Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/19/2005 9:34:54 PM EDT
UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Contingency plan....... http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:pUCA_rzPgdAJ:www.smallpox.mil/resource/SMAplan/doc/ResponsePlan.doc+CONPLAN+0500&hl=en&client=firefox-a

a little less than 1/3 down the page cited is what is most alarming. under 3.Execution a.DoD intent (4)The operational priorities of search and containment will be: (f)Other steps appropriate to the situation, including restriction of movement and/or use of personal protective equipment.

overreacting? ask gun owners in new orleans.
i have seen no reaction. no reaction in the press.... ofcourse.
even in the so called conservative media.

afraid of this bird flu? i am not saying we shouldnt be. but restriction( new orleans= confiscation) of personal protection doesnt aid in these matters.
"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant"-- James Madison
i know i am preaching to the choir, but we need to bombard congress with our voice of disapproval.

Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." -- James Madison"
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 9:38:27 PM EDT
But Bush is a great president.
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 9:38:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 9:41:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Current-Resident:

Yeah where are GWB apologist????
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 9:52:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By nationwide:
64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:pUCA_rzPgdAJ:www.smallpox.mil/resource/SMAplan/doc/ResponsePlan.doc+CONPLAN+0500&hl=en&client=firefox-a

Linky made hot! hot! hot!

I'd read it... but I've got mags to load hr
thanks brother for the help. i am pretty 'puter illiterate.
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 9:53:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cnow:

Originally Posted By nationwide:
64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:pUCA_rzPgdAJ:www.smallpox.mil/resource/SMAplan/doc/ResponsePlan.doc+CONPLAN+0500&hl=en&client=firefox-a

Linky made hot! hot! hot!

I'd read it... but I've got mags to load

thanks brother for the help. i am pretty 'puter illiterate.

Don't feel bad. El Jeffe is pretty Constitution illiterate
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 4:30:55 PM EDT
Only3 more years
Link Posted: 10/22/2005 4:12:37 PM EDT
Department of Defense Smallpox Response Plan
Washington, DC 29 September 2002

This was three years ago.
Link Posted: 10/23/2005 8:33:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By John40mm:
Department of Defense Smallpox Response Plan
Washington, DC 29 September 2002

This was three years ago.

the plan was written three years go.... but it is the provision that is spoken of in the posse comitatus. i shouldnt have started out by saying it was unconstitutional, because it is covered by an amendment in our constitution. but i really do believe the part about restricting citizens from using personal protection in the CONPLAN contingency plan is unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 10/24/2005 8:35:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/24/2005 8:37:18 PM EDT by rugerp345]
Molon Labe !

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 11:27:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mattl:

Yeah where are GWB apologist????

In the kitchen making a new batch of kool-aid
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 11:40:48 PM EDT
This is America. Land of the free.

You dont like having your civil liberties eroded systematically? Then you probably have forgotten about 9/11.

This is a war of ideas, not troops. The only way to fight evil is to become evil.

Some sacrifices must be made. We will not falter, we will not fail. The Bill of Rights must be burned.

It's the price of freedom.
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 4:42:27 AM EDT

You dont like having your civil liberties eroded systematically? Then you probably have forgotten about 9/11.

This is a war of ideas, not troops. The only way to fight evil is to become evil.

Some sacrifices must be made. We will not falter, we will not fail. The Bill of Rights must be burned.

war is peace.
freedom is slavery.
ignorance is strength.
ingsoc.

so long as we have our freedom. the amount of tresspasses on civil rights that have happened in the name of freedom since 9/11 makes me sick.
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 7:31:24 PM EDT
Check out all the web pages for the new US national id card. I'm still stunned that it has passed and we will all soon be subjects to the climatizing stages of the "Mark of the Beast"

http://news.com.com/National+ID+cards+on+the+way/2100-1028_3-5573414.html

It has also been stated in my searches that a "Real ID" will be needed to

purchase a firearm. Now, while I can, I've got to stock up on guns as well as

un-traceable ammo. "They may take my life, but they will never take my

freedom"

Link Posted: 11/13/2005 7:50:27 PM EDT
"Breaking"

DU ing on AR15.com

with DU arming themselves its no wonder why he is proposing this contingency plan . I know Im scared
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 8:03:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By V-Rod:
"Breaking"

DU ing on AR15.com

with DU arming themselves its no wonder why he is proposing this contingency plan . I know Im scared

coburn
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 6:36:39 PM EDT
Pres. Bush has asked Congress to give him power to use military TO POLICE AMERICAN CIVILIAN CITIZENS

WE Warned you about this guy
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 12:17:44 AM EDT
I "herd" of a survey years ago under the Clinton Admin. that asked U.S. troops would they be willing to use force against American Citizens. The result was "Yes" against the sheeple.
Tyranny abounds!
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 12:03:38 PM EDT

That sir is quite the dumb statement. You go ahead and give up your rights. I on the other hand will die for mine and anyone elses that are being taken away. In other words, go screw yourself. You FREAKING MINDLESS IDIOT. I will never give up my rights. I don't care what the scenario is. They are gauranteed to me by the constitution. A document that I hold sacred and I will not give it up so cheaply. You go ahead and give away yours if you are afraid. I believe we can beat Osama without giving up our rights and I think you are a fool to believe that you have to give up your rights to fight him. But then again, stupid people who can't think for themselves always outnumber smart people. Kool aid drinking moron. Never give up your rights to a polotician because you will never get them back.

People like you make my blood boil. It must be hard to breath with the mess of stupid you carry around all day. You will give up your rights because some dumb ass polotician says so even though you don't trust that dumbass polotician? What kind of logic is that? If they had a chance they would take away everything and run you around at gun point as you worked all day to pay all of your money in taxes to them so they could spend it on what they wanted. But go ahead and sign away your constitutional rights to them. TARD! Just shut up.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:40:49 PM EDT

No offense intended, but what has GW Bush contributed to the world, or for that matter, the US during his time? He may be good for protecting our second amendment rights; but it's dumb shit like this that he comes up with ALL the other times. This ignorant fool does not belong in office. Because of bush and his so called "WMDs" in Iraq (which by the way dont exist) not only do the communists hate us, but so does the rest of the world. The mid eastern guys for obvious reasons, and Europe because they know that we have a dumbass in charge here. I hope I don't sound like a raving a-hole, but this guy pisses me off.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 10:26:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2005 4:58:51 PM EDT by PanzerMK7]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted By Scagnettie
That sir is quite the dumb statement. You go ahead and give up your rights. I on the other hand will die for mine and anyone elses that are being taken away. In other words, go screw yourself. You FREAKING MINDLESS IDIOT. I will never give up my rights. I don't care what the scenario is. They are gauranteed to me by the constitution. A document that I hold sacred and I will not give it up so cheaply. You go ahead and give away yours if you are afraid. I believe we can beat Osama without giving up our rights and I think you are a fool to believe that you have to give up your rights to fight him. But then again, stupid people who can't think for themselves always outnumber smart people. Kool aid drinking moron. Never give up your rights to a polotician because you will never get them back.

People like you make my blood boil. It must be hard to breath with the mess of stupid you carry around all day. You will give up your rights because some dumb ass polotician says so even though you don't trust that dumbass polotician? What kind of logic is that? If they had a chance they would take away everything and run you around at gun point as you worked all day to pay all of your money in taxes to them so they could spend it on what they wanted. But go ahead and sign away your constitutional rights to them. TARD! Just shut up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
um... I think he was being sarcastic, but seriously when are people going to learn that the Bushbots are not pro-civil rights. As far as I'm concerned the current administration has most of the qualities required of a tyrannical regime. and many of the people that voted for them would be all to willing to surrender their first born if it meant that their dumbasses could feel a little safer at night. Remember that despite what many would have you believe, ours is NOT a two party system, vote LIBERTARIAN in '08
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:06:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PanzerMK7:
ours is NOT a two party system, vote LIBERTARIAN in '08

hell yes
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:18:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cnow:
UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Contingency plan....... http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:pUCA_rzPgdAJ:www.smallpox.mil/resource/SMAplan/doc/ResponsePlan.doc+CONPLAN+0500&hl=en&client=firefox-a

a little less than 1/3 down the page cited is what is most alarming. under 3.Execution a.DoD intent (4)The operational priorities of search and containment will be: (f)Other steps appropriate to the situation, including restriction of movement and/or use of personal protective equipment.

overreacting? ask gun owners in new orleans.
i have seen no reaction. no reaction in the press.... ofcourse.
even in the so called conservative media.

afraid of this bird flu? i am not saying we shouldnt be. but restriction( new orleans= confiscation) of personal protection doesnt aid in these matters.
"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant"-- James Madison
i know i am preaching to the choir, but we need to bombard congress with our voice of disapproval.

Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." -- James Madison"

PUT DOWN THE PIPE AND STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD!!
F'n scaremongering DU'ers.

Did you even take the time to assess what they meant by "personal protective equipment" or did you just assume they meant GUNS?

I don't read the word "FIREARM" anywhere and when you read later on in the plan you see "personal protective equipment" has nothing to do with guns. My guess is that they talking about breathing apparatuses.

-------

3. (5) After an outbreak begins, the key to stopping the outbreak lies in vaccinating the right people (i.e., those who otherwise would spread the disease to others), rather than large numbers of people at random. Determining the “right” people will be a professional challenge. DoD will conduct wide-area vaccination when appropriate to maximize retention of military capabilities. Educating, isolating appropriate individuals after fever develops and providing appropriate personal protective equipment are other important tasks (Annex C).

---

(e) Air Operations. In coordination with US Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) and the Combatant Command(s), military air traffic between installations should be minimized upon notification of a confirmed case of smallpox, until the extent of the outbreak is determined and medical personnel can interview affected aircrew for presence of fever or rash, travel history and plans, and smallpox vaccination status (Annex A). Medical personnel will provide information to aircrew about personal protective equipment and other measures to reduce disease transmission. USTRANSCOM will coordinate with Combatant Commands for strategic-lift requirements, with appropriate priority given to DoD smallpox response requirements.

--
4. Smallpox Vaccine. Smallpox vaccine protects more than 95% of healthy people who receive it. Smallpox vaccine contains live vaccinia viruses, which cross-protect against variola virus, the virus that causes smallpox. Unfortunately, smallpox vaccine causes rare, but serious adverse reactions after vaccination. Current supplies of smallpox vaccine are limited because production ceased in the early 1980’s. Additional supplies of smallpox vaccines are being produced now, using purer, more modern production methods. While smallpox vaccine is very effective, personal protective equipment will be used to augment protection for the individual worker.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:13:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:
Did you even take the time to assess what they meant by "personal protective equipment" or did you just assume they meant GUNS?

I don't read the word "FIREARM" anywhere and when you read later on in the plan you see "personal protective equipment" has nothing to do with guns. My guess is that they talking about breathing apparatuses.

You beat me to it, but I'll go ahead and second you here.

In the military, "Personal Protective Equipment" means personal safety gear, and it varies. Whatever is necessary for your own safety during a particular task, and it can be anything from gloves to respirators to full MOPP gear. PPE never, ever refers to weapons of any kind.

Calm down, guys. I also think that the government has done alot of unconstitutional things in the past four years, but this CONPLAN does not appear to have anything to do with restricting the 2nd Amendment during a smallpox outbreak.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:03:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By McNamara:

Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:

You beat me to it, but I'll go ahead and second you here.

In the military, "Personal Protective Equipment" means personal safety gear, and it varies. Whatever is necessary for your own safety during a particular task, and it can be anything from gloves to respirators to full MOPP gear. PPE never, ever refers to weapons of any kind.

Calm down, guys. I also think that the government has done alot of unconstitutional things in the past four years, but this CONPLAN does not appear to have anything to do with restricting the 2nd Amendment during a smallpox outbreak.

Can I third that?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:31:40 PM EDT
I can't believe someone actually thinks they are going to modify that Right away from us too in plain view!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:20:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2005 7:20:41 PM EDT by cnow]
well, i stand corrected. i still am not thrilled about the military restricting anything i choose to do, especially when it comes to things that i find neccessary to protect myself. as AJ pointed out, the context of the use of the words "personal protective equiptment" does seem to indicate something other than firearms. so, i stand corrected. now on to other news.... dude, the NSA knows i like asian upskirts!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:04:17 AM EDT

This is you brain on drugs, right? Was Palpatine your civics teacher?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:55:14 AM EDT
YES, a Star Wars reference We must crush the rebel scum, long live the empire.

Or is it the other way around? I'm always getting confused on these kinds of things.
Top Top