Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/13/2010 1:08:40 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend a decent lock for a wooden picket residential fence gate that unlocks from either side? The gate only opens one way and is 7" high so reaching over is not an option.

My father in law had someone break into his home through the back door over the weekend. The intruder(s) had his tv turned around and unhooked. He's an 82 year old Korean war vet that has lived in the same home since the sixties and not very worried. He kind of reminds me of Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino. Even has the 1911 and Garand. He just isn't that up to a fight anymore. Biggest problem is he is very hard of hearing and unwilling to get hearing aids. Also he's not very worried about this even though he thinks they have been back a second time. His dog is probably all that saved him.

It is locked from the inside but he hates it. It is a nice overlapped cedar fence and I'd hate to just chain it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:48:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2010 1:48:45 PM EDT by xanadu]
home depot or lowes - outdoor weatherproof deadbolt - He has to have the key on either side.

All I can think of with out going electronic.

I like the "BAD DOG signs or my favorite - "This area under 24 hour video surveillance" - that works for me. I never get bothered.

Top Top