Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 9:05:00 PM EDT
Last week I asked about fluid for a Speedaire pump. Well, got everything bolted onto the tank and I realize the compressor pump won't budge. I crack open the top and the cylinders are filled with water. I emptied them and scrubbed out as much of the rust as I could but the pistons are frozen. Is this salvageable?? I sprayed breakfree all over them to loosen them up (it's all I could think of). Should I try PB or Kroil or something? I really want to try fixing this thing and get these things unstuck. Here are some shitty cell pics

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:06:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Fill'er up with Marvel Mystery Oil..let set for some number of days soaking in the stuff. Turn loose...or pound with non marring tool on piston tops(Nylon rod, or hunk of wood)

My Kids go-kart engine locked up over the winter...TIGHT!! ...Did the above (mystery oil..2 days). Broke it loose fairly easy with channel locks on the crankshaft...damn Jaing Dong Honda knock-off never ran so good!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Fill'er up with Marvel Mystery Oil..let set for some number of days soaking in the stuff. Turn loose...or pound with non marring tool on piston tops(Nylon rod, or hunk of wood)

My Kids go-kart engine locked up over the winter...TIGHT!! ...Did the above (mystery oil..2 days). Broke it loose fairly easy with channel locks on the crankshaft...damn Jaing Dong Honda knock-off never ran so good!

Agreed.

Marvel Mystery oil or some other penetrate.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:31:21 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys I will try that and see if it breaks up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top