Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 6:51:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2006 6:55:32 PM EDT by cmeyer001]
This thread got started by my railing of on a tangent in regards to Leapers (ChiCom) scope mounts.
The thing that started it all
The following is my reply to the last post made in that thread.

I dont see anything at all contradictory in those 2 statements.

For those of you that aren't English majors, the following statement

You are correct, in certain cases I do buy things made in China, but when I have options I will opt to not purchase things made in China.

This means, that I tend to shop around, if I am at a store ( a place where we buy things, again for those that may be a bit slow) I might look at similar items, if one happens to be made in China, and one does not , I'll buy the non Chinese variant.

In the case of say a computer mouse (as someone mentioned above) I would agree that it is hard to find one not made in China (I'm sure it exists, but I'm not going to google for hours to try to find a non Chinese mouse).

So, the economic philosophy outlined is don't buy Chinese. I suppose to make you happy I could qualify that statement with the addenda, if it can be avoided. Does that soothe you ?

So, don't be a cheap communist supporter, you have options, MFI and BandT. So following the above outlined economic philosophy, you have some options, you obviously have the financial means, as no HK or clone is inexpensive, so spend the extra money, don't support the commies, and get some real value for your money.

You're a funny guy, akginmaster, are you really that cheap, or you just lack principle, do you like to argue or do you dig communists ? Me, I'm very principled and I love to argue.

End of response

The general point I would like to make is that we as American consumers should attempt to not purchase things made in PRC as they are an enemy of the United States. When this is unduly hard to achieve I can of course see the rationale behind buying something made in China. But when the decision is made purely because you can get Chinese JUNK goods for cheaper than alternate sources, I think that is a poor decision, both economically as well in terms of nationalistic integrity.

Don't mistake me saying only buy made in USA, I understand the realities of a global economy, but I do adhere to a principal of resisting doing business with communists.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:34:49 PM EDT
You do like to argue. You neither stand your ground on your initial statement, nor do you admit that your wrong (hypocritical). You have an excuse for an excuse, just like a child that hasn't learned the concept of responsibility. Except responsibility for your actions weather they are thoughts or decisions followed through. Other wise your are fooling yourself and not growing.

Not saying you are not successful, just not growing personally. One might call a person a fool for paying $125.00 for something that you can buy for $25.00. One might call a person a fool for buying something made in China when you can get something made in Sweden.

I never questioned your opinion about the better product. I know which is better. You however decided to "POP" off running your fingers on your keyboard for a noble cause that you do not prescribe to, just to voice your opinion about a product that you didn't buy. Could your anger be directed at the cheaper product because you purchased a B & T and now you hear good reviews about a knock off that cost a fraction of what you paid for your B&T?

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:37:31 PM EDT
BTW, nice touch leaving out the "Just don't buy Chinese, that is my point." on your above post.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:47:12 PM EDT
I never buy chi-com crap.

Haven't been in Walmart in 5 years.

I go out of my way to Buy In The USA.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:53:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BigHitter:
I never buy chi-com crap.

Haven't been in Walmart in 5 years.

I go out of my way to Buy In The USA.

Good for you. Now flip over your keyboard and/or your mouse and tell me where they are made.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:56:08 PM EDT
Sucks doesn't it? Most of us (us being redneck Americans) don't even realize how much is made in China anymore.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:59:18 PM EDT
I try and get US made stuff when I can. Sometimes I buy stuff from China but its not often.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:39:18 PM EDT
Everything is made in China. My bible cover is made in China and it's not even legal to be a Christian there. Welding jacket...China. If it's not made in China it's made in Mexico. My Levi's or Dickies, made in Mexico. Years ago I a friend of mine was giving me a hard time about having a motorcycle made in Japan, all of his leathers were made in Korea. It's damn near impossible to find clothes made in the U.S. anymore.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:46:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Paradude54:
Everything is made in China. My bible cover is made in China and it's not even legal to be a Christian there. Welding jacket...China. If it's not made in China it's made in Mexico. My Levi's or Dickies, made in Mexico. Years ago I a friend of mine was giving me a hard time about having a motorcycle made in Japan, all of his leathers were made in Korea. It's damn near impossible to find clothes made in the U.S. anymore.

My aunt is a practicing Protestant in Shanghai. Not in hiding or anything; goes to church, wears a cross. Her family thinks she's nuts.

It's not safe to be a Christian, but it is tolerated in some places.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:47:42 PM EDT
Go try and find some items mostly certain tools that are US made, you can find them but mostly have to be ordered.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:10:49 PM EDT
someone needs to get out their big girl panties
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:14:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2006 10:47:57 AM EDT by AssaultRifler]
I buy chinese stuff: MAK90's, Norinco magazines. I buy shit from Walmart, got some chinese made shoes for $7. Beats paying $100 for some Nikes half of which goes into some fat cat CEO's pocket and the other 1/2 to some basketball player doing ads.

China's going to introduce a car in the US in 2008 I think, already people are getting sand in their manginas about it.

ETA: I knew it www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=426443
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:41:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 1:26:12 PM EDT by cmeyer001]
akginmaster, you really aren't getting it...

You neither stand your ground on your initial statement, nor do you admit that your wrong (hypocritical).

Please illustrate your support of the above statement.
I support my statements with illustrations and examples.
And I have nothing to admit wrong for.

Your arguments on the other hand seem to be directed at me based upon some latent guilt that you are experiencing because you know that I am right, that you are supporting the communists, and it frustrates you.

The statement

The general point I would like to make is that we as American consumers should attempt to not purchase things made in PRC as they are an enemy of the United States. When this is unduly hard to achieve I can, of course, see the rationale behind buying something made in China. But when the decision is made purely because you can get Chinese JUNK goods for cheaper than alternate sources, I think that is a poor decision, both economically as well in terms of nationalistic integrity.

seems to sum up a very concise philosophy in regards to buying Chinese made goods.

So, the economic philosophy outlined is don't buy Chinese. I suppose to make you happy I could qualify that statement with the addenda, if it can be avoided.
Does that soothe you ?

In your follow up post, you mentioned the following ...

BTW, nice touch leaving out the "Just don't buy Chinese, that is my point." on your above post.

Please read the above 2 posts, and then reconsider your statement. Your reading comprehension seems to be a bit on the low side.

if you are really hung up on the fact that I made the statement

Don't buy Chinese

And think that the above statement is vacillating (dictionary.com, try it some time) in relation to the other statements I have made, well, I can't help you...
I suppose you take everything at 100% literal interpretation?
When someone says “Hey, akginmaster, give me five!” , do you whip out your wallet?
Just wondering...

I think the statements I have made completely, and rationally, explain a very sound philosophy in regards to economic decisions.

Except responsibility for your actions weather they are thoughts or decisions followed through. Other wise your are fooling yourself and not growing.

And , my well educated friend, the word is whether, not weather... other wise is one word... the word would be accept ...etc... You are a glowing endorsement of Missouri schools!

And please tell me how I don't prescribe to my own economic principles? What do you know about the relative "Chinese made content" of my house?

So, consider the above, and come back with something reasonable to say. How about, give me a good and valid reason why it is OK to purchase things made in China as a general economic principle. My position, which you apparently missed, so I'll restate one more time, just for you, is that we as American consumers should choose to avoid spending money on Chinese goods, especially if the decision is purely economic.

I'll paraphrase that statement as DON'T BUY CHINESE.

If you really want to get in over your head, we can talk about why Chinese goods are cheap, and it isn't just market pressure, the Chinese government manipulates the currency markets to keep prices unfairly low, economics as a weapon. And we are losing.

So, read, enjoy, and let me know what you think, you can continue to call me a hypocrite, however, you might make a better impact if you try to actually justify a position, rather than just attack a position.

And as a matter of fact, I have not yet made my purchase (so the point about me being bitter for spending more is not valid), I am still debating between the BandT low profile with the BandT throw lever ring, so it will colocate with the sights, or a regular BandT mount for use with the ARMS throw lever ring currently on the Aimpoint. Or, thanks to you, I may go for the MFI, as I was unaware such a product existed before.

However, I can tell you, I wont buy a Chinese mount, somethings are worth paying extra for. (Just repeating in case you missed that) By the way my AK is Romanian , East German or Hungarian mags... I refuse to support the Chinese arms industry.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:06:08 PM EDT
I kind of knew your reply was going to be a long one. Good for you. In the following quote from your second reply on my thread about scope mounts you definitely state an idea, a way of thinking and a strong feeling for not buying from China period.

I know, people argue over stupid stuff on the forums, but really, do you really want to do business with the commies ? Those who take all of the profits from these type of things and invest them into RandD programs to build more sophisticated weapons, or on espianoge programs designed to steal information from those nations that do develop things.

Don't buy Chinese, spend the extra. Some things are worth it.

Here is a quote from a following post you made later.

You are correct, in certain cases I do buy things made in China, but when I have options I will opt to not purchase things made in China.

Is that not being hypocritical? Umm, yep it is.

BTW you brain dead twit espianoge is spelled espionage.

I have nothing more to say. I've wasted enough time on yourBOX OF ROCKS that you call a brain.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:50:50 PM EDT
Well I needed a cordless, I got one seemed the only ones I seen were China ones
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:08:54 PM EDT
Guess I win by default, akginmaster, you really are a funny guy.

SO, I see you found dictionary.com useful... nice catch.

Not hypocritical, I call it realistic. If the only option is Chinese, what choice do you have ?
I however don't opt for chinese based on price. It seems based on your anger that you do.

I might suggest that others seem to share my viewpoint, and get the point, which you do not.

I have found a kindred soul, one who loves to argue and sticks to a point.
Too bad you are wrong, and your reasoning skills are consistently flawed,
but hey, I won't hold it against you.

And akginmaster, BUY COMMIE!!! BE PROUD!!!

WooHoo.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:13:45 PM EDT
Oxygen thief.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:21:53 PM EDT
I thought you said you were done ?
Why the name calling ? That is not very nice...

You might offend someone....
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:31:35 PM EDT
I'll except responsibility for that.

I'll get over it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:35:42 PM EDT
holy crap, I'm made in China
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:19:08 AM EDT
but I bet you're not for sale ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:35:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By twonami:
holy crap, I'm made in China

Chrissakes, we're outsourcing childbirth now ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:07:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By akginmaster:
Good for you. Now flip over your keyboard and/or your mouse and tell me where they are made.

My keyboard, like all of the ones in the office were made in the USA by Lexmark. I've never seen an acceptable keyboard that wasn't made in the USA. I don't know why you'd say that about keyboards. I couldn't buy a usable one made in China if I wanted to.z
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:55:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By zoom:

My keyboard, like all of the ones in the office were made in the USA by Lexmark. I've never seen an acceptable keyboard that wasn't made in the USA. I don't know why you'd say that about keyboards. I couldn't buy a usable one made in China if I wanted to.z

RRRigghhttt.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:49:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By zoom:

RRRigghhttt.

The last batch we bought are FCC ID: IYL60G3571, and the one before that was IYL1398150. You can look-up the country of origin.

For the people that really use computers like programmers and data entry, you usually see keyboards that are made in the USA. A company would have to be stupid to buy Chinese garbage for people that type constantly.z
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:34:21 PM EDT
Keyboard (wireless Dell) made in Thailand. Works OK. Wireless Dell mouse made in China, also works OK.

But my policy is buy goods from somewhere other than China, when reasonable cost/quality can be obtained elsewhere. I won't spend hours or burn gasoline to do it, but a quick search will usually uncover something if it is there.

My reason is that China is our philosophical enemy and are actively researching ways to emasculate the United States so they can be the big power in the world. A couple of Chinese army officers published a report on how to use EMP type devices to throw our power grid out for a long time, following which our country would emerge very much weakened. They don't want to nuke us, they just want to dominate. Even the French would be able to walk in and take what they wanted. The liberals are doing everything they can to help.

A few years ago everyone was worried about the Japanese selling us everything. But they are no longer our philosphical enemy and need us to be powerful so they can stay safe. A massively powerful China would not be a very good thing for Japan.

There are some clothes still made in the US, try Filson (big bucks but great quality). However, it is near impossible to find any small kitchen appliances made anywhere but China. I tried to find an American-made toaster a few months back, and they do not exist except as expensive restaurant-grade items. Cheapest US made toaster I could find was over $200. Needless to say, the new toaster on my kitchen counter was made in China.

However I avoid buying Chinese-made firearms and parts. I do have items made in Brazil and Belgium/Portugal, and Italy, and even a nice Browning shotgun made in Japan. But the majority of my collection was made right here. But that is just my personal policy and I don't try to inflict it on others.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:47:21 PM EDT
I consider a ratio of cost to quality. I will buy whatever offers me the best cost-to-quality ratio. If it was made in the US, good. If it was made in China, then so be it.

Why should it be my patrotic duty to buy something that was made by a unionized worker who has forced the company to pay him $25 an hour to screw in screws?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:09:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 8:11:51 PM EDT by cmeyer001]
Just to clarify, my point has nothing to do with buy in the USA. If you can do so, that is great.

I have no problem buying foreign goods. I just prefer to not have my money go to support the single greatest threat to Western style democracy. China is an enemy of the US way of life.

So, buy from Mexico, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Phillipines, India, whatever, just not China.

And, I may ruffle some feathers, but being a former union man myself (UFCW local 428) , I can say the only bigger threat to the US than China is the damn UNIONS!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:44:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By guardian855:
I consider a ratio of cost to quality. I will buy whatever offers me the best cost-to-quality ratio. If it was made in the US, good. If it was made in China, then so be it.

Why should it be my patrotic duty to buy something that was made by a unionized worker who has forced the company to pay him $25 an hour to screw in screws?

+1

It's the capitalistic thing to do.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:05:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 10:06:51 AM EDT by mytwocents]
because my non union wages do not give me the opportunity to buy more expensive home grown stuff.
Also i tried to buy a chevy aveo but GM wouldnt finance me however toyota did. SO i drive a toyota 2006 scion XA which costs less and has more standard equipment same reason my wife drives a 2006 corolla.

Both our vehicles get over 30 mpg (close to 40 on the highway) something again american cars cant.

Im a machinist. My job will be affected by ford and gm scaling back and putting guys on the street. But less face the facts. American maufacturers as a whole have been pretty half assed about what they do, add to that the get rich, raise profits, mentality of CEOs off shoring our manufacturing
and you end up with the situation we have here.

I sat down at dinner with some of my grandmas freinds. This couple espoused a space based missile system to protect us from china. I said it would be more effective and fiscally easier to just stop shopping at wal mart.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:05:36 PM EDT
talk to your big businesses...even those once known quality as quality tools are made in China now...I go out of my way to find things not made in China and it is not easy...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:19:19 PM EDT
Snap ON hand tools craftsman and stanley are made in the USA. Everything else snap on is pretty much made in asia. They dont want to tell you that though
Top Top