally two stacked 5 gallon buckets. We need to fill them with hard water, not softened water. Right now in the hold house, we fill from a simple PEX line with a ball valve that I installed before the softener. This was actually a big improvement, as we spent a year before that bucketing water from outside. So right now we have a 6 gallon water jug, fill it up in the bathroom/utility room where the water valve is, carry that across the house and pour it into the top bucket. It works but could be better.

So basically, I want some kind of something that is a permanent fixture that sits above where the filter will go in the new house, which is in a dead space corner just outside the kitchen, but sharing a plumbing wall with the kitchen. My wife wants something that looks "nice" and "not tacky like things do in the old house" 

Oh, I'm on a budget. A very little budget. Like $40ish and that includes running a pex line clear across the house. If its an awesome idea but costs too much, I'd still appreciate it but wait until we have a bit more money. Buying and putting in a new house kind of drained the bank account 
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think I'm understanding what you're asking.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I need a water valve on the wall above the level of the bucket filter system so I don't have to bucket water to fill the filter. 
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:48:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I need a water valve on the wall above the level of the bucket filter system so I don't have to bucket water to fill the filter. 
View Quote
What are you using some sort of a bucket filter system for?  Why not use a normal in line filtration system?  

I'm still not understanding what you are trying to do.  If you are just filling some buckets, just install a regular faucet.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 12:28:04 AM EDT
[#4]
We need pictures.  No pictures, no help.

The range of options is bewildering given the dearth of info you've provided.

Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess what I need is a sillcock, but "nice" looking. If such a thing exists. Just something that sticks out of a flat wall to fill my filter buckets that doesn't look like an outoor utility sillcock.

The reason for a double bucket gravity filter is that our water has such a high amount of dissolved iron that the only two ways to filter it are through oxidation or reverse osmosis. Both my wife and I HATE RO water, plus this double bucket system is cheap. 
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I talked the Mrs into one of  these  sticking out of the wall. Since there will be a threaded fitting, we can upgrade to a more aesthetically pleasing fixture in the future.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this something that will be used often? If so save yourself some hand/headache and get something with a different mechanism to open and close. Especially being wall mounted it'll be a pain to spin that handle all the time.

Something in a quarter turn with a simple handle will be much easier to use regularly. You can always paint the handle.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top