Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/22/2006 7:09:46 PM EDT
Senators of Kansas voted today to overturn the veto by Gov Sebelius on the Concealed Carry law.

Kansas is now the latest state to allow concealed carry to all law abiding citizens.

Woo Hoo, a win for the good guys. Now only 3 states left to get a concealed carry law.

My home state of Nebraska is one of the 3. However it's an open carry state.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:17:00 PM EDT
Has the house voted to override too?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:24:00 PM EDT
House votes tomorrow morning
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:48:03 AM EDT
Today the House overrode Gov. Sebelius' veto by a vote of 91-33. WooHoo!!! Concealed carry is finally going to become a reality in Kansas!!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:54:56 AM EDT
The law won't go into effect until July 1, 2006, licenses won't be issued until Jan 1, 2007

More info from another friend following this...........

Dear ******,
You are correct that the bill does not become law until July 1. The bill
further states that the Attorney General's office will not issue licenses
until January 1, 2007. You may need to contact the Attorney General's
office to see when they will make the applications available. You can
contact AG Phill Kline at

Office of Attorney General Phill Kline
120 SW 10th Ave., 2nd Floor
Topeka, KS 66612-1597
(785) 296-2215 Telephone
(785) 296-6296 Fax

Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.
Thank you,

Kim Harp, Legislative Reference
State Library of Kansas
300 SW 10th Ave Rm 343-N
Topeka, KS 66612
785-296-2149
Legislative Hotline: 800-432-3924
http://www.kslib.info/ref/

Even with that, it was about time!!!! Now to get Nebraska to follow suit. Then only 2 states left.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:15:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2006 12:16:44 PM EDT by 4get_No1]
I thought Nebraska, Illinois, and Wisconsin were still holding out?

Either way...

Kansas

ETA: OOps... can't read .
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:19:46 PM EDT
As a former life long KS resident, Congrats to you guys!!!.
It's about time someone put Ms. Libtardwhowasntevenfuckingborninthestate in check.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:44:15 PM EDT
Nebraska will have a difficult time passing a CCW law. It's been brought up before, but most every time the arguement is "the State of Nebraska's 2nd Amendment doesn't allow for the right to carry concealed". "However it does allow for the right to 'carry'".

Nebraska is an open carry state. If it's in the open & loaded, you can carry. Just don't drive through Omaha with it.........you'll be sitting in jail. Local ordinance to limit handguns in Omaha make it a crime to have it in a vehicle.

Thank you Ernie Chambers for that load of hogwash.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:04:58 PM EDT
WOOT for KS.

Man, one more reason to leave this crap hole.
If we get an AWB this year, I think it will be time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:37:35 AM EDT
Text of the Senate bill sent to the lady gov........... (BTW the veto they overrode. First time in 12 years)

New Sec. 3. (a) On and after January 1, 2007, the attorney general shall issue licenses to carry concealed weapons to persons qualified as provided by this act. Such licenses shall be valid throughout the state for a period of four years from the date of issuance.

(c) A valid license, issued by any other state or the District of Columbia, to carry concealed weapons shall be recognized as valid in this state, but only while the holder is not a resident of Kansas, if the attorney general determines that standards for issuance of such license or permit by such state or district are equal to or greater than the standards imposed by this act. The
attorney general shall maintain and publish a list of such states and district which the attorney general determines have standards equal to or greater than the standards imposed by this act.
The provisions of this subsection shall take effect and be in force from and after January 1, 2007.

It's a "Shall Issue" and does recognize other states CCW's. No mention if local ordinances could deny it though. (at least I haven't found it yet)

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:54:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 4get_No1:
I thought Nebraska, Illinois, and Wisconsin were still holding out?

Either way...

h.gif.

Meh..i hate my state..we gotta get that asshot doyle outta office.
Top Top