Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/22/2005 6:16:25 PM EDT
Michael Savage rocks.... nuff said.
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 1:12:45 AM EDT
I listen to him everyday on the way home from work.

Savage ROCKS!

Savage Nation
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:41:46 PM EDT
savage is also pro-gun, he talks about his ar-15 every now and then.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:41:21 PM EDT
I listen to him every night. He is great.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 10:11:31 AM EDT
Does anybody know where can I hear him at in MI?
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:28:59 PM EDT
if you log onto your local talk radio stations' websites, you should be able to find him somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:44:47 PM EDT
I pretty much agree with everything I've heard him say, but to be honest he anoys the piss out of me.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:50:34 PM EDT
He is a hate monger. He is right on a LOT of issues.... but he is a spiteful, wretched, hateful man.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 12:52:42 PM EDT
+1

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 2:13:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FALARAK:
He is a hate monger. He is right on a LOT of issues.... but he is a spiteful, wretched, hateful man.

You're right. It's also the main reason he's popular. I love listening to his rants, even when he's wrong.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:29:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 2:58:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2005 4:56:25 PM EDT by PanzerMK7]
I know I'll probably be mercilessly assualted for this but I feel compelled to say it anyways. I still haven't listened to his program but judging from the information on his website I have to agree with earlier posters that while I do see eye to eye with him on a lot of issues, he sinks awfully low in an attempt to make his point. His style can basically be summed a up as stereotype perpetuating propaganda, but thats what appeals to some people. I still intend to listen to a few of his programs in order to get a better feel for the guy but as of right now he seems to be representative of the general decline of objective journalism in our country.

P.S. The preceding was in no way intended to be an attack on listeners of the Michael Savage program. Just an honest expression of my initial impressions of his journalistic style.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:20:38 PM EDT
i think he ( michael savage) summed it up best... when you are living in hellish times, you become full of anger and negativity and righteous hate. look at the jewish prophets. it is the natural response to seeing evil advance upon the world. its called righteous indignation. it is just that he is the only one in the media that properly feels the urgency and need that has come upon us to speak and act. it is urgent. it is pressing. if you dont feel this sense of urgency, then his words wont sit right with you. plus, hes not a pussy, and that is a real plus in some peoples books. IYCHM. CYHM?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:36:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/13/2005 9:38:40 AM EDT by PanzerMK7]
I have full respect for a man of action, (one who is not a pussy). But I think this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. Islamo - radicalism dosen't have to be the threat that it has become to the United States, I think the escalation of this "war" (and I use the term hesitantly) is the result of the mishandling of the terrorist organizations over several presidential administrations, and it continues with this one, with a timely and proportional application of force I think we could have difused many of these conflicts before they occured.

I just don't feel comfortable with demagogues, those that appeal to the passions and prejudices of a people in order to gain influence, once a conflict ceases to be a conflict of genuine grievances and becomes a conflict of blind emotional retaliation it takes on a life of its own. The conflict has already reached this point with many of the radicals, but I don't see how allowing the same thing to happen to us can be of any benefit. Once that point has been reached your perception of the enemy becomes so skewed that you view every Muslim (or Christian in their case) as your enemy, when it is really only a tiny % of the poplation that are actually perpetuating the conflict. Once this point is reached, one begins to justify the deaths of innocent civilians, further fueling the fires of the demagogues, and their words soon become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

But I still can't comment directly on the program, as I still have yet to listen to it hinking.gif

Oh, and what do those acronyms mean, I'm new to the forum so I don't quite have the hang of all the lingo yet.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:29:33 PM EDT
listen to him and you will see that what you have posted is on the same page of alot of what he says, except he definetly does not attempt to appeal to anyone. he uses his brain and then speaks his heart and mind.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:23:04 PM EDT
Fair enough I guess , I'll listen to a few programs and then report back with my impressions.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:49:21 PM EDT
I have heard him on the radio and my wife bought me his book. I think he counter balances the left very well. My favorite talk show host is Jerry Doyle. Used to be Rush, but he is predictable and doesn't ever admit that anyone on the left may just have a point.

BTW, my politics are just to the right of Attila the HUN!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:19:00 AM EDT
Hang the politics. I dont give a rat's ass about politics or what's 'popular' these days. I only care about one thing, the Greatness of Our Nation.

I say OUR Nation instead of calling it 'my Nation' because it is too large and impressive a thing for one man to claim. This land has flourished and grown strong through the pursuit of what is just, right and good.

"That this Nation, by the people, for the people and of the people Will not Perish from the Earth."

That is my sole concern. Anything that weakens America in the face of her enemies (Foriegn and Domestic) is anathema to me and my way of thinking. There is no middle ground. There is no fence to sit on.
The line in the sand must be drawn, and drawn razor thin, so that no man may seek safety and solace in making no commitment either for or against it.
There are two sides in this conflict:
The Side of Justice, Freedom and Liberty... And the side of Murder, intolerance and religious totalitarianism.

Which side you are on is up to you, but you can be certain, that if you are not on their side, you will be conquered by the sword unless you stand up and declare that you will not submit to tyrany. That you refute their mad thirst for power and control in the guise of 'religion'.

Stand up and be heard. Declare your Allegiance to the singularly American Ideal that has seen Millions liberated, and inspired millions more.

Life, Liberty, Freedom from fear. These are the birthrights of Humanity. They do not belong to a single nation alone, but to us all.

When you raise your hand to willingly defend the rights of others, you in turn defend your own right to do so.

Make the right choice.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:51:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2005 8:55:28 PM EDT by INCIRLIK]

Originally Posted By PanzerMK7:
I know I'll probably be mercilessly assualted for this but I feel compelled to say it anyways. I still haven't listened to his program but judging from the information on his website I have to agree with earlier posters that while I do see eye to eye with him on a lot of issues, he sinks awfully low in an attempt to make his point. His style can basically be summed a up as stereotype perpetuating propaganda, but thats what appeals to some people. I still intend to listen to a few of his programs in order to get a better feel for the guy but as of right now he seems to be representative of the general decline of objective journalism in our country.

P.S. The preceding was in no way intended to be an attack on listeners of the Michael Savage program. Just an honest expression of my initial impressions of his journalistic style.

Just curious,
If you have not listened to his program--how can you have "an honest expression of your initial impressions"? You shot your complete intended point down in the first 2 sentences of your post. I do listen and agree with almost all of his general Ideas but I know he is also inconsistent from week to week regarding specific statements he makes, BUT I listen 3-4 days a week.

ETA I agree with some of your statements in this forum BTW
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:08:01 PM EDT
At the time I posted that I was operating entirely off of the information on his website, I have since listened to several of his programs, and most of my original inferences proved true (I think).
I'll reiterate, I like his politics in general, I just take issue with some of his methods.

I'm glad you agree w/ me on some issues . I often feel that I come across as too moderate in alot of my posts. Which often gets me flamed by the reactionarys.
Top Top