Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 4:16:10 AM EDT
Surprised this hasn't made it here yet...

A while back Rep. Jim Gibbons requested the Congressional Research Staff to put together a memo concerning the NFRTR (NFA database) and reported abuses, missing information, etc.

The CRS compiled the memo and Jim Gibbons has released it. It is available at www.nfaoa.org/documents/CRSmemoNFRTR0001.pdf (download alert for dialup users - it is 20 MB!).

This document shows coverups, deliberate illegal changes to the NFRTR database and brings to light the questionable practices of the BATF. Due to the nature of the abuses and the consequences of the actions of the BATF, this document shows grounds for a repeal of the 1986 machine gun ban as well as the 1934 NFA.

Read the document in depth and if you agree, contact your Congressional Representatives and Senators and urge them to support repeal of the above two laws.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:58:29 PM EDT
I would be nice, but I doubt it will ever happen. If you cant get a repulican president to repeal the import ban, I doubt you will see a repeal of a machine gun ban.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:07:57 PM EDT
Not in our lifetime.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:49:50 PM EDT
If we could only get a group of lawyers to go after this...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:43:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HK_Shooter_03:

Its too bad there isnt a nationwide organization dedicated to promoting gun rights that could take the initative on this.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:46:16 PM EDT
The dir or ex-dir has admitted as such during a videotaped training session.

Words to the effect of: "Everyone here knows it's not 100% accurate, but we will always testify that it is 100%."

There was a thread on that not too long ago, IIRC. Thanks for the new/updated info. I'm presently downloading the .pdf.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:48:43 PM EDT
Hint: Right click, select "save target as". Go get something to drink if don't have broadband.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:48:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Osirus23:

Its too bad there isnt a nationwide organization dedicated to promoting gun rights that could take the initative on this.

If only...I might even give $700 to be a life member of such an organization. Of course, I'd expect them to do more than just take my money, give me lip service, and send me a lame gun magazine once a month.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:03:40 PM EDT

I know.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:04:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2006 4:05:06 PM EDT by HK_Shooter_03]

Yeah, really...

+1

ETA:

That might be sig worthy!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:16:09 PM EDT
You know....if a national group that was able to take this and run with it I.E: get a good group of lawyers on it, and take it as far as they could, I'd give $700 a year to get it done (and I'm poor). Will it happen............no. Would I love it, yes, because BATF needs someone to bitchslap it back to what it is.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:47:37 AM EDT
Get your wallet ready and join the NFAOA.

www.nfaoa.org
Top Top