Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 4:32:25 AM EDT
Two men arrested for drive-by shooting
Comprehensive Coverage of Breaking News and Severe Weather

WSAZ-TV

Huntington, WV - A quiet Huntington neighborhood awoke to gunshots on Saturday morning. It happened at around 3:00 a.m. on Fairfax Drive.

Police say sixty-two rounds of bullets were fired at the targeted home. The shooter used an AK-47 along with 10mm and 9mm pistols.

"They're standard assault weapons," said Sgt. Darrell Booth of Huntington Police Department. "Military weapons used by the axis powers( in World War II) to fight against the United States. It's a high powered rifle."

Police have made two arrests in connection with the shooting. Christopher Henderson and Clifton Ross were found with a one-hundred round magazine drum for an assault rifle.

"It blows your mind. It terrifies you," said one neighbor who wished to remain anonymous. "We have small children. Just not at all the type of neighborhood you imagine this coming to."

Although two men are in custody, police are still looking for a third man they believe is connected to the shooting. If you have any information about last night's drive-by shooting, contact the Huntington police.

© 2006 MSNBC.com

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10763761/

This is just the kind of thing the AWB supporters will use.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:48:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KyBlaster:
The shooter used an AK-47 along with 10mm and 9mm pistols.

"They're standard assault weapons," said Sgt. Darrell Booth of Huntington Police Department. "Military weapons used by the axis powers( in World War II) to fight against the United States. It's a high powered rifle."

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:24:38 AM EDT
You think an LEO would know better. I hate it when people start talking but don't know what they're talkin about.

I also hate assholes who make themselves the poster child for every gun hating liberals cause. I hope they never see daylight again.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:23:34 AM EDT
Most cops don't know dick about firearms, this is just indicative of a wider problem in law enforcement.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:28:40 AM EDT

Police have made two arrests in connection with the shooting. Christopher Henderson and Clifton Ross were found with a one-hundred round magazine drum for an assault rifle....

So, with the lack of any other evidence, were they arrested for possession of the "one-hundred round magazine drum"???

Was there other evidence?

Like some grainy black & white surveillance footage that their highly trained and skilled CSI unit was able to enhance and extract two perfect photos?

Where there perfectly preserved finger prints on the emptys on the ground?

Did their CSI match the tire print on the asphalt in front of the house to the right kind of tire, vehicle, and driver?

Holy Shit Batman!! These cops are AMAZING!

[/sarcasm]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:13:04 AM EDT
Didn't know the ak-47 had a 100 round drum I thought it was 75. O well no one said police are smart.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:46:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/1/2006 8:48:06 PM EDT by 2FALable]
Yeah I can imagine it coming to a neighborhood like that one cause OBVIOUSLY them folks aren't smart enough to own their own AK's. Those goobers dropped 62 rounds, return fire shoulda only taken 2 rounds... Not to mention it woulda made catching them a lot easier.

and yes that dipshit cop needs to figure out if it was an AK-47 or an STG 44.

One the Axis powers used in WW II and the other is a commie pinko weapon designed after the war.

If he'd just said "the insurrgent's weapon of choice" he'd have at least sounded like he had a clue.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:00:50 PM EDT
I presently live in Huntington. There was recently a (drug-related) quadruple murder in one of the bad sections of town. Four teens were killed, but then again they were driving around the worst section of town at 2AM. It was probably drug-related. However, the local paper is on a crusade (for a pulitzer), because they believe that no Huntingtonian can ever committ such crimes. Though it's a bit less ridiculous than the City Council's bird flu crusade (which involved using National Guard C-130s to spray Agent Orange on various swamps around town), it's still rather silly. Judging by the local news, almost all of the shooting was done with the 9mm pistol.
Fortunately, I haven't heard much from the anti-gunners in the area. There doesn't seem to be much of a movement to ban "assault weapons" at present. The focus is more on the "invaders from Detroit," who are being blamed for our local ills.
As an aside, another shooting happened near my Aunt's house. She's well protected by a loaded .357 magnum. I think that all these shootings has heightened people's desire to protect the Second Amendment. I saw more people purchasing pistols in the local store than I have before. I don't see a major movement to deprive me of my AR-15 in the near future.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:42:30 AM EDT
not to mention that ak's weren't around during WWII, but since USSR was an allied power the sherrif isn't close to knowing what he's talking about. Or maybe I'm being to critical.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:58:32 AM EDT
shit, I'm gonna order some AK's and use my C&R!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:39:15 PM EDT
Was that a media blog or the whole story. Remember the media brought this to you and as we know they are never biased.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:03:33 AM EDT
I own several AR15's, a mini-14, rifles, handguns etc.Hearing about someone emptying a high capacity magazine at someone's house makes me sit up and take notice.

I believe in the right to bear arms, but we have to ask ourselves how we can help prevent this kind of thing.

I firmly believe that the justice system is out of whack in terms of the penalties for violent crime.
There should be more executions for assault and battery. And there should be less people in jail for
things like selling some marijuana.

I would feel much more comfortable knowing that some jerk who pulls a gun on innocent people will be put to death, rather than the average of 8 years for a murder, if it is prosected at all. I think would help deter this kind of thing, I would hope.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:12:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 13thWarrior:
Didn't know the ak-47 had a 100 round drum I thought it was 75. O well no one said police are smart.

They come in both capacities

Top Top