Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/5/2006 11:54:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2006 3:59:05 PM EDT by CCW]
After the second reported Mexican Army incursion in so many weeks, with the description by the reporter that they had high powered weapons, I have a question. Can someone give me the technical interpretation of "high powered weapons"? What would be their equipment? I had heard about some German gear they carry, but no details. What caliber, what brand and models? Do they include pistols, rifles, carbines, sniper gear, grenade launcher, what?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:58:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2006 12:02:54 PM EDT by nationwide]
FAL's and HK G3's. I've also seen M-16's of various configurations...

7.62 NATO, even considered "high power" by our own competition standards.

ETA: I've often seen (in Mexico) Army trucks loaded up with troops and mistaken then for a wayward ARFCOM bunch looking for the Hun Farm... if that gives you any idea of what kind of toys they are packing.

And... as an aside, I find the "sudden" attention to the border issues absolutely laughable... and don't belive a single one of those lying elected bastards that say a word about it unles those words include "hardend fence or wall" or "Federal Troops" or "National Guard". Otherwise, they are just plain old full of shit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:58:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2006 11:59:00 AM EDT by MTNmyMag]
From what I have seen they use a hodge podge of various weapons. m16A1s , Ak-47, FAL, G3, HKG36, MP5 etc on a hunting show I watched recently that was filmed in Mexico they were stopped on the road by a Mexican Army Patrol, Troops were armed with G36 and Mp5
Top Top