Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/12/2010 4:40:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2010 4:41:25 PM EDT by kjk200]
I took my dryer apart to see why it wasn't drying, and BOY am I glad I did. Somehow the vent pipe in the bottom of the dryer came apart from the coresponding part of the dryer and then got reattacched by cutting back into it with a big-lint spewing gap. (see pic). There was lint all over the inside of the dryer cabinet and on the bottom of the cabinet. I am lucky it didn't catch fire.

Anyway, I fixed that, and tried to put it back together, but I can't figure out how the stupid clips go back in. They look like this:

http://www.partselect.com/assets/partimages/2019681_1_M.jpg

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:23:31 PM EDT
I fought the same deal..

they go in from the bottom so the tops are on top of the fron panel. the longer tab towards the front of the dryer. So it points down Yup down

Weird but thats how (at least on my washer)
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:51:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sbdfirearms:
I fought the same deal..

they go in from the bottom so the tops are on top of the fron panel. the longer tab towards the front of the dryer. So it points down Yup down

Weird but thats how (at least on my washer)
Thank you SOOOOOO much! I would have never figured it out on my own. I did like you said and SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, this site never disappoints!

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:03:14 PM EDT
Yea I don't understand how they work like that but after some swearing, scratching the noggin, kicking the dog, and swearing some more I started to pay attention to how the finish was worn and to my surprise...upside down they went.

Use the Force wisely!
Top Top