Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 1:35:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 1:49:49 PM EDT by AR-180]
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/rim_patent_dc

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department urged a federal judge on Wednesday to refrain from any plans to shut the BlackBerry portable e-mail service over patent infringement until the government gets more assurances its users will be exempted.

I don't have this type of device, but it really gets under my skin that the .gov wants to be exempted. We seem to have lost our way.

Government is comprised of citizens. The sum of the whole is no greater than the parts.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:28:00 AM EDT
Haven't you heard? The Government appears to have recently become completely exempt from any form of laws or bonds of the Constitution. (Which I hear is just a GD peice of paper anyway)

YOU have to find a "free speech zone" if you show up at a Bush rally and are against him. Even though the entire freakin' country is a free speech zone.

YOU have to abide by the laws of the Government even when they are laws that the Federal Government wasn't granted the power to pass.

THEY however feel that everything is fair game and no law should apply to them.

The body of the whole will begin to reflect the attitudes of it's leader.

Well the President has made it clear that as the Executive and Commander in Chief, he can operate above it all.

Yep, sorta pisses me off too.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:32:58 AM EDT
I am surprised more people haven't jumped in with their two cents, but oh well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:38:03 AM EDT
In D.C. the device is called the 'crackberry.' Considered vital for knowing what's going on.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:57:00 AM EDT
There won't be a shutdown

There won't be a shutdown

There won't be a shutdown [praying]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:51:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:29:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By OODA_Loop:
In D.C. the device is called the 'crackberry.' Considered vital for knowing what's going on.

Going on with who...Marion Barry
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:41:11 AM EDT
.gov can already take any patented device they want and if the patent owner refuses to license, they can decide what it is worth and use the device and just send you a check.
This is nothing new and has been around for many many years.
It is intended to prevent a patent owner from refusing to license the government with desired/needed technology.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:53:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 2FALable:
Haven't you heard? The Government appears to have recently become completely exempt from any form of laws or bonds of the Constitution. (Which I hear is just a GD peice of paper anyway)

Well the President has made it clear that as the Executive and Commander in Chief, he can operate above it all.

Not just Commander in Chief, He said Everything would be easier if he were Dictator.
Top Top